Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Fenton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Tony Fenton irritates me. Today fm is always on at work and the 2 and a half hours of tony can range from grand to torture.

"Ya, great song, great song" or his love of "Bruce" or "Van, the Man" annoy me, but his clichéd mannerisms are extremely irritating.

He can be very 'smashy and nicey' I agree and he is obsessed with playing van morrison but i find fenton rather inoffensive and easy enough to listen to, there are far worse dj's on todayfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭violetanderson

I love the Fenton. He's totally cliché but thats part of his charm. If you cant take it, then turn it off.

Easy. Peasy

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

Tony Fenton is not my cup of tea, I can't stand they way everywhere is a 'fantastic part of the country' no matter what boghole you choose to ring the show from he'll still love it!

He's not the worst though, my most hated DJ's in order would have to be:

1. Colm Hayes (can't abide him)
    2. RayDarcy (hate his guts)
    3. Niki Hayes
    4. Tony Fenton

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Its as if Tony has alzheimer's, same songs everyday and same comments, hate it and ray foley can be a tool and that jp dope as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Its as if Tony has alzheimer's, same songs everyday and same comments, hate it and ray foley can be a tool and that jp dope as well

Yes we know you hate Ray Foley. We've had the pleasure of viewing your facebook group on two different threads now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

how can the OP like Ray Foley and find Tony annoying. Used to work in a shop where the radio was under boss control and none of us could stand the Ray Foley show and were bloody relieved when his "wacky" crew finished and Tonaaay! started up. Hes a DJ, they are suppoed to sound like muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Used to think TF was tpp sleazy sounding, but he does play some decent tunes in fairness. I can't stand the Ray Foley show...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Tony, please please please TURN DOWN YOUR HEADPHONES!! The feedback is incredibly irritating. Ironically, you want to hear your deep tones nice and clearly, but it makes your voice sound strange on the radio. Turn them down !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I love the Fenton. He's totally cliché but thats part of his charm. If you cant take it, then turn it off.

Easy. Peasy
    Yeah. He's just how he is. An old school DJ. Lots of schmooz!
    He's not the worst though, my most hated DJ's in order would have to be:

1. Colm Hayes (can't abide him)
    2. RayDarcy (hate his guts)
    3. Niki Hayes
    4. Tony Fenton
    Hate? That's a bit strong isn't it? They may not be your cup of tea (or coffee) for that matter but they're probably not bad people.
    Its as if Tony has alzheimer's,
    That's a really nasty thing to say. Not nice at all!
    Tony, please please please TURN DOWN YOUR HEADPHONES!! The feedback is incredibly irritating. Ironically, you want to hear your deep tones nice and clearly, but it makes your voice sound strange on the radio. Turn them down !!
    Their mic audio seems to be a bit dodgy the last few days. Someone sabotaging them???:D

Their mic audio seems to be a bit dodgy the last few days. Someone sabotaging them???:D

It has been alright. But think Tonys problems are down to loud cans! Tony its bad for your ears . . and ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Shows like Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service on BBC 6 is the way to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Easy. Peasy

hes completley one dimensional but in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

"Yeah, roight, super super, that's roight yes indeed, another.. absolute classic there from Phillo and the boys, just walked past his statue on... ahhh... Grafton Street, Van the Man, U2, smashing, nice, smashing, nice..."

Sorry... that's all I hear when I listen to Tony these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

He gives knob-ends a bad name............:p

Bard wrote: »
    "Yeah, roight, super super, that's roight yes indeed, another.. absolute classic there from Phillo and the boys, just walked past his statue on... ahhh... Grafton Street, Van the Man, U2, smashing, nice, smashing, nice..."

Sorry... that's all I hear when I listen to Tony these days...
    (Laughing very loudly!) Ya see what I mean? He's a good old skool schmooze but he's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

(Laughing very loudly!) Ya see what I mean? He's a good old skool schmooze but he's great!

Oh I didn't say I didn't like him! The term "legend of Irish radio" is reserved for the likes of him, Larry Gogan, Chris Barry, Mike Moloney,...

and Pat Courtney apparently...

Bard wrote: »
    The term "legend of Irish radio" is reserved for the likes of ...

....and Pat Courtney apparently...
    Yeah, it seems there will be large collective orgasms among some when he starts on Nova. I'm not convinced of his God like talents yet. He was good back then but no way was he head and shoulders above the others. (I better keep the ould flak jacket on a bit longer!!;))

Is anyone else listening to this?! He is having to pause mid-sentence as there is so much feedback. It was the same all last week. Every day for two hours Tony battles with feedback because his headphones are too loud! I know I'm going on a bit but really Tony, turn them down !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Tut tut tut.....not listening to Nova then elvis....or have you got fed up with it...it IS getting better...:p

Ha - Today FM is on in work all the time Sids. Have actually given Nova a rest though. I found myself picking it apart too much. I'll go back in a couple of weeks when they settle in a bit more.

I've just listened back to Tony. I can't understand how such an experienced guy can let the same thing happen day after day after day.

About 15:30 on Part 1 of his show, you'll hear what I mean: http://audiostore.todayfm.com/player/monday.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

him and that Rick lad make me sick to my belly.

How they got onto RADIO is beyond me.

Fentons manner and the way he forces on uncomfortable conversations with callers is hard to listen to.

Does he go home or go to the shop with that silly accent???

Same problem again today ! Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

YOU'RE A WINNER!

YOU'RE A WINNER!

"What do I win Tony?"

"An earful of feedback!!!! - Congrrrrratulations"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I heard him say to a caller recently when they commented on a song he liked......

" Ha ha I like your flavour."
    I cringed so much I almost crashed into a wall while driving.

Same problems again today, so I've emailed Tony this:

Hi Tony,

I hope all is well. A small issue with your audio is cropping up again and again on our forum. There is a constant feedback issue. It sounds like your headphones are too loud. Every time your music bed stops playing it seems to get worse, but it can happen with the bed playing too. The feedback can get quite loud. I’m sure you’ve noticed it yourself, as it sounds like it has knocked you off your stride a few times.

I’m just wondering if you have any plans to change your audio settings?

All the best,

boards.ie user – elviscostello

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Tony Fenton's ongoing popularity in this country is indicative of a serious flaw in our national character and the very reason the IMF will be in here sorting us out by christmas. We have the country (and daytime DJs) we deserve.

Still the same problems. . . Jeez I wish I could turn this off in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

I believe Tony refers to his manhood as "little Tony", as in "Come and sit on my lap, and say hello to little Tony".
    I also believe that Tony had a cyst removed from his ovary when he was a teenager. That cyst grew up to be......PHIL CAWLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMFG, like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alex Higgins

Tony Fenton is a tosser. MOst djs are but he is the worst of them all.

Mate of mine saw Fenton in a club one time, went over and ripped the piss out of him....."Yeah Well.....Tony... how are YOU doin yeah YEAH"...haha tony wasn't impressed!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement