Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken concrete step repair job!

• 19-05-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

After the severe winter weather, a part of my step outside patio is crumbling. It is not where you put your foot but underneath, if you know what I mean!:D

As I am NOT a DIYer, any easy remedy to salvage the loose stone that is coming out of it, every so often?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Go to B&Q. Buy a couple of tubs of their epoxy resin concrete repair mortar(Its about €25 a tub! But its good)-it is in the aisle with the cement and bags of sand. Mix it up well, and using the cheap plastering trowel that you also bought in B&Q for €9,ahem, smear it into the damaged section untill you have a handsome flat finish. It will set like rock in a short period of time, and will last well, and your step will be repaired.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

dunsandin wrote: »
    Go to B&Q. Buy a couple of tubs of their epoxy resin concrete repair mortar(Its about €25 a tub! But its good)-it is in the aisle with the cement and bags of sand. Mix it up well, and using the cheap plastering trowel that you also bought in B&Q for €9,ahem, smear it into the damaged section untill you have a handsome flat finish. It will set like rock in a short period of time, and will last well, and your step will be repaired.:)

Thanks for that information. Now to find a B&Q!:)

Advertisement