Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken heels...

Options
  • 19-05-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi everyone,

i bought 2 pairs of expensive shoes at christmas in brown thomas. between them they came to E1000.

i have worn one pair once to wedding, and the broch on the front of the shoes has badly scuffed the inside of the other shoe. both shoes of this set now look terrible. and this was after just one wear!
    i was willing to accept that this was kinda my fault, but thinking about it more i think they are badly designed and made.

then my other pair of shoes (which i would wear more, but rarely outdoors) broke last week! the heel on one has completely bent inwards towards the sole - impossible to wear. i brought them to a cobler who says there is a fault in the shoe.

im going to bring both back as i believe both are faulty. would anyone agree and if so what are my rights?
    i dont have a receipt but i do have a loyalty card which recorded the payments and i have a statement showing the amounts paid to BTs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

miami2007 wrote: »
    i bought 2 pairs of expensive shoes at christmas in brown thomas. between them they came to E1000.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Firstly shoes like every other item need to be "fit for purpose"

The first pair which you say are scuffed and wore to a wedding, I think you have no chance with.
    Firstly there is no manufacturing fault. You wore them to a wedding, so there was bound to be dancing and plenty of activity to scuff them.
    I bought a pair in nine west in BTs a few years ago for a wedding, the cobblestones outside the church scuffed the heels and they were destroyed but it was my own fault. They were delicate shoes and not defective.

The second pair you might have a chance with. But you need to prove that you have only given them adequate wear and tear in the 6months that you have them and that the fault is manufacturing rather than caused by you.

What I wouldn't do is bring the 2 pairs in together. You will put yourself at a disadvantage straight away, it will just look like you are "hard" on shoes and you will find it hard to convince them that it is a manufacturing fault with the second pair.

Also without a receipt, I don't know if you will get far either. You may have a loyalty card but that only proves you purchased from the store itself. If the shoes are branded and sold elsewhere you might be sent packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

thanks for that, i actually brought them both back today. the manager agreed there was a fault in the broken heel shoes and has agreed to replace them. for the other ones, they are quite clearly damaged from wear and tear but for this wear and tear to happen in one day i find terrible for shoes that cost E685. the manager agreed and has agreed to get them repaired and if they cant be repaired she has promised a replacment.
    happy with all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

miami2007 wrote: »
    hi everyone,

Holy F*ck ...

Think i'll bring me g/f out shopping later ... she wouldnt spend that much on shoes!!! :D

bet she does, just you dont know about it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So what if the OP spent €1000 on shoes. If she has the money and they made her happy then good for her. Glad to hear that they are sorting you out OP.

So what if the OP spent €1000 on shoes. If she has the money and they made her happy then good for her. Glad to hear that they are sorting you out OP.

my thoughts exactly!

Advertisement