Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ah he stuck around as I promised to take him under my wing and teach him everything I know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    In fairness your striker is wayyyyy to good for you :D

So am I. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Yeah kauto stars will need someone special at the back to stop Iron Knob FC when they meet:D

well we have the user with best striker in the world on the other side of the pitch, if you score 2 we will score 3 :D

theres 3 of us in the team who have players in div 1 swe so we know what we are doing :cool:

Yeah kauto stars will need someone special at the back to stop Iron Knob FC when they meet:D
    well we have the user with best striker in the world on the other side of the pitch, if you score 2 we will score 3 :D

theres 3 of us in the team who have players in div 1 swe so we know what we are doing :cool:

And they've now added Big Mick McCarthy to the defensive ranks. Mick may not be graceful but he's quite adept at kicking people.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    And they've now added Big Mick McCarthy to the defensive ranks. Mick may not be graceful but he's quite adept at kicking people.

thats more than i could ever have hoped for, i love you mick :pac:

• Advertisement

thats more than i could ever have hoped for, i love you mick :pac:

It's a good thing I didn't call him Micky or people would start to wonder about you...

they already wonder, i've stooped caring a long time ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Resurrected Liam Brady as my second character so Team 18 should be created tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Who is the manager of team 17 going to be?

locke called dibbs on it a long time ago, team 18 was born last night too,

now upwards on onwards to team 19 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lads I'm very new to this so what's the deal regarding teams? I created a character the other day, and now I think I have been automatically assigned to team 18. However, I also got a contract offer from some French team I think (manage is Pep Guardiola no less :P). Contract is 50% more than I am currently on and release fee is substantially larger.

What is the story with team 18 in comparison to this French crowd? I see that the managers position is currently open for team 18? What would be better for player development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Fizman wrote: »
    Lads I'm very new to this so what's the deal regarding teams? I created a character the other day, and now I think I have been automatically assigned to team 18. However, I also got a contract offer from some French team I think (manage is Pep Guardiola no less :P). Contract is 50% more than I am currently on and release fee is substantially larger.

What is the story with team 18 in comparison to this French crowd? I see that the managers position is currently open for team 18? What would be better for player development?

Hmm playing is Ireland is probably more fun (speaking English for a start) and I even think the Irish division 1 is better than France. I'd say advertise yourself and there would be no shortage of irish division 1 teams wanting to sign you with a decent wage. More wages mean higher attribute increases.

Might sign you myself. What position are you?

Whats the name of the French team?

Edit: Ah its "Le Win" - a French division 2 team. Not much of a stepup from where you are I'd say.

i suggest staying with team 18, it will have a manager in a day or two and will be most likely a fairly experienced user, your skills will be to crap to be competitive in div 1, and div 2 is getting more active every day, theres a lot of people putting a lot of work into building the 2nd division, so stay to help it grow :D

plus my 3rd character plays in div 2 so i'll look forward to kicking your arse :D

by the way, if any new users in the game what some help, in FID my username is randomfriend as well so i should be easy to find around the Irish forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Fizman wrote: »

I'm signed to Team 18 too. So are 4 more active players. Most of us are pretty experienced at the game so I think stick with us.

That French team offered me a contract to. Not worth signing for them. We'll get a manager pretty soon and once the team becomes somewhat active we'll have a good time playing in the second division.

As far as contracts go the manager will be able to up all our wages soon enough, once he is appointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

How much is it for a new character? Also what nights are the irish matches on?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Just started this today :)

Character is Dan Gerous.

Will I be auto assigned to an Irish team or do I need to advertise?

castie wrote: »
    Just started this today :)

Character is Dan Gerous.

Will I be auto assigned to an Irish team or do I need to advertise?

We are looking for players in scotland if your interested!

I may if I dont feel the love from any Irish teams soon

we need

3 defenders
    5 midfielders

for team 19 so if you wait a day or two team 19 should be created :D

• Advertisement

we need

3 defenders
    5 midfielders

for team 19 so if you wait a day or two team 19 should be created :D

Recreated my player as a SM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Is the new club still looking for defenders,to get the club started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    How much is it for a new character? Also what nights are the irish matches on?

Wednesday and Sunday nights. 8.45.

Wasters are still looking for players, especially defenders! PM highgiant, our manager.

So the ex-bulls now sit 9th in the league :D

i am king of football, we need a rake of people for team 19 so hurry along and join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ShooterSF wrote: »
    So the ex-bulls now sit 9th in the league :D

after bringing in foriegn mercs :mad:

Was waiting 2 weeks for team 19 to be created. Eventually ended up signing for galatasaray!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Just after creating a player.. What the hell do i do to join a team??

Just after creating a player.. What the hell do i do to join a team??

Would you be interested in joining galatasaray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Would you be interested in joining galatasaray?

If they'll have me:rolleyes:

The matches are on sunday and wednesday at 18.00. We are looking for active players. If you are interested send me your character name and il have a word with the gaffer.

after bringing in foriegn mercs :mad:

Theres less foreigners there now than when we were the bulls and thankfully the 4 of them (2 are welsh) all speak english and ones a fit brazillian :p

good news everyone! we only need 3 defenders, for team 19 to be created, so nows a great time to join if you haven't already

the 2nd division is also buzzing all 6 teams currently unlocked are active now so team 19 would be great, 7 teams created and active in the space of 1 season is one hell of an achievement for a country our siize :)

Good game wasters. Thank fcuk our young new keeper had a cracker. I do believe Reg kept Adam on for my assist for the first :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Good game wasters. Thank fcuk our young new keeper had a cracker. I do believe Reg kept Adam on for my assist for the first :P

Probably did I wasn't online at the time so give me a break :D. Yeah you must be chuffed to have stuck it out, your lad number 9 is a beast of a player. Ah well you win very few and lose the rest and all that we will do better next time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Skulls finally made it back to the top of the table.

Really have to say thank you to everyone who joined and helped create the rest of the teams; it's made the league mucch tougher and more exciting.

Probably did I wasn't online at the time so give me a break :D. Yeah you must be chuffed to have stuck it out, your lad number 9 is a beast of a player. Ah well you win very few and lose the rest and all that we will do better next time :D

He is some player! We've got a good spine there. I'm looking forward to an even more competitive game next season! I know ya's get knocked for playing b-games but I think it's pretty clever. It can be hard to find time in matches that a) you can't get the ball or b) are expected to win, to try an idea.

Anywho best of luck with the team but stay away from our players :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

He is some player! We've got a good spine there. I'm looking forward to an even more competitive game next season! I know ya's get knocked for playing b-games but I think it's pretty clever. It can be hard to find time in matches that a) you can't get the ball or b) are expected to win, to try an idea.

Anywho best of luck with the team but stay away from our players :p

Yeah for some reason last night that game flew by! Maybe it was me (Wasters#3) wanting it to end as soon as possible! But in B team games its alot more relaxed and you can get comfortable on the ball,last night I didnt even touch the ball!

But next season we should be alot alot better,for a team that are second bottom to be getting a near full XI for most games is pretty good and next season we will be a force to be reckoned with! Good win last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Howdy Lads,

Just got access so thought I'd say hello.

I'm an active FIDer with the character name of Stan Staunton playine for Muir. We were the complete noobs 2 seasons ago, but this year thanks to building on the team and bringing in a few great players suddenly we're challenging for the title.

So to all the Wasters here who we hammered Sunday, and Hurricanes who we just beat keep the chins up, build and you will get rewards. For the moment though, thanks for the goal difference.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Patser wrote: »
    Howdy Lads,

Just got access so thought I'd say hello.

I'm an active FIDer with the character name of Stan Staunton playine for Muir. We were the complete noobs 2 seasons ago, but this year thanks to building on the team and bringing in a few great players suddenly we're challenging for the title.

So to all the Wasters here who we hammered Sunday, and Hurricanes who we just beat keep the chins up, build and you will get rewards. For the moment though, thanks for the goal difference.;)

your welcome :D, how about next season you give us 3 points :p

• Advertisement

we still need 1 defender for team 19,

big up the kuato stars and skeheenarinky

i'm going to qualify for the champions league for the 1st time ever woop :D

1 defender needed for team 19 come on be cool and give it a try

The amount of people who signed up from Boards and who've stuck with it is really testament to how good it really is. I'd encourage anyone to give it a go. The Irish community is really active and that's a amjor ebnefit when you're starting off. We just need one person to create a defender character. If you are going to be that person, my tip is to choose body type speedbullet - you can thank me later.

www.footballidentity.com - sign up now!

Is the main site down for anyone else? I went to go on and it just keeps loading, as if I keep pressing refresh or something (Which I am not :p) just wondering is it me or for everyone.

Hopefully its sorted for the game tonight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Is the main site down for anyone else? I went to go on and it just keeps loading, as if I keep pressing refresh or something (Which I am not :p) just wondering is it me or for everyone.

Hopefully its sorted for the game tonight anyway.

Had this problem as well Reg (alex naysmith by the way reg ;) ) i think if you clear the cache on your internet it seems to load the match then. Happened to me last week and once i cleared the cache it worked fine. Difficult match for us tonight :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully we can build from our lat two games.:D

baz2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully we can build from our lat two games.:D

weve been playing well the new system has definitely worked a wonder :D

Yeah I have enjoyed it but then again we have played worse teams than the one we will be playing tonight so tonights the test. If everyone is on like the past few I reckon we will do well, maybe a 2-0 loss which would be a great result.

I am sorry Gibson, I always thought you were cool but as an Arsenal fan, you are down about 4 notches now :D

Yeah I have enjoyed it but then again we have played worse teams than the one we will be playing tonight so tonights the test. If everyone is on like the past few I reckon we will do well, maybe a 2-0 loss which would be a great result.

I am sorry Gibson, I always thought you were cool but as an Arsenal fan, you are down about 4 notches now :D

we'll still finish higher than Liverpool ;):D

none of that gay premiership talk around here please!

my baby 18yr old WF scored a 30yarder header tonight v wasters :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement