Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kebabs - Douglas

Options
  • 19-05-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Where is the nearest place to Douglas that I can get a decent (non-abrakebabra) donor kebab? I know there are a few places in the city, but is there anything around the Douglas area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

who needs kebabs when you have KC's? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

Na, Kc's is gone way down hill the last 2-3 years. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Unfortunatly this man speaks the truth. They have gone WAYYYYYYY downhill. Creole has genuinly halved in size. It used to be a meal in itself but not anymore.
    Refused to go back there after the last time. Had 3 tiny strips of chicken in the creole and it costs the bones of €5, Take myself to Lennox's now. Its far away but the quality of the food and the pleasant service they give you there is amazing. The old fella in KC's seems like a right prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Bit outside Douglas, but MD's in Carrigaline have great Kebabs and very filling, in fact nearly a meal itself!!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Unfortunatly this man speaks the truth. They have gone WAYYYYYYY downhill. Creole has genuinly halved in size. It used to be a meal in itself but not anymore.
    Refused to go back there after the last time. Had 3 tiny strips of chicken in the creole and it costs the bones of €5, Take myself to Lennox's now. Its far away but the quality of the food and the pleasant service they give you there is amazing. The old fella in KC's seems like a right prick!

I'm a huge fan of Lennox's Bandon Road, no kebabs there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The way to get around that is to ask for no lettuce

But I agree, it has gone down in quality over the last few years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

I hate to say it but you're dead right, Hogzy. I usually get a Pittafullpoultry but it has shrunk in the same way as the creole! :(

I went up to Jackie's last week as well. The queue was out to the door and I was still served in 12 minutes. The pies there are magic! Yum, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

You mean KCs was better in the past? I only started eating there a few months ago (ya I know what was I thinking waiting so long) but I think it's a fine meal regardless. I can't imagine how good it was before in that case :o

'tis a bit weird in there too, sort of gimp in the back room sort of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

It went down hill when the Old funny fella with the goggles/glasses left. Soon after they changed their cheese supplier and that got the ball rolling. The old cheese was unreal, had a tang to it. Now tho, it's just like any other basic cheese :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

They are very quick though, especially compared to Tasty Snacks, which has also gone down the gutter

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

There's a little stand thing outside Douglas court and they have a sign up advertising some sort of kebabs. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

You mean KCs was better in the past? I only started eating there a few months ago (ya I know what was I thinking waiting so long) but I think it's a fine meal regardless. I can't imagine how good it was before in that case :o

Oh ya, when the two older guys were at the counter about 2 or 3 years ago might be even more. I would never go in now its horrible. Seems they are getting any ould volunteer from the church of jova to work in there now.:(

RoverJames wrote: »
    'tis a bit weird in there too, sort of gimp in the back room sort of a place.
    Seems they are getting any ould volunteer from the church of jova to work in there now.:(

I have only been in there once but I found it a weird spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Bill-e wrote: »
    It went down hill when the Old funny fella with the goggles/glasses left. Soon after they changed their cheese supplier and that got the ball rolling. The old cheese was unreal, had a tang to it. Now tho, it's just like any other basic cheese :(

I know what you mean - that Cheese was savage.

Advertisement