Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Volunteering Abroad Website

Options
  • 19-05-2010 4:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

I'm almost finished making a new website all about volunteering abroad. I know there's a myriad of them. But people keep asking me the same questions; how did I get into it, what options are there for them, why do they have to pay so much? So I decided to make a one page website with all that info so I could just direct people there in future.

Well, I like writing and it grew and now it's a lot bigger than a one page website.
    What would be great is if I could get stories from other people about their volunteering abroad experience with a few photos - to give others an idea of how to get started. I started in a student society which won't be much good for all the adults who are beyond that. Or if anyone has anything else to contribute they're welcome.

I've no intention of ever making money on this. In fact, I'm trying to make it the opposite of those websites with a volunteering search engine, and then you have to pay thousands just to get in touch with the charity. So, definitely no financial reward. If anyone's interested drop me a PM.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Hi Dory - did you manage to get your website up online? thanks;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I had it pretty much up and then I got hacked!
    So I'm rebuilding (or re-writing).

May I ask, is there anything in particular you're looking for? Might help me to put up info that's relevant. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jconway

Did you manage to get your website up & running? Would be great to have an update website with volunteering opportunities. I find so many of them dont update there information!

Advertisement