Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Results

Options
  • 19-05-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Does anyone know when this years LC results are coming out?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm 95% sure they are on August 18th (Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im 99% sure.

Unexpectedly, the thread title scared the sh*t out of me...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Conor108 wrote: »
    Unexpectedly, the thread title scared the sh*t out of me...

Imagine how nervous we will be opening the envelope. I was scared shitless opening my JC envelope!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I won't be able to wait to open the envelope...I'll be checking my results online!!!gonna be on nervous log in:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

First round offers are on the 23rd of August, so the results will be out on the 18th of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Don't they usually wait until 12pm before putting them online??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

lc2010 wrote: »
    Don't they usually wait until 12pm before putting them online??

Yes. They go online at 12.

Are they available in the schools before 12, or at 12 also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

I don't think it'll sink in at all with me that it's the Leaving Cert until the day of the results =P Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

usually there available around half eight or nine that morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Schools get them first thing in the morning, and students can go in and pick them up after eight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Depends on your school. Last year, mine had them available from 7.45 onwards, but I think others opened at 8 or so. Won't be too late in the day, anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'll probably go to get it at 8am or whenever but it'll probably take me until 12 to work up the balls to open the envelope. Might as well lie in and get it online:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

gant0 wrote: »
    I won't be able to wait to open the envelope...I'll be checking my results online!!!gonna be on nervous log in:o

Same here. How awful would it be if your computer crashed just before the results opened?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

kev9100 wrote: »
    Same here. How awful would it be if your computer crashed just before the results opened?:eek:

You can get the envelope with your statement of results at least 3 hours earlier than online.

Opening an envelope is way more fun anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't think I can face my vice principal on he day if she's already seen my results! I'll probably end up going in to the school and not opening it until I get home. The 5 days until the CAO offers come out are going to be torture : (

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I don't think I can face my vice principal on he day if she's already seen my results! I'll probably end up going in to the school and not opening it until I get home. The 5 days until the CAO offers come out are going to be torture : (

I may be wrong, but I don't think they can't see your results. Or is that just teachers? Our Economics teacher said that she won't have a clue how we do unless we want to review our script with her.....

I may be wrong, but I don't think they can't see your results. Or is that just teachers? Our Economics teacher said that she won't have a clue how we do unless we want to review our script with her.....

No, as far as I know the school knows the results of all their students. I'm open to correction on that, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I know my vice principal + some of my teachers saw my Juniour Cert results, I just assumed they could see these ones aswel. I'd prefer if they couldn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

wait so you can't get them online before school??damn....god I can't even begin to imagine how nervous I'll be...and the worst part will be having to add up all your marks..I know well I'll add up something wrong:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Number one top tip: bring a calculator and a sheet of the grades/points. No matter how well you know how many points a C1 or a B2 or whatever is worth now, you WILL forget.:pac:

And be careful - I know several people who added their results wrong the first time, myself included!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

all m teachers get a sheet of the pupils in their class and how they did. Im terrified, the thoughts of opening the envelope is killing me more than the avtual exams. Im actually gonna go study now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Yes they can, we didn't even get to open our own results; our principal, vice- principal, two other teachers and some office staff had them open and went through already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Potentially, a number of people in the school could see your results before you do.

In reality though, those few that 'see' them are checking for subject errors, such as grades for a subject no-one in the school did, or missing result sheets.

Staff from the school (year heads or assistant principals) put them in the envelopes before you get them. They do not come from the SEC in individual envelopes. There is also the overall statistical breakdown sheet which has no names on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lawliet wrote: »
    Yes they can, we didn't even get to open our own results; our principal, vice- principal, two other teachers and some office staff had them open and went through already.

Hmmm, maybe because I'm a 'external student'? Grinds school thingie. I dunno. Sure how bad, I don't care who sees my results, what they are or what have you, once I get my course then I'll be happy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Whenever I think about opening that envelope it makes me want to study... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Last year was hell opening the envelope! This year, however, I will not be bringing my mother who is prone to freak outs and cried before I even got my results..and then cried buckets when I did miserably!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Thank god I won't be in Ireland when the results are back, and I won't be coming back for at least a year!

See, when the day after the LC is finished, I'm taking a one way trip to France! :D (Ticket was only 50 euro :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I couldnt wait until 12, I'll be the first person at my school banging on the doors for the bloody thing.

Its not even funny how nervous I will feel on that day.. I panic more thinking about getting that stupid brown envelope than doing the exams!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

you're all making me feel so nervous :P
    it doesnt even feel like im gunna sit the leaving cert in a few weeks :L

Advertisement