Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any good deals on relatively cheap HDTVs?

• 19-05-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Looking to buy a HDTV for use with my PS3, willing to spend up to about 350 euro.

My flatmates and I chipped in 70euro each to buy a 350euro HDTV from Tesco for our flat in Dublin for college (I can't remember the name for the life of me, sorry) about two years ago, but I'm home for the summer, and jesus the drop in quality when playing the PS3 through a normal old widescreen tv is horrendous. Maybe it's just that my old tv is seriously old, but damn, I wouldn't even bother playing it to be honest, the picture is that bad.

I was hoping to maybe get like a 22" ish size one for my room, or if the deal was good enough, maybe pay up towards the 300 euro mark if I could get one that was around 30" plus.

Any great offers I should know about? I'm really out of the loop with this stuff! Thanks a million for any help :)

Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I know it's not a massive help but I'd say to ask over on the Richersounds board here. Richersounds tend to help out people on a budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Thanks mate, altruism is altruism so i'll be sure to check that place out, thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

I didn't really get much good info over there, so I'm gonna bump this in the hope that someone knows of any good offers etc

I looked in tesco today, but it's about 350e for a 32", 200-250 for a 22"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I didn't really get much good info over there

Did you put your own thread in the Richersound forum with your budget, needs, etc, or just browse existing threads? Sometimes a 'bump' is required on your own thread, but its usually worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Take a look on adverts.ie, there are usually some good bargains there for TV's :)

This offer will be in Aldi soon:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13071.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Advertisement