Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG FOUR Live in the cinema!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

grand I'll just sit down and await instruction.

If anyone opens their mouths I'm shushing ya hear :mad: :pac:

You know what would have been awesome, if it was a big outdoor screening or something and drink ahhhhhh.

it is a very weird thing, I don't like the word fail there, how could it be fail.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sit a little higher. Good stuff, no fun for anybody there you hear?

out door would have been savage, but so much organisation then, more than nearly none anyway. dunno, delays or it being silent in the cinema type stuff. prob be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

What's the deal gonna be with Cineworld as regards seating? I know when I went onto the booking section of the Savoy you had to book specific seats. Do we just shove our way in and get the seat we want before anyone else? :p

sit a little higher. Good stuff, no fun for anybody there you hear?

out door would have been savage, but so much organisation then, more than nearly none anyway. dunno, delays or it being silent in the cinema type stuff. prob be great

gotcha

Ah ye would have been mad to organise but still, they show movies outside in meeting house square the odd time although that's just a small venue.

Actually ye that'll be weird between bands, would there not be huge delays or is it not live live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

--LOS-- wrote: »
    gotcha

Ah ye would have been mad to organise but still, they show movies outside in meeting house square the odd time although that's just a small venue.

Actually ye that'll be weird between bands, would there not be huge delays or is it not live live.

It is a delayed showing of the gig, so really not live. As for the out doors showing, this might just be too metal the general public. Best confined within solid concrete walls :p.

• Advertisement

ah good, should work out fine so.

I guess! I can dream though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

You were going to go in Germany, course it's not going to be the same experience as a concert but it would have been pretty hard for me to make it to one of those shows so I'll settle for cinema.
    I meant the price. 10 - 15 is stretch but 15 - 25 is just outta my budget this week :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Just got my ticket for the one in Vue at Liffey Valley. €15. Definitely more than 40 seats in the screen and apparently its not even close to selling it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Zerroth wrote: »
    Just got my ticket for the one in Vue at Liffey Valley. €15. Definitely more than 40 seats in the screen and apparently its not even close to selling it out.
    I decided to go to cineworld over vue purely because I could get a pint (or 5) while watching :pac: Really looking forward to seeing if it's gonna be weird or good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Really looking forward to this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Really looking forward to this! :D

I got an email the other day to say they'd cancelled it in my local cinema!:mad:

In fairness when I was booking tickets and picking seats, I could see at least 20 other people had booked their tickets online ahead of me so I figured at least someone else was gonna be there. The cinema even had a poster up for it and was advertised as "showing here".

Now, they just decided against it, and there's no longer a showing. The email just said that "distributional reasons and economic necessity" meant this couldn't happen. Surely whatever they replace it with isn't going to fill out a screen at short notice a random Tuesday night.

Nearest one is 3 hours drive away and that's not happening.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Anyone know the order of the line-up?
    the_syco wrote: »

And I'd say it'd be in that order: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and then Metallica

The order seems to actually be Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The order seems to actually be Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica.

I still haven't made up my mind.

Can I buy a beer in Cineworld and drink it inside?

What screen is it?

I would go to the Savoy one but it's running a half hour behind and I'm going to Pearl Jam at 8.30'ish.

Hope Anthax play I'm the Man .. love that.

Anything from Among The Living.

Slayer I am not arsed about, liked South Of Heaven though.

Then again, if I'm just going to see Anthrax, I may go to the Savoy.

If Slayer come on first, you'll hear me scream: "F*** you LOS!!" :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Could be something interesting during Metallicas set. Scott Ian just posted on his Facebook: "Metallica about to go on here in Bulgaria. Something special is gonna happen."

My money is on Mustaine joining Metallica for 'The Four Horsemen'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    Could be something interesting during Metallicas set. Scott Ian just posted on his Facebook: "Metallica about to go on here in Bulgaria. Something special is gonna happen."

With Mechanix lyrics, ooooooooh, even better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

lord lucan wrote: »

All of the big four bandmembers (excluding Tom Araya, Kerry King and Jeff) got on stage to play a cover of Am I Evil?.... was very cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Well that was pretty cool,
    Metallica I think were by far the best of the night and seeing all 4 bands on stage for Am I Evil? was amazing

Especially just seeing Mustaine with James,Lars and Kirk.

Sound seemed pretty ****e for Slayer though here in Limerick, not sure if it was the cinema or just the same for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

Just back from the EYE Cinema in Galway. They were actually moshing in the screen. It was EPIC! Security guy was cool with it too, although he did have to calm things down at one point :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

blast - i should have gone. The pics look , erm, unbelievable to say the least!

something we thought we'd never see!

36131_404347045263_10212595263_4896020_5944933_n.jpg

That was a strange experience, really weird clapping at a screen but it was a fun experience nonetheless, even had some people get up and mosh for Slayer! Was a bit disappointed that Megadeth didn't play all of RIP, would have been my second time seeing that in a week! I think Metallica blew everyone else away, they were jusst on fire tonight.

• Advertisement

That was a strange experience, really weird clapping at a screen but it was a fun experience nonetheless, even had some people get up and mosh for Slayer! Was a bit disappointed that Megadeth didn't play all of RIP, would have been my second time seeing that in a week! I think Metallica blew everyone else away, they were jusst on fire tonight.

They did play it in full, just wasn't shown.
    Was hoping they would show take no prisoners, just skipped all of RIP after Hanger 18

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    They did play it in full, just wasn't shown.
    Was hoping they would show take no prisoners, just skipped all of RIP after Hanger 18

I thought that alright. Was also looking forward to take no prisioners, but straight into headcrusher. Hopefully there will be extented sets on the DVD.

Yeah hope so too. Hopefully lots of backstage footage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

That was just strange! Enjoyable but just strange! I went to the Savoy on O'Connell St to see it and when the gig kicked off it was almost like a metal version of Live Aid what with all the 'Hello Bulgaria! Hello the world!!!' lines. :p Have seen Metallica in the flesh 6 times now including both nights in Belfast last month.Back then I wasnt expecting to be 5 weeks later sitting rocking out in a cinema seat with a bucket of popcorn to 'Creeping Death.' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I went to the Savoy before Pearl Jam so only seen Megadeth and Anthrax.

Very odd indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Was well worth the 170 km round trip i had to make to Wex to see it. It wasnt the Big 4 though,more like Metallica with special guests,ha ha.Also, was it just me or was Mustaine painful to listen to? Oh,and I also blagged me what I think was the one and only promo poster they had,so I got me my own little piece of history;)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

very cool indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

did no one else notice that slayer weren't their for am i evil?

I do agree with everyone, was odd yelling at screen but all round was awesome. Also was cool to see mustaine and helfield next to each other.

I still haven't made up my mind.

Can I buy a beer in Cineworld and drink it inside?

What screen is it?

I would go to the Savoy one but it's running a half hour behind and I'm going to Pearl Jam at 8.30'ish.

Hope Anthax play I'm the Man .. love that.

Anything from Among The Living.

Slayer I am not arsed about, liked South Of Heaven though.

Then again, if I'm just going to see Anthrax, I may go to the Savoy.

If Slayer come on first, you'll hear me scream: "F*** you LOS!!" :mad:

:D

woops hope you saw my invisible reply there where I said to go to the savoy :D

I'm wondering now how it went down in cineworld with the bar there etc.

Did you not think they'd pull the curtains back at some point, they never did though, maybe it didn't suit for whatever reason.

I'm never as pushed on Megadeth or Slayer, enjoyed seeing them all though, the time went so quick :eek:

Anthrax were awesome, Metallica are always awesome even if you mostly know how it's going to go but they stood out way ahead of the rest, the other two don't really give it as much to the crowd.

No need for the shouting, so it turned out to be anthrax, megadeth, slayer, Metallica, apparently slayer played before megadeth though on a different date.
    I went to the Savoy before Pearl Jam so only seen Megadeth and Anthrax.

Very odd indeed.

I was there too, was a bit odd but I was expecting that, was not like a concert experience at all, was mostly relaxing listening to some good music, good experience though, worth the money definitely. Even if you're thinking the whole time, damn would love to be there :D

It all ran very smoothly, one band straight after the other, little tribute to Dio before Metallica with a recording of Lars, Scott Ian and Mustaine saying a few words which Lars mainly took over, surprise surprise. The highlight being 'am I evil', that was awesome.

• Advertisement

rgjmce wrote: »
    did no one else notice that slayer weren't their for am i evil?

Just Dave Lombardo on drums I think.

Advertisement