Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer repeat dates?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a good idea what dates the summer repeats will be held. The exam office guessed around the first week in September but said they could be any time in August or September really. Can anyone tell me based on past years when do repeats usually start and end.

I know it probably depends entirely on the course but if someone misses the repeats is it possible to carry the failed exam/s forward into the next year of the course and sit the exam/s the following summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solovei72

Hi have look maybe that will help you to make some decision about the exam dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks, solovei.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ashiii

Nope you cant definitely bring failed exam forward wid you, if u fail repeat exam u would have to repeat the whole year :( sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Not true, in some courses you can carry a failed subject with you provided its not a core module or a module that covers 2 semesters. I know someone who was carrying 3 subjects this year so its definitely possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I know in my course people can carry exams. People who failed exams in second year at christmass were still allowed to attempt them right up to September in 4th year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement