Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: you must register to use webtexts

Options
  • 19-05-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that you cannot send web texts any longer unless you register your details online. What a pity as they had a good service.

Ah well, off to 3 I go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Haddockman wrote: »
    I notice that you cannot send web texts any longer unless you register your details online. What a pity as they had a good service.

Ah well, off to 3 I go.
    Bit silly to change over something like that , unless you have something to hide :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only my privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Only my privacy.
    You trust the network enough to transmit all your calls and texts but not enough to give them your name and address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Full marks for thinking outside the box, by the way, Mr. Haddockman. I assume that's your real name since it's on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

You trust the network enough to transmit all your calls and texts but not enough to give them your name and address?

:eek: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/nov/17/t-mobile-phone-data-privacy

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

To be able to send webtexts on o2, you have to login with your phone no, and a password.

I had to setup an account to be able to set the password, and I can buy credit etc on the website.

I do not see how this could be a problem.

how I might ask would you be able to sent a webtext if you did not login to an account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

The cheek of them; wanting to know who's using their network!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

Just fill it in with fake details. They never check. Just remember what name and address you used in case you ever need to call them.

Good old Albert Fake. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Japers, tin foil hat territory alright. Hiding something op?

If you don't have the money to afford a bill pay phone, it's likely no-one's gonna be interested in your personal details.

Just fill it in with fake details. They never check. Just remember what name and address you used in case you ever need to call them.

Good old Albert Fake. ;)
    Might just do that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

sugarman wrote: »
    +1, if you have'nt registered your details either does'nt that mean you never got the credit initally when you first got your phone & registered?

you can get a prepaid account and not register. top up as much as you like. if you dont register you wont be eligible for phased credits or any other credit offers available when you join up.
    everyone gets the free texts once they can access MyMeteor.

Ah well, off to 3 I go.

Can anyone else confirm this ?
    I had a quick look at an unregistered account and looks like you are still able to send the free texts.

There you go. It will allow you to long in and get to the screen where you send a text before you are stopped.
    2qc1269.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

cool. I stand corrected.
    still surprised though.

Will let you know if i find anything more.

Advertisement