Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drain/sewer blocked

• 19-05-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

just lifted the cover off the shore in the garden-it is stuffed with sh***te.
    anyone any idea what the going rate is to have it unblocked/drained?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

its a **** job so expect guys to charge you by the job which could be hundreds or by the hour which will probably be around 80e. all depends on whether its just a simple blockage ot is there a pipe broken somewhere...... gl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

thanks for the prompt reply. appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Get yourself a set of sewer rods, probably cost €50 and you get to have them for future blockages...

will do, but its gone beyond sewer rods for now.
    thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davebuck

Have had that situation before and also in our neighbour's pipes too,sewer rods are the answer if the pipe is not broken.

• Advertisement

the sewer is the communal one for the terrace of houses and the shore is in my garden. it is stuffed with you know what and i have no idea where the various openings are. i suspect there are nappies in it (did not do a forensic) and there are no nappies used in this house. it is literally brimful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Ring a sewer jetter and get the pipes jetted. Accelerated drain cleaning are good, and charge a fair price. (As am I and do I!!But rather than suggest myself, ADC are a reputable company and will not rip you off.) It is a dirty job, and people only call a sewer jetter when they are desperate, so some companies(allegedly) will charge a fortune, others, like ADC(or me) will charge a fair and reasonable price and do a good job, as a matter of professional pride. If you need a contact No. for ADC you can PM me, or else just look them up in the yellow pages.:)

thanks for all the replies- a neighbour rodded that today and all is well.

Advertisement