Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG FOUR Live in the cinema!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

the_syco wrote: »
    Which is where?

SGC Dungarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

Trying to book the tickets for Cineworld but it says that I have to bring the card with me on the day. That wouldn't be a problem except it's my mam's debit card. :/ Anyone know if this would be an issue?

Nah not an issue i work on the box office and if you bring the print out of the confirmation email with your reference number on it will be grand and just go up to the box office to collect your ticket. Only prob would be if you wanna refund them. Bring some ID just in case ya got someone awkward

rumour has it there letting people bring drink into the screens anyway from the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'll be going to the Savoy (closest to the O2) wonder what Screen it's on.

One or Two would be amazing.

It's screen 1! with the red curtains!

https://booking.omniplex.ie/new/book_3.asp?site=dublin-savoy&siteid=2&indate=20100622&relnum=3263&performid=107733

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

--LOS-- wrote: »

Screen 1 :eek:

That will be like a concert setting so .. I thought they would stick it up in Screen 5 or 6.

The only Screen in Ireland that has toilets in the auditorium.

Wonder if they'll search people for drink, I would imagine tons will try and sneak cans in.

Just wish it wasn't on the same night as Pearl Jam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

--LOS-- wrote: »
    with the red curtains!
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Screen 1 :eek:

That will be like a concert setting so .. I thought they would stick it up in Screen 5 or 6.

The only Screen in Ireland that has toilets in the auditorium.

Wonder if they'll search people for drink, I would imagine tons will try and sneak cans in.

Just wish it wasn't on the same night as Pearl Jam :(

255mins though, best to have the toilets nearby :pac:

They could try all right.

It's €15 in Cineworld and €19 in the Savoy, what!
    Also it's on at 6pm in Cineworld and 6.30pm at the Savoy, live my....

:eek:

........I do like those curtains though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Yay! I though that this was sold out in my local cinema, but €19.50 seems a bit much:eek:. Then again, this could be very good... Now to see if I can round up some friends.

It is a bit steep especially since there's such a difference between the price of cineworld but it's the only time to see the big four so guess they can charge what they want, I'd probably still go.

It's on in Vue also and they sell Alcohol.

If it wasn't for Pearl Jam, I would go there.

Not sure if Cineworld allow Alcohol to be brought from the Bar.

Savoy One is worth the extra few quid if you can't.

It's the biggest Screen in Ireland and that will add atmosphere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's on in Vue also and they sell Alcohol.

If it wasn't for Pearl Jam, I would go there.

Not sure if Cineworld allow Alcohol to be brought from the Bar.

Savoy One is worth the extra few quid if you can't.

It's the biggest Screen in Ireland and that will add atmosphere.

I feel your pain, can't go either :(
    Was looking forward to the savoy due to a gig, never been at that big screeeen
    was looking forward to it :|

• Advertisement

Yes poor him going to Pearl Jam -_-
    Missing out Tar, that screen is the best, looks like this :P
    You were looking forward to it, we heard you the first time :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cinema be more comfortable, feck pearl jam :pac:
    like your house but not green.
    one was for the cinema and the other was the gig girlface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Does anyone know if there will be plans to release a DVD/Bluray of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be plans to release a DVD/Bluray of this?

I think that would be a given assuming we're looking at the fact that money can be made from it and Blu Ray doesn't have anything close to this heavy on it's "roster" as of yet

I have always assumed there will be a DVD release

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Odds of my local showing this are slim to none I'd say. Pity as they always show operas and stuff.
    Being shown in Omniplex, Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

Its cheaper in cineworld anyway because they dont have to enable their screens to show it they show live stuff all the time whereas savoy are only after getting it in.
    We dont usually let people bring drink from the bar in but cos its a gig as far as i know there allowing it.
    According to other staff that have talked to managers its 18s and there letting people drink in screens..
    everyone does it anyway esp us staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Got 3 tickets today for cineworld :D I'm still wondering if it's gonna be good in a cinema or not.. I hope a load of people get drunk and start moshing in front of the screen :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Debating whether to go here. Its 20 euro...which is 4 times regular cinema ticket price here...God dam.....tough decision...

Which Cineworld Screen is it being shown on?

Patricide wrote: »
    Debating whether to go here. Its 20 euro...which is 4 times regular cinema ticket price here...God dam.....tough decision...

Go! It's worth it, when else are you gona see the big4.

Just checked seating arrangement for savoy, loads of seats left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Is it just walk in and choose your own seats...? I didn't get an option to choose your seats online... (Cineworld)

Decided not to actually. As cool as it would be to see the big 4, i don't think it would have the same vibe in a cinema. Plus the fact thats the same price i paid to see Megadeth in real life its for me at least at the moment(im broke, and living in a foreign country with no job...) its kind of unjustifiable.

Decided not to actually. As cool as it would be to see the big 4, i don't think it would have the same vibe in a cinema. Plus the fact thats the same price i paid to see Megadeth in real life its for me at least at the moment(im broke, and living in a foreign country with no job...) its kind of unjustifiable.

It's only €15 in Cineworld.

4 Hours of entertainment for €15 is pretty good.

It's only €15 in Cineworld.

4 Hours of entertainment for €15 is pretty good.
    As im living in Deutschland this is no good to me :(

Fair enough :p

You were going to go in Germany, course it's not going to be the same experience as a concert but it would have been pretty hard for me to make it to one of those shows so I'll settle for cinema.

will people jsut sit there or cheer or song or stand up? I mus be informed after

will people jsut sit there or cheer or song or stand up? I mus be informed after

I dunno, what'll I do? :confused:

Just watch Metallica and try not to sing along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Will be a really weird experience actually. It's being billed as a "concert", but I really don't know what to expect. Sing-a-longs? Moshing? Dead silence from the audience? Will certainly be an experience.

• Advertisement

without me there you'll do nothing :mad: :mad: :pac:

I am really confused about how it's gonna go, has it been done before, in fact housemate came in randomly talking about it, saying she hope it doesnt fail

I'd soo sing along and people would look

Advertisement