Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite photographer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

mrboswell, have you seen "War Photographer" about him? I can highly recommend.

My favourite photograhper works for Playboy. I don't know his or her name, but I study their work often and cannot get bored by that :D

I honestly cannot say one name. Or just few names. There are photographers who strike me with one or few images, then there are photoghraphers who strike me with almost all their images and then they produce sh;te I would not use for peeling potatoes.

Helmut Newton is not my cup of tea, but I have to admit his straighforward pushing the limits, going after his ideas and creating always something new. And I am not saying that only because I saw life-size prints of nudes shot by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

ThOnda wrote: »
    mrboswell, have you seen "War Photographer" about him? I can highly recommend.

My favourite photograhper works for Playboy. I don't know his or her name, but I study their work often and cannot get bored by that :D

I honestly cannot say one name. Or just few names. There are photographers who strike me with one or few images, then there are photoghraphers who strike me with almost all their images and then they produce sh;te I would not use for peeling potatoes.

Helmut Newton is not my cup of tea, but I have to admit his straighforward pushing the limits, going after his ideas and creating always something new. And I am not saying that only because I saw life-size prints of nudes shot by him.

Yea I have it - fantastic doc but pretty hardcore and if you hear him talk he's almost immune to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Robert Doisneau is always my favourite

http://www.staleywise.com/collection/doisneau/doisneau.html

Advertisement