Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben Foster gone to Birmingham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Strange move. Do they plan on not getting Hart back so? Foster doesn't offer the stability that Hart did with their defence last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Birmingham had little chance of getting Hart back, Mancini was already annoyed with them for not returning Hart after Given's injury. Plus Hart wants to play for a side challenging for Europe.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Huge test for Foster, less pressure than united and he has a solid defence in front of him, but he needs to step up and grab the chance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Think he will do very well there. He's a talented keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Sorry to see him go. I was hoping that he could do it at United. He done really well when he was on loan at Watford and was in goals week in, week out. I think some players really need that and that managers show confidence in them. OK, for some players, no matter how much you stand by them, it won't happen.

Anyway, good luck to Foster and hope he does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Yippee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry to see him go. I was hoping that he could do it at United. He done really well when he was on loan at Watford and was in goals week in, week out. I think some players really need that and that managers show confidence in them. OK, for some players, no matter how much you stand by them, it won't happen.

Anyway, good luck to Foster and hope he does well.

In all fairness he could hardly not do good with us :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is VDS staying on indefinitely at United or have they someone else lined up as understudy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

VDS signed a contract extension at the beginning of the year, until the end of 2010/2011. Ben Amos was set to go out on loan, but he's now #3.

I'm disappointed it didn't work out, because there is no doubt that Foster is talented. But he strikes me as a confidence player, his form was inconsistent when his selection in the team was. As mentioned above, he did very well at Watford when he was there for a full season.

I wish him well, and as a 'keeper at 27 he still has his best years ahead of him. Good signing for Brum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Decent keeper but he made some huge cock ups in important matches, and at a club like United thats your ticket out the door. Just ask Massimo Taibi/Roy Carroll :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Just ask Massimo Taibi/Roy Carroll :pac:
    no offence... but... eh... they were always a little sh*t.... right?

101001 wrote: »
    no offence... but... eh... they were always a little sh*t.... right?

If you mean not good enough for United, then yeah I'd go along with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The reported 6 million is decent money for United to get and Birmingham is an excellent place for Foster to get the regular football he needs. He'll become a solid keeper with time and patience IMO. Good move all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully Carrick will follow him out just as quick now

Hopefully Carrick will follow him out just as quick now

I dunno I think Carrick is gonna have a big season next year, I mean he cant be as bad again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dunno I think Carrick is gonna have a big season next year, I mean he cant be as bad again!!

oh he'll find away, no doubt about that

i picture a **** load of own goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think that is a great move for Foster and a fine bit of business for Brum.

Advertisement