Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji Team

• 19-05-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Im fairly new to cycling and am looking at buying this bike on the Bike to Work Scheme. Does anybody have experience of this bike or any other Fuji bikes. It's on sale for ~€1300 with the exact spec as per link.

Intend to use it for training to supplement my road running. Perhaps, I may look at racing sometime in the future. And of course use it to get in and out of work :)

It is being advertised as full carbon, however, the head tube is alloy. Would this be an issue? Somebody also told me that it is kinda heavy (8.49Kg), seems pretty light to me?

Any advice would be great.......

http://www.fujibikes.com/Road/Carbon-Race/Team-(1).aspx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

about the same weight as my focus cayo

only diff is mine has shimano rs-10 wheels paid about 1200 euro for that last august

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Have a Fuji Nevada MTB from 2005.

No problems with it, really like it for the few times I've been out on the trails and served me well on the Connemara Adventure Challenge at the start of the month.

Like the fact that they are uncommon & unusual, if there was a road bike available near me I would probably have gone with it for my Bike 2 Work purchase, but instead I've gone with a Corratec.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bigron78

Im goinna go ahead and buy this bike. However, not sure on the sizing. Guy in one shop puts me on a 52, while another puts me on 54. Im 173cm tall with an inseam of 77.5cm. does anybody have any input into which I should go for? Both sizes seem ok to me, but Im pretty new to biking. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bigron78 wrote: »
    Im goinna go ahead and buy this bike. However, not sure on the sizing. Guy in one shop puts me on a 52, while another puts me on 54. Im 173cm tall with an inseam of 77.5cm. does anybody have any input into which I should go for? Both sizes seem ok to me, but Im pretty new to biking. Thanks

It's difficult to see how anyone on the internet could do better than two experienced people seeing you on a bike.

In general terms, assuming the reach is corrected by an appropriate stem choice, a smaller frame will have a slightly shorter wheelbase, lower handlebars, and more forward weight distribution, making it feel more responsive but possibly less comfortable. Although the smaller frame will also provide for a more rearward seat position which can help take some load off the arms but may rob some power production. There is no right answer.

Advertisement