Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick reply suggestion

Options
  • 19-05-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone how are you?

Would the staff please consider making Quick Reply "OPEN,NO CLICK REQUIRED"??

It would just make it easier when replying to a thread :)

You can set that in the control panel!!

Thanx for considering........ This is the BIGGEST vbb site i have ever found!! (So many message bases here,so much to discuss :))
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

You have a point.

unfortunately a point for the feedback forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

Dude111 wrote: »
    Hello everyone how are you?

Would the staff please consider making Quick Reply "OPEN,NO CLICK REQUIRED"??

It would just make it easier when replying to a thread :)

You can set that in the control panel!!

Thanx for considering........ This is the BIGGEST vbb site i have ever found!! (So many message bases here,so much to discuss :))
    perhaps you should get useto the place first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm used to it, and it's hella annoying.... And hella's not even a word!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Ah i love it here!!

It would just make things even better is all :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved to Feedback

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

That's what I thought the 1st day I got here.

"Why wont it just let me post? Why do I have to click on the icon on someone else's post before I can post?"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, never understood that one! Well, then I kinda did because it's to allow for easy quoting, but default to open text would be nicer.

Thank you Gordon im glad you agree :)

Are you gonna change it to OPEN,NO CLICK REQUIRED?

I just cant believe how many message bases you have on this site!! (SO MUCH CONTENT,ITS HARD TO KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN :D)

Thanx again my friend for such a wonderful site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Is it not one of the anti spambot measures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Bubble = Burst. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think it might be. It's the only logical explanation. I have no idea how this prevents spambots though.

Shouldn't the thread be here?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, not really. Any spambot will ignore that input fields have simply been disabled and use them anyway.

At the backend, the system might check to see that a postref has been included, but any spambot written to target vBulletin specifically could easily spoof a postref.

The idea of a "thread" is that you're responding to something, whether it be a post in the thread, or the OP. So having to say, "I'm replying to this post" is logical even if it doesn't reflect the reality of how people use the site.

What the box should do as default behaviour is to be open (i.e. not disabled), and with the postref of the OP as the default postref for the box. The "Quote message" box should be disabled unless the user clicks the Quick reply button on another post.

Ahh yes mate,i didnt see that section before.. (Would be best there i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I think this also creates a bug in the spell checker of opera. To get the spell checker working the quick reply box I have to right click and turn it off and and on again which I don't have to do on other forums that have the quick reply box enabled by default.

Not really boards fault but if there isn't anything to be gained by having the quick reply box disabled why is it so?

Why is it even a feature in VB? There must be some use I suppose.

I have noticed guys that the SSL side of the site keeps dropping me..

If i go here for example > https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php

It usually lets me stay on but if a do a SEARCH for example,i get thrown back to the unsecure side....... (Sometimes other stuff throws ya off as well)

I cant believe how fast the site loads ON THE SSL SIDE!!

This really is a wonderful place..... Thank you again Gordon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Isnt there a quick reply button at the bottom of the page.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Isnt there a quick reply button at the bottom of the page.

Have you never clicked on it?

Have you never clicked on it?
    yes just now. And there is a post reply tab at the bottom of the page as well. Got the two confused for a second

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The quick reply should have more icons, nomnom

folks while we are on the same subject of icons, in disabling the avatar image (one was annoying me) the other day on my mozilla browser it took out all the other icons in the process so have had to swithc to windows explorer. Anyway how do I undo the action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

folks while we are on the same subject of icons, in disabling the avatar image (one was annoying me) the other day on my mozilla browser it took out all the other icons in the process so have had to swithc to windows explorer. Anyway how do I undo the action.
    that depends on what method you used to disable the avatars. Adblock?

Overheal wrote: »
    that depends on what method you used to disable the avatars. Adblock?
    yes i disabled the avatar the same way i would disable a graphic on sig on Mozilla.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

unblock boards in adblock, add the block in user settings on boards.

working now. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

This really is a wonderful place..... Thank you again Gordon :)
    Thank you Gordon im glad you agree :)

Thanx again my friend for such a wonderful site!
    Ah i love it here!!

Gordon's getting a lot of praise here....wait until DeVore arrives and tells the OP it is he who owns the site:

OP: *explodes*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, not sure why I'm getting praise here either! But, hey, I don't mind :)

Don't be silly, thanks again Gordon. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I have noticed guys that the SSL side of the site keeps dropping me..

If i go here for example > https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php

It usually lets me stay on but if a do a SEARCH for example,i get thrown back to the unsecure side....... (Sometimes other stuff throws ya off as well)

HTTPS has only been recently added. It was added in order to support some other stuff that isn't done yet. It's not really intended for general use.

We might patch vBulletin to keep people on HTTPS some time in the future, but we have no plans to do so yet.
    I cant believe how fast the site loads ON THE SSL SIDE!!

It shouldn't be any faster. When you arrive with HTTPS, your connection is just decrypted and passed to where you would have arrived if you came in via HTTP. You're using the same machines, at the same priority. (EDIT: If anything, it should be slightly slower, since more is being done.)

Perhaps your ISP is doing traffic shaping of some sort?

Well it loads the same (Some sites on SSL are a little slower)
    Kirnsy wrote:
    Gordon's getting a lot of praise here....wait until DeVore arrives and tells the OP it is he who owns the site
    Oops im sorry DeVore,you have an xcellent site!

Your just a co-admin then Gordon huh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement