Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG FOUR Live in the cinema!!

Options
  • 19-05-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just found out that they will be showing the BIG FOUR live in concert (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax) on Tuesday June 22nd in cinemas worldwide! Fingers crossed that a cinema in Dublin will be showing this...!!

www.thebigfourlive.com - Obviously the site isn't ready yet, but I promise you to keep an eye because this will be going ahead, it just remains to be seen whether or not it will happen in Ireland... Tickets will be on sale at the end of this month.

Mods, I apologise that this is too early and you will probably delete this, due to the fact that they are trying to keep it quiet and I have no solid proof but I just had to let you guys know this is happening!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just found out that they will be showing the BIG FOUR live in concert (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax) on Tuesday June 22nd in cinemas worldwide! Fingers crossed that a cinema in Dublin will be showing this...!!

www.thebigfourlive.com - Obviously the site isn't ready yet, but I promise you to keep an eye because this will be going ahead, it just remains to be seen whether or not it will happen in Ireland... Tickets will be on sale at the end of this month.

Mods, I apologise that this is too early and you will probably delete this, due to the fact that they are trying to keep it quiet and I have no solid proof but I just had to let you guys know this is happening!!

Awesome, but 6 hrs in a cinema may be a bit much.

I reckon it'll be movies at Swords or Dundrum if it comes here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    Awesome, but 6 hrs in a cinema may be a bit much.

A rake of cans and a bargain bucket from KFC will do the job. Then we'll get a pit formed at the front of the auditorium and we'll be laughing!:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    A rake of cans and a bargain bucket from KFC will do the job. Then we'll get a pit formed at the front of the auditorium and we'll be laughing!:D

ya know something, if they'd let us bring in a slab of beer it would be awesome but somehow i doubt it.

ya know something, if they'd let us bring in a slab of beer it would be awesome but somehow i doubt it.

No doubt it'll be over-priced coke and popcorn all the way!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd love to see it happen but considering you've broken this news before any of the bands could you have just registered the website address as a hoax....or indeed couldn't someone else? Would there even be a big enough audience for a Thrash event like this in a random cinema, and where of the seven venues will they broadcast it from?

A lot of questions, but if it does happen, I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

smuggle the beer in, buy a big slurp extra ice! easy

i love beer outta them paper cups, beats the plastic ones hands down. would only do a 4-pack inside 2hrs, not a big drinker. beneficial in many ways

I'd love to see it happen but considering you've broken this news before any of the bands could you have just registered the website address as a hoax....or indeed couldn't someone else? Would there even be a big enough audience for a Thrash event like this in a random cinema, and where of the seven venues will they broadcast it from?

A lot of questions, but if it does happen, I'm in!

In late '96 or early '97 they were supposed to be showing what later became the "Cunning Stunts" DVD by Metallica in the flicks here. For some reason it never happened. I'd love to see a 'live' show by Metallica/Megadeth/Maiden in the cinema,huge screen,savage sound,it'd be deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

For some reason i just cant see myself sitting down eating popcorn listing to Killing fields, war ensemble, battery etc. so if it does happen i doubt id be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"Live", "in the cinema". <BOOM> Head explodes.

I'd rather watch select bits of this in the comfort of me own home. Without the overpricednessitydom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

I think 2002 was my last visit to the cinema where I saw a documentary about Shane McGowan. Brought a bag of cans in without any problem but that was Stillorgan and I'm not even sure if its even still there. Actually Knowing M€tallica I'm suprised they aren't going PPV. When you think about it though, most peoples idea of going to a football (soccer not GAA) match in this country involves going to the pub to watch it on a big screen so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That's ****in' stupid. Why not go the whole hog and bring the four of 'em over and organise a proper live event!!??

dasdog wrote: »
    Brought a bag of cans in without any problem but that was Stillorgan and I'm not even sure if its even still there.

That's so funny, I used to work in that cinema, although about a year after that we had a massive shake up and they turned the standard around. I will agree though, for years it was always the place to go and do whatever you wanted, but if it's still there (and I think it is) then you'll find it changed somewhat....
    In late '96 or early '97 they were supposed to be showing what later became the "Cunning Stunts" DVD by Metallica in the flicks here. For some reason it never happened. I'd love to see a 'live' show by Metallica/Megadeth/Maiden in the cinema,huge screen,savage sound,it'd be deadly!

I agree, I'd love to see that, and the idea of seeing Metallica...properly...on the big screen is really exciting especially with Slayer and Megadeth too...not so much Anthrax, never been a massive fan (I could never agree on a band that couldn't agree themselves on their own singer) but still, would love if it happened!
    That's ****in' stupid. Why not go the whole hog and bring the four of 'em over and organise a proper live event!!??

Sonisphere has probably signed an exclusivity deal with them to promote this as their event. A DVD will most likely be released focusing on this this, but they probably couldn't hold the Big Four in Sonisphere Knebworth or anywhere else in the UK or Ireland, because they could plan to do a late 2010 or early 2011 tour here....now THAT would be savage. Imagine the 02 with the Big Four

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140373

Update on what I just mentioned, from Kerry King
    "That tour it should be everywhere: here, Australia, Japan. Any place that wants it should have it and it should happen."......."as much as we have going, we don't have a free moment in our schedule, so this is just me thinking out loud, but I'd say it would be great in summer 2011. If there are any talks, they are preliminary. And that's a time frame that would work for us."

kerrykingsolo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The Event: The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica which shall feature audio‐visual footage of Performance transmitted live in high‐definition from the concert event known as “Sonisphere” in Sofia, Bulgaria on Tuesday, June 22, 2010. The running time is anticipated to be up to 3 hours, 45 minutes of concert performance by the artists Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica; together with such introduction, pre‐show material, and production credits will comprise the highdefinition theatrical presentation delivered to digital locations via satellite. The Event will be presented without screen subtitles.

You won't get Anthrax,Megadeth,Slayer and Metallica within 3 and 3 quarter hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The Event: The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica which shall feature audio‐visual footage of Performance transmitted live in high‐definition from the concert event known as “Sonisphere” in Sofia, Bulgaria on Tuesday, June 22, 2010. The running time is anticipated to be up to 3 hours, 45 minutes of concert performance by the artists Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica; together with such introduction, pre‐show material, and production credits will comprise the highdefinition theatrical presentation delivered to digital locations via satellite. The Event will be presented without screen subtitles.

Source?

They should have it in somewhere like the Academy instead of a cinema, although probably wouldn't get enough people to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Beekay wrote: »
    Source?

They should have it in somewhere like the Academy instead of a cinema, although probably wouldn't get enough people to go.

I cant actually give my source, tbh but check metallica.com tonight, it will be announced this evening!

I agree with you, I'd much prefer to watch this somewhere like the academy, where they actually have a licence to serve beer!!

I cant actually give my source, tbh but check metallica.com tonight, it will be announced this evening!

I'm interested in seeing if this will happen, although I suspect the length of the show is because they're going to heavily edit it

Fair play to Cianan2,he was spot on with the info. Site is up now,though no cinema listed for here just yet.

http://www.thebigfourlive.com/

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=603195

Well, I look forward to seeing what cinemas are announced in my area before May 28th, if any, would be nice to see some Metal in the cinema!

I also hope they release a DVD of this, but I take it that's a given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Fair play to Cianan2,he was spot on with the info. Site is up now,though no cinema listed for here just yet.

Well according to a tread on metal ireland, the cinemas that are showing it in here are:

Limerick Omniplex
    Derry Omniplex
    Newry Omniplex
    Swan Cinemas.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42528&start=0&sid=45e35e78052b96a9e17960c2aae57d05

If this is ture, the closest one to me is Limerick. I feel a road trip coming on:D

If this is ture, the closest one to me is Limerick. I feel a road trip coming on:D

http://www.swancinemas.ie/

Already have an ad for it on their main page....hope my local cinema is going to do this!
    Dates for UK cinemas are yet to be confirmed but we do know that Odeon, Vue and Cineworld cinemas are expected to be involved. Get details at thebigfourlive.com.
    Quote from MetalHammer.com

That's me sorted anyway so

Awesome, mate is manager of a Cineworld over in Wales, just been on the phone, he doesn't know yet but will find out by monday, also promised me as many promo posters and stuff he can get :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Friday, May 21, 2010
    The Big Four broadcast via broadcast via satellite to select movie theatres Tuesday, June 22
    HEAVY METAL’S ‘BIG FOUR’ METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX COMMEMORATE THEIR HISTORIC CONCERTS TOGETHER WITH A ONE NIGHT ONLY GLOBAL MOVIE THEATER EVENT ON JUNE 22nd

SONISPHERE FESTIVAL CONCERT TO BE BEAMED VIA SATELLITE FROM SOFIA, BULGARIA TO MOVIE THEATERS AROUND THE WORLD

445 U.S. THEATERS IN OVER 140 U.S. MARKETS TO EXHIBIT CONCERT EVENT TO FANS TICKETS TO GO ON SALE STARTING TODAY, FRIDAY, MAY 21ST

VISIT SLAYER.NET NOW FOR FULL DETAILS!

taken from slayer myspace from their blog

Vue would be handy for me,Liffey Valley is only up the road. Nearest Swan cinema to me is Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

yes! it's on in Limerick :D

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/promo/668

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Am I Evil? wrote: »

Limerick, Derry, Newry.. Swan Cinemas theres one in Rathmines :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 firewithfire

this will be awsome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm go to the cinema or go see pearl jam....tough choice...i think i'l stick with pearl jam though!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

God that sounds sh*t, why would you want to sit in a cinema to watch that. For a starters there would be no beer, and the worst thing would not being able to check out the sexy leather clad rock chicks because the cinema would be dark.

A really stoopid idea imo..

Advertisement