Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Hints

Options
  • 19-05-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

BBQ season is finally upon us, and everyone has their own tricks and hints for BBQing so I thought I'd start a thread to share them.

Heres a few to begin with:

To make perfect flamegrilled chicken, flatten it, with a meat tenderiser or rolling pin, marinade it for a couple of hours beforehand in a mix of water, with a liberal dash of sugar and salt, and whatever seasoning you fancy. Cook on a high heat, until cooked through. The chicken will stay tender and moist, and the sugar caramelises to make a perfect brown flame grilled coating. If you're feeling adventurous use beer or cider instead of water.

For sausages, move the coals to one side, or only turn on one half of a gas BBQ. Place the sausages on the cool side of the grill and close the lid. They only need to be turned once or twice. Takes a little longer but prevents the burnt on the outside/raw on the inside problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

For sausages, move the coals to one side, or only turn on one half of a gas BBQ. Place the sausages on the cool side of the grill and close the lid. They only need to be turned once or twice. Takes a little longer but prevents the burnt on the outside/raw on the inside problem.

I boil the sausages first to make sure they're cooked through, then I just give them a quick go on the BBQ to colour them up.

BTW your chicken sounds very nice, I might try it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I boil the sausages first to make sure they're cooked through, then I just give them a quick go on the BBQ to colour them up.

But that's boiling not bbq'ing. Sacrilege!;)

Advertisement