Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven hood extractor extension...

• 19-05-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I've one of those stainless steel extractor hoods with a chimney coming out the top of it.

New kitchen just gone in, new roof is higher and sloped. Anyone know where I can get a hood extension from or if they exist?

Hood was a generic one, made in China so going direct to manufacturer isn't an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Im Sure you can get a piece of SS tubing from a Heat merchants. If you cannot get the same size get a little bigger and place the new one ontop of the old one so that the old tube is inside of the new piece.

Regards

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭chabsey

garyh3 wrote: »
    Im Sure you can get a piece of SS tubing from a Heat merchants. If you cannot get the same size get a little bigger and place the new one ontop of the old one so that the old tube is inside of the new piece.

Regards

Garyh3

Sorry, should have mentioned, it's a square shaped chimney which wouldn't look right with a tube attachment. The following image is not unlike the one we have.

291-4773175IEUC604481M.jpg

hmmm well (try heat merchnats 1st) and maybe Home Base

An alternative is to remove the chimney and put in a carbon filter on top. Thats what I have on my Hud with no chimney.

bets wishes

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭chabsey

garyh3 wrote: »
    hmmm well (try heat merchnats 1st) and maybe Home Base

An alternative is to remove the chimney and put in a carbon filter on top. Thats what I have on my Hud with no chimney.

bets wishes

Garyh3

Have tried Homebase, only option would be to buy another one and scrap the unit itself, which makes mother earth cry so I won't be doing that.

Will try Heat Merchants though, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

that looks like the belling chim 60 or the powerpoint (generic )

the upright part is normally in two sections ,one slides into the other and can be extended to suit diff heights -try that first if not ring dimpco (belling) or shomar (powerpoint ) or here

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-43-=4334

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

My advice would be to measure the total chimney height you require, then bring the old chimney to a stainless steel supplier and get them to make a 1 piece chimney to the height you want in the shape of the old one.

They will cut and bend it (at a cost)

If you are trying to extend the old chimney it will look cheap.

Advertisement