Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG FOUR Live in the cinema!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Think I'll just wait until they release the DVD of the gig myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

weiland79 wrote: »
    God that sounds sh*t, why would you want to sit in a cinema to watch that. For a starters there would be no beer, and the worst thing would not being able to check out the sexy leather clad rock chicks because the cinema would be dark.

A really stoopid idea imo..

Watching the Big Four on a huge screen for 3-4 hours with your mates is **** because you can't get hammered or look at women rather than the concert itself? Makes sense. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Watching the Big Four on a huge screen for 3-4 hours with your mates is **** because you can't get hammered or look at women rather than the concert itself? Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Hmmm not sure where i said i wanted to get hammered. Anyway yes this still sounds rubbish, i would much prefer to watch it at home than in the cinema. But hope it happens and i hope you have fun.

Hmmm not sure where i said i wanted to get hammered. Anyway yes this still sounds rubbish, i would much prefer to watch it at home than in the cinema. But hope it happens and i hope you have fun.

I just took it that you would want to get hammered since nobody would say they wouldn't go to a movie because they couldn't get their favourite drink like Fanta or something to go along with it. Each to their own I suppose! I can't wait to see this. It'll be like seeing Cloverfield in the cinema. You just can't beat it in the cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm go to the cinema or go see pearl jam....tough choice...i think i'l stick with pearl jam though!:D

Yeah, I'd like to see this one, but Pearl Jam is clashing, so that's that...

I think this would be a cool experience, as long as the sound and the feed quality are good I'm sure everyone going will enjoy it......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

I work in one of the big cinemas in dublin city centre well gonna pester the ole managers about this :P

I work in one of the big cinemas in dublin city centre well gonna pester the ole managers about this :P

You'd better. I haven't a ****ing clue where Rathmines is, nevermind how to get out there in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

God that sounds sh*t, why would you want to sit in a cinema to watch that. For a starters there would be no beer, and the worst thing would not being able to check out the sexy leather clad rock chicks because the cinema would be dark.

A really stoopid idea imo..

eh, cineworld, theres a bar! :D hopefully twill be on somewhere in the city centre, omni, or uci!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

It's €25 :eek:

As much as I want to see this.. thats crazy. Not even in Screen 1.

I think it'd be well worth the price, considering most prices these days are €10 for a film that's less than an hour and a half long. Isn't this bordering on 4 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

True enough yeah. I was just expecting it to cost about €15.
    Took me by surprise seeing that price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You'd better. I haven't a ****ing clue where Rathmines is, nevermind how to get out there in the first place!

250px-Rathmines_Library.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rathmines

Rathmines (Ráth Maonais in Irish) is a suburb on the southside of Dublin, about 3 kilometres south of the city centre. It effectively begins at the south side of the Grand Canal and stretches along the Rathmines Road as far as Rathgar to the south, Ranelagh to the east and Harold's Cross to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Looks like it's on in the Savoy in Dublin too.:)

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/promo/668

lord lucan wrote: »
    Looks like it's on in the Savoy in Dublin too.:)

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/promo/668

Thank god for that!

I like how they put down Megadeth as 'Megadeath' on the page. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Work in Storm Cinema in Waterford. Very much doubt we will get this. Metallica maybe megadeth would be only bands that would do anything for me. Not into slayer or Antrax.

Checked, Its on in cineworld :) and we have a bar so woo !

http://www.cineworld.ie/films/3545

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Savoy vs. CineWorld... Mmm, BAR WINS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

This is on in the Eye cinema Galway as well. 20 quid. I just cant see how I could enjoy it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Would have to be the same night as Pearl Jam.

Fcuk it to fcuk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

any word when these tickets go on sale or can ya go into cineworld now and book'em?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TonyInch

I'm going to Sonisphere in Poland on the Wednesday can't wait!(ash cloud and Warsaw floods permitting)

any word when these tickets go on sale or can ya go into cineworld now and book'em?

Ya can book em in cineworld !
    Its 15 for an adult , and 12.50 for a student!

and you can book them as of a few days ago only about 7 seats have been sold so far

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

I can't wait for this, it will be a great way to get out of my boring routine. Omniplex in limerick is showing should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I can't wait for this, it will be a great way to get out of my boring routine. Omniplex in limerick is showing should be a good night.

I look forward to it as well, will be interesting to see how it's done and what kind of material - asides from the performances of the tracks - will be shown

Trying to book the tickets for Cineworld but it says that I have to bring the card with me on the day. That wouldn't be a problem except it's my mam's debit card. :/ Anyone know if this would be an issue?

Anyone know the order of the line-up?

Might go to the first two hours before Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's also been shown at Vue, Liffey Valley, Dublin 22

It kicks off at 18:30, and goes on for 255 minutes (4 hours, 15 minutes)
    For one night only: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax perform on one stage together – broadcast live via satellite.

The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica will feature nearly 4 hours of live performances and behind-the-scenes from the Sonisphere Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria.
    And I'd say it'd be in that order: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and then Metallica

Tickets cost €16.50

And only 40 seats :eek: with 7 taken up so far. Having worked there for 2 years, I never knew there was such a small screen there. I'm guessing maybe all the rest of the seats are somehow sold... but I don't know.

=-=

I may watch it in Nantes, over in France, but I don't know (will be still there, after Hellfest).

I'll be going to the Savoy (closest to the O2) wonder what Screen it's on.

One or Two would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Odds of my local showing this are slim to none I'd say. Pity as they always show operas and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Odds of my local showing this are slim to none I'd say. Pity as they always show operas and stuff.
    Which is where?

Advertisement