Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting good with all characters?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

@Roy Nelson & Chris McMahon

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is a really bad attitude to have, I know this because I used to feel the same way. When you see that your up against whatever character you have a problem with you instantly lose some focus while thinking about how much of a dick the other guy must be for picking said character. Then mid game you think up excuses for why your losing (Cheap/random ect.) instead of just dealing with it and working on the fight. For the record I used to hate pretty much all the characters listed here.. But then I realized how dumb it was to think this way.

I dont think any character is cheap BUT if any character is cheap its Top tier Ryu, not bottom tier Vega...

@Ropedrink Balrog is my fav matchup. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

roy nelson wrote: »
    if i had my way street fighter would be called shoto fighter 4 and only have shoto fighters plus guile.

IN MY OPINION shoto v shoto matches make for the most technical and enjoyable fights. much more combos, spacing and timing involved.

It would be a better game if they would remove the unorthodox characters like vega, blanka, el fuete who rely on their randomness and jumping around the screen rather than technical combos.

plus you would you be familiar with all characters.

I DISLIKE THIS POST IMMENSELY

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is a really bad attitude to have, I know this because I used to feel the same way. When you see that your up against whatever character you have a problem with you instantly lose some focus while thinking about how much of a dick the other guy must be for picking said character. Then mid game you think up excuses for why your losing (Cheap/random ect.) instead of just dealing with it and working on the fight. For the record I used to hate pretty much all the characters listed here.. But then I realized how dumb it was to think this way.

I dont think any character is cheap BUT if any character is cheap its Top tier Ryu, not bottom tier Vega...

Lads you should listen to Doyler here, he is morpheus and he's saying to FREE YOUR MIND.

Don't listen to him in the sequels to this post though, any old philosophical bull**** will do in them.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ahahaha, I just proved my own post above... Logged into Player Match and accidentally hit Random Select (Box above Balrog) and got the complete opposite to him, Dhalsim... Opponent at least honored it with a RSelect and got Akuma whom from my understanding is a bad matchup for Dhalsim, neither of us had a bloody clue what we were doing and with comical results.

Never again... Never again...

Contrary wise, I had a good old sessions with Sagat06 yesterday, in which I picked:

Ryu
    Ken
    Guile
    Ibuki
    Blanka
    Chun Li
    E Honda
    Juri

... and a couple more and it was great crack! I feel it kinda helped keep my hands keep a little limber and not just back- forward- punch.

I was picking Bison the other day and I did azza's little cross up lk lk lk xx scissors kick combo. Felt kinda sick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

@ doyler etc

the reason I have that opinion is probably because im not really that into my fighting games. I dont have time for any other game or any other characters with a wacky moves.

I just like to pick ryu throw fire balls and hopefully get matched against a fellow shoto. no interest in grinding out victories against a vega who has flown across the screen 15 times a round.

i appreciate someone blocking a cross up successfully rather than mashing out electricity of spinning a lariat. my mind is as free as a bird

• Advertisement

@ doyler etc

the reason I have that opinion is probably because im not really that into my fighting games. I dont have time for any other game or any other characters with a wacky moves.

I just like to pick ryu throw fire balls and hopefully get matched against a fellow shoto. no interest in grinding out victories against a vega who has flown across the screen 15 times a round.

i appreciate someone blocking a cross up successfully rather than mashing out electricity of spinning a lariat. my mind is as free as a bird

It's not really. You're limiting yourself to enjoying/ tolerating half of what the game's got to offer. *Shrugs* your loss I guess, I would consider SF to be extremely boring if there was just shotos on offer, I easily find them the most boring to fight (and that's coming from a Guile).

Also, bad shotos mash out DPs just as much as bad Giefs mash out lariats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I was in that same frame of mind before as a Blanka player. I'd be annoyed that i could be ultra'd by chunli on block. Eventually I learned its a move just can't do unless i'm sure its going to hit.

If you know someone is going to use electricity or lariat then its time to change tactics.

Once you have that counter set of tactics the game gets alot more fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Man whenever I come across a random U2 Ken, I know I'm pretty much guaranteed to land whatever I want after I'm done ducking their full-screen flame kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I love meeting electricity spammers. As Balrog, if I get too close and they just sit there spamming, I spend a few seconds getting my position just right, letting them wonder WTF I'm up to, then crouch fierce kick them out of it. I imagine that the foundations of their entire world view crumble when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

PPC wrote: »
    I was in that same frame of mind before as a Blanka player. I'd be annoyed that i could be ultra'd by chunli on block. Eventually I learned its a move just can't do unless i'm sure its going to hit.

If you know someone is going to use electricity or lariat then its time to change tactics.

Once you have that counter set of tactics the game gets alot more fun :)

I'm fairly certain Chun can U1 blanka ball on hit. Yup she can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Orim wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain Chun can U1 blanka ball on hit. Yup she can.

Really??. If u get hit doesn't that mean u won't have enough charge for U1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

BanjoB wrote: »
    Really??. If u get hit doesn't that mean u won't have enough charge for U1.

Not if he does a combo that ends in a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

jesus christ doom, how did that ken u fought have so many points?

anyway, i like all the characters in the game except fuerte and dan. there are just some i dont enjoy fighting as a ken player like zangief, brilliant character, love watching amazing zangief play (vance/vangief), but to fight, cant stand him. thats not because i lose to him, i beat most giefs i fight, its just a grind.
    vega, again, i love the character and one of my favorite players to watch is a vega (tatsu). that guy is a wizard. dont mind the fight either, tricky stuff. i get beat by many vegas tho:(.

dont tar me roy nelsons brush, i dont agree with him, i just think some match ups for ken are boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Bush80 wrote: »
    Not if he does a combo that ends in a ball.

Ah very good. Didn't think about charge if your eating a combo :)

BanjoB wrote: »
    Ah very good. Didn't think about charge if your eating a combo :)

Ye its pretty stupid. A few characters can punish balls no hit with ultra and a lot can punish with normals and special moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Ye its pretty stupid. A few characters can punish balls no hit with ultra and a lot can punish with normals and special moves.

teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

UWAAAAAAH!!

Its ok cos I use 2 of the characters that can do it so it balances out for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This thread took an awesome direction cause of my little comment.

But yeah you can get charge while he combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Doyler01 wrote: »

Yeah, bloody top tier ryu has it so easy landing ultra off anything. BOORING ;)
    I just like to pick ryu throw fire balls and hopefully get matched against a fellow shoto.

Shoto matches at the highest level can be exciting to watch (here for example) but in general its not true. You need more variety. Game would be a bore with shoto's just firing projectiles all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

...I threw up on SRK...

Classy ;)
    animaX wrote: »
    Game would be a bore with shoto's just firing projectiles all day

Yeh and the game definitely needs more (EX)Messiah kicks and Tiger shots in my opinion.

Ry wrote: »
    ..ass..

Look I can do it too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

hehe prinny note that a lot of people on here know each other well enough at this stage to take the direct piss out of each other a bit :p

Those lads know each other.

Also shotos ftw , I love shotos. But I love non shotos too. Haters gonna hate what can I say. Not my fault shotos are the most stylish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sisko wrote: »
    hehe prinny note that a lot of people on here know each other well enough at this stage to take the direct piss out of each other a bit :p

Those lads know each other.

Also shotos ftw , I love shotos. But I love non shotos too. Haters gonna hate what can I say. Not my fault shotos are the most stylish :p
    I'd like to thank this statement, just so I can remove it....

Hit C with T. Hawk and the Almight Dan Hibiki yesterday.

I've become painfully aware of the fact that by hitting C with them, I am better with them, but I'm certainly not good.

I have no idea for example if any of T. Hawks normals are good, because I never needed them (except for crouch roundhouse, which I needed to advance low on a quite good fireball spamming Juri).

Also major major props to Crimson Blur a UK XBL player, who I ran across while I was levelling up Dan, because this dude plays Random. He's already doing what I'm working towards, and doing it really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never get that acheivement, ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ken B wrote: »
    I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never get that acheivement, ever...

Every 360 game has that one ridiculous achievement, this is Super's.

(Usually) 50 GP a win, 1000 GP to C, thats 20 wins x 35 chars. 750 wins. Dumb.

Although it is easily possible, just takes alot of time and effort, and a bit of luck, hope you get crap players when trying to get C for your worst characters.

Advertisement