Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you answer this poetry question?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

What impact did the poetry of Emily Dickinson make on you as a reader?
    Your answer should deal with the following:
    - Your overall sense of the personality of the poet
    - The poet’s use of language/imagery

Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

What impact did the poetry of Emily Dickinson make on you as a reader?
    Your answer should deal with the following:
    - Your overall sense of the personality of the poet
    - The poet’s use of language/imagery

Help greatly appreciated.
    I would try and find some of her poems that best relate to her personality and just attempt to link them together (I haven't done Dickinson yet so I can't help with that). As for the second requirement just comment on the technical features of all her poetry like alliteration, metre, structure and any other technical features/imagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm guessing your in 5th year year since she's not on this year.Anyway firstly you should get 4 poems in which you can make two points about her personality ifrom each poem.Then in each paragraph explain how she expresses her personality through the use of language(verbs,adverbs etc)

Advertisement