Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a spare €350K lying around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hang on, so all Paulo_M has to do, is put his custom made amp in storage for a few decades....put it on ebay and bam 350K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

holy christ !~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Hang on, so all Paulo_M has to do, is put his custom made amp in storage for a few decades....put it on ebay and bam 350K!

Well, there would be the small matter of a local irish guitarist getting one and going to on to sell millions of records with a ground breaking rock group with a curious name and a mental drummer.
    Followed by another local voodoo chilke getting one and going on to change guitar playing forever while selling millions of records with his little group.
    Then these guys influence a whole raft of other guitarists looking to emulate or exceed their tone which, in turn, causes a drunken eddie with a cool sounding sur-name to tap his way into the history books, a chain smoking alco with a top hat to write some of the greatest rock riffs of all time and a king to invent a genre based on this 800 type sound.
    Then this to cause millions of people to buy these amplifiers over a sustained period of around 50 years and then the tone to become the very definition of rock guitar and yard stick by which all other amps are measured .
    If all that was to happen and I still had an early prototype then I'd sell it on eBay for €350k. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Paolo_M wrote: »
    Well, there would be the small matter of a local irish guitarist getting one and going to on to sell millions of records with a ground breaking rock group with a curious name and a mental drummer.
    Followed by another local voodoo chilke getting one and going on to change guitar playing forever while selling millions of records with his little group.
    Then these guys influence a whole raft of other guitarists looking to emulate or exceed their tone which, in turn, causes a drunken eddie with a cool sounding sur-name to tap his way into the history books, a chain smoking alco with a top hat to write some of the greatest rock riffs of all time and a king to invent a genre based on this 800 type sound.
    Then this to cause millions of people to buy these amplifiers over a sustained period of around 50 years and then the tone to become the very definition of rock guitar and yard stick by which all other amps are measured .
    If all that was to happen and I still had an early prototype then I'd sell it on eBay for €350k. :)
    Ah sure give me a go of one and i'll do my best.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

only have €349.000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

That's ridiculous....... sure you can pick up a new 100watt MG series for €350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

I dare someone to go on thegearpage or plexipalace and ask would it be possible to add and FX Loop to that amp and maybe an additional gain stage otherwise you wouldn't be interested and will get a dumble instead. :D
    Those guys take life way too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I dare someone to go on thegearpage or plexipalace and ask would it be possible to add and FX Loop to that amp and maybe an additional gain stage otherwise you wouldn't be interested and will get a dumble instead. :D
    Those guys take life way too seriously.

Nah, I'd get it modded for extra gain and a master volume. :pac:

I'll never post on TGP as a matter of principle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

stetyrrell wrote: »

100K for a Norlin? :eek:

He's on something funky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

great post :D

Advertisement