Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HL: What essays should I prepare?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 4:34pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My Irish teacher is very nice but is a terrible teacher. He hasn't done any essays with us, thinking that poetry is much more important (don't get me wrong... it's important, but in terms of marks, not as much so as essays). He did give us out a Sample Scéal that will fit in with nearly every title (:rolleyes:) but it's JC standard and would probably get a D.

I have Dréimire (it's great) but I don't want to learn an essay on every topic, as there are only 3 weeks left. What topics do you think I should learn for the LC 2010 HL? The only major ones I can think of are

• Recession / Unemployment / Banking
    • World Cup 2010
    • Young People (although I'm not sure why people are saying this is likely, just because it came up on the pre).
    What other ones should I learn off essays for? Also, I realise that learning off essays isn't the best course of action but I'll learn off phrases as well, just in case something I haven't prepared comes up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

We've covered..

Youth - How difficult it is being a teenager etc..
    Fadhbannda sa tir / daoine oga / Drugai / Ol ( they are all basically the same )
    Importance of Sport + Health

Recession came up last year so hopefully it wont pop up again..
    my teacher thinks something like "staid na tire" .. a general essay title =)

Advertisement