Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Cameras at Manor Roundabout.

Options
  • 19-05-2010 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

anyone else see these? I wasnt sure what they were when i was going into letterkenny today, seen on the way home that they are CCTV cameras, well thats what they look like anyway.

They dont seem permanent the are basiclly a pole with a box at the bottom and a camera stuck to the top of them, they then chain them to the lampposts, seems to be 1 on each Island at the end of each road and one just before the end of the duel carrigeway, looking back up towards the duel carrigeway.

You have been warned big brother is watching, lol. Seriously though what is the purpose of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Someone said they were trying to catch homer simpson speeding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    Someone said they were trying to catch homer simpson speeding :D

lol, its ok "marge" was driving today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thank God to hear that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Probably traffic pattern surveys. There are pressure cables on the road to Lifford. These are used for traffic counts. The CCTV camera must be able to resolve which junction a car enters and exits at the roundabout. I presume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah theres been cables across the main road through Glencar for the past while, theres a box at the side with MetroCount written on it. Probably connected..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

Muckish sounds like a man in the know :D

muckish wrote: »
    Probably traffic pattern surveys. There are pressure cables on the road to Lifford. These are used for traffic counts. The CCTV camera must be able to resolve which junction a car enters and exits at the roundabout. I presume!

I was told this evening that they are the same cameras they had temp installed in and around letterkenny around the time of the rally last year at the dry arch roundabout to moniter the boy racers... in saying that the person who told me this hadn't a clue why or what they were being used for there at manor!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

i think they are 4 takin snaps of hotbirds going to and from work you should make marge cover up them big hooter holmer ha!!

i think they are 4 takin snaps of hotbirds going to and from work you should make marge cover up them big hooter holmer ha!!

Har de har har, good job im not easiely insulted isn't it, as your above post could very easilly be classed as offensive, esepcailly since i dont know ya!!!!! and she doesnt work on letterkenny although i really do think your suggestion is 100% accurate, i must call joe duffy on monday to complain about the guards setting up CCTV cameras for the purpose of looking to take photos of hot birds going to and from work.

Anyways i guess we will never know what they are really there for cos they were taken down almost as fast as they put them up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

There was a van working at the roundabout early one morning last week, can't remember the exact name of the company but it was some traffic survey business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement