Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT-Windscreen crack

• 19-05-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a tiny crack in my windcreen, about a cm. It's in the A area of the screen. Will this fail NCT?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It all depends on the tester you get on the day. It'd be hard to say one way or the other without seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭privateBeavis

yeah depends on the tester, I had a crack in the windscreen that had travelled about 30-40cm! it was outside the wiper area on the passenger side and it went through the NCT once without failing the second time 2 years later it failed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anotheridiot

It is really small, hardly noticable from outside and is below my sight line, but I know how hit and miss nct can be. Anybody know if those diy windscreen repair kits are any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

barry81 wrote: »
    It all depends on the tester you get on the day. It'd be hard to say one way or the other without seeing it.
    and thats 1 reason the nct should be abolished..its a joke if your car passing a road worthy test depends on the tester.jease..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It is really small, hardly noticable from outside and is below my sight line, but I know how hit and miss nct can be. Anybody know if those diy windscreen repair kits are any good?
    ring ur ins company, ya might be able to get the repair done thats advertised on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

From the NCT Manual:
    ZONE A Damage that can be contained within a 10mm diameter circle (maximum of two defects provided they are more than 100mm apart).
    If the crack in your windscreen is within a cm then it's within tolerance.
    and thats 1 reason the nct should be abolished..its a joke if your car passing a road worthy test depends on the tester.jease..
    What do you propose instead, some sort of automated robot tester? Please state one national road worthiness test from anywhere in the world that doesn't have some element which isn't dependant on the tester's opinion.

Advertisement