Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

baz2009 wrote: »
    Waster completely played Muff off the Park, if Muff weren't such divers it would have been a lot closer in the scoreline. I suppose you could call them Muff divers.:pac:

My post may contain a lie.=P

Haha. Ah in fairness you did alright there tonight. I just think myself that I'd try to be a bit more adventurous once I went a goal down. I'd want to play some of the game in the opposition's half. Holding posession in your own half is only ever going to keep down the score. I know you weren't likely to be winning races of fights for the ball against our defenders but if you put some pressure on them or the people they'd be trying to pass to you might cause a mistake.

The foundation is there but you need to push on a little now. Well done anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Looking for some Irish players for my team in Romania 2b. If anyone is interested contact me.

http://footballidentity.com/Manager/ManagerGeneral/U64.aspx?id=62391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Moomoo1 wrote: »
    You think I don't know that half of you geeks have ten characters each :-P.

TM's pretty much on autopilot at the moment - just log in to check the TL every so often. FID though... is different. Bit more personal. I'd link some quite feisty stuff from the forums, but I don't want to be banned from this forum having waited a week for access. Randomfriend I am sure knows what I am talking about.

but yeah, we can give good terms (300-400k salary), a friendly and stimulating environment and a good feisty no-holds-barred relegation scrap against the world's best.

its a bit sad that so many of your players threw in the towel so quickly..
    whats gary like as a manager? :D

and yeah the swedish forum is madness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Moomoo1

its a bit sad that so many of your players threw in the towel so quickly..
    whats gary like as a manager? :D

very relaxed and hands-off. Not someone who get into the thick of things and produces detailed tactical plans for each opponent. Wouldn't be surprised if some people objected to that as well as to everything else.

With the way we folded, it's a chain reaction. Once a few leave, the teams stops being competitive and no one wants to join. The way Rev and Billy left was terrible, and after that there was no coming back, as the 'critical point' was passed.

very relaxed and hands-off. Not someone who get into the thick of things and produces detailed tactical plans for each opponent. Wouldn't be surprised if some people objected to that as well as to everything else.

With the way we folded, it's a chain reaction. Once a few leave, the teams stops being competitive and no one wants to join. The way Rev and Billy left was terrible, and after that there was no coming back, as the 'critical point' was passed.

yeah the guys leaving after 4 or 5 games (if i remember correctly) was shameful especially, and now when you look at how gaz fell apart and then that norbaggerneragermbabannerna aren't world beaters had you a full active team all season you would have stood a fighting chance,

i suppose you will be relegated but will have gained some valuable experiences and those that stay will in the end up make you all a stronger group, plus you will have a big wage budget next season :D

yeah the guys leaving after 4 or 5 games (if i remember correctly) was shameful especially, and now when you look at how gaz fell apart and then that norbaggerneragermbabannerna aren't world beaters had you a full active team all season you would have stood a fighting chance,

i suppose you will be relegated but will have gained some valuable experiences and those that stay will in the end up make you all a stronger group, plus you will have a big wage budget next season :D

I am not sure whether _I_ should stay even. No one has posted on the forum since almost two weeks ago, and Brian is acting strangely (eg I asked him for a full salary since we are not exactly short of funds now and he said 'I have better things to worry about than your salary' and stopped replying to me after that).

I don't really understand that, one moment he writes to me asking what players we should sign and is all nice, the next moment it's like he just couldn't care less. Needless to say, the only signing from this season that actually stayed around was found by me also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

On a plus side for Wasters, tonight you play Muir who're on a massive downer with a manager literally missing in action (we're getting worried about him), after losing to Hurricanes last week and out of Europe too.....

So I figure we'll only beat ye 3-0:p

I am not sure whether _I_ should stay even. No one has posted on the forum since almost two weeks ago, and Brian is acting strangely (eg I asked him for a full salary since we are not exactly short of funds now and he said 'I have better things to worry about than your salary' and stopped replying to me after that).

I don't really understand that, one moment he writes to me asking what players we should sign and is all nice, the next moment it's like he just couldn't care less. Needless to say, the only signing from this season that actually stayed around was found by me also.

If I were you I would stay until the end of the season and then re asses your situation, no point leaving now unles you come across something great :D

as for brian i would mail him and simply ask him is everything ok, maybe he will get back to you then, if not let me know and i'll have a word with him

Season 6 is almost over so now is a very good time to join there will be a lot of clubs looking for new players especially defenders, one of my clubs needs some CD's if anyone wants to join and make one ;)

I think we need 2 or 3 defenders to get the next team so people get your family and friends to join just to unlock the team if you have too

Right well the new season is just about to start and myself and and a few other experienced Irish users just set up a team in our 2nd division with the idea that it will be a training team for new users to get used to the game. We'd be happy to take any new guys on to the club or any one that would like to lend a hand is welcome as well.

I know a lot of people haven't joined cos they think it takes up too much time but you'd be welcome to join up to here and only play 30 minutes a week or so if you'd like.

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Wasters on one of the biggest shocks in the FID Irish league. Ye beat last years champs and are now sitting 4th in the league....

Pity that Muir are in 2nd and we beat yiz easily earlier in the season! But thanks for beating one of our big rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

yeah well done wasters

Good game Wasters...........

Thanks for my MoM award:p

Right its pre season now in FID so were looking to do a new recruitment drive below I've tried to explain what Footballidentity is and given you some useful links.

I've been playing this game for over a year and a half now and I really can't recommend it enough, It's an open beta with a very large Irish community and were all looking to try and get some fresh blood in time for the new season which starts shortly, Its a bit difficult to pin what the game is like in words but sure i'll give it a bash.

Footballidentity is a football world where all characters are controlled by real users. Managers, Players and even Journalists have a user behind them and together they form teams and play matches together in the world's first turn-based strategy game based upon football. Players play matches, train and develop their skills. Managers handle transfers/contracts, match tactics and manage their team members.

It's kind of like a 2D version of Fifa Be a Pro mode. But obviously all the other players on your team and the opposition's team are human controlled too

1) You have complete control of your player on the pitch. You tell him where to move, who to pass to, whether to shoot or try and take on your man etc.

2) The other players on your team are human controlled as well, so you don't have to worry about a robot player messing up a move. And when a human player DOES mess up a move, at least you can give him an earful

3) You can only train once a day, so you have to pick and choose which stats you want to train. Do you want to be a lightning fast Ronaldo type or an almost superhuman Essien type?

4) You don't have to be a player, if you've ever fancied yourdelf as a manager, give it a go here. It's slightly tougher than Football Manager 2010 as you're dealing with real people If you fancy yourself a writer, you could become a journalist instead, and write about the league, interview players, write reports on matches, whatever you want.

If your still a little confused as to what i'm saying watch the tutorial video here or better yet play some test matches and see what you think by checking out this link.

Give it a go and if you have any questions ask away ; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

the really important thing to mention is that wasters wanted are the most awesomest team in the league :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

When this thread was created, there were a few teams in the Irish league who didn't have any human players, so they were all controlled by the match engine. This made for boring matches against them as bots are crap and teams kept winning 10, 11, 12 - 0.

But shortly after this thread went up, and due to a strong recruitment drive from other players, the Irish league filled up quickly. The Irish league had 12 fully active and competitive teams; and the players kept coming! Now there's a competitive 2nd division in Ireland and it's 3 quarters full.

The Irish league has gotten very strong over the last few months, and it boasts a number of quality players. The teams who finished in the top 3 spots will be battling it out in Europe next season; and they'll represent the Irish league well, as they're strong teams (who have gotten stronger during pre-season due to some clever signings:))

It's a great game that has a fantastic community of players behind it. The Irish league is extremely competitive and I can see 6 or 7 teams challenging for the top 3 spots next season. Join the fun:D

If anyone new joins up you can post here and we will try and sort you out with a club or you can find me in game, heres the link to my main player :)

http://footballidentity.com/Player/PlayerGeneral/General/U59.aspx?id=2208

we only need 3 more players (2 defenders and 1 gk) to create a new team, Ireland 2a is improving all along and is a bit of craic and a good place to start for new guys. we also have lovely forums to talk about all sorts of stuff :D

tis my referral link find me if your a new guy/gal and need any help or post here and i'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

We just need 2 players now for a new team, 1 Goalkeeper and 1 Midfielder. Feel free to post if you've any questions. Plenty of boardsies on this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Philly_C wrote: »
    We just need 2 players now for a new team, 1 Goalkeeper and 1 Midfielder. Feel free to post if you've any questions. Plenty of boardsies on this now.

Registering now. Total noob but keen to play CM if that's possible. But I'll have a go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

geeky wrote: »
    Registering now. Total noob but keen to play CM if that's possible. But I'll have a go anywhere!

Cool good stuff. Yeah if you pick a CM we'll just need a Goalkeeper to sign up now for a new team to be created. Here's my user link if you want to ask any questions.

Crusaders FC are looking for a high-skilled goalkeeper. Good conditions, etc. Contact me if you have questions. http://footballidentity.com/Manager/ManagerGeneral/U64.aspx?id=71285

also looking for youngsters as backups - any position

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Joined as a defender if anyone is looking for one. Would be interested in giving the game ago.
    Here is my user profile:http://footballidentity.com/User/UserGeneral/U35.aspx

Joined as a defender if anyone is looking for one. Would be interested in giving the game ago.
    Here is my user profile:http://footballidentity.com/User/UserGeneral/U35.aspx

Log on to the forums, go to the Republic of Ireland section and post it up there. We're mid-season at the moment, the next season doesn't start til next Sunday, so there's a lot if transfers on at the moment.

There's also a big update happening in the game soon, as some players have reached a stage of being too well trained for reality. So they're changing it so that players can't max out at everything, instead you'll have to focus on certain things (ie. You can't be a massve, muscly defender that can also outsprint and out dribble every-one). This'll make the game fairer, even for complete newbies (although you will suck seriously for the first season or 2 til you build up stats). Another new change in the game is that once your player reaches the age of 24, training no longer raises your stats - instead you have to rain to maintain your level, like in reality. Also above 30 your stats start to decrease. Again this is to reflect reality and stop players from becoming super-human.

Muir going down tonight!

• Advertisement

myself and some of the other lads have set up2/3 academy teams where we'll help new guys learn the ropes, so if you want to join the game and give it a go, we'll help you out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

This game is still around and we are undertaking a new recruitment drive!

The Irish league in Football Identity has become an age capped league, catering for footballers aged 18 to 19. It is still the offseason period and the league begins next sunday. There have been a lot of improvements to the game since this thread was opened - things like momentum and national teams have been added. The game is still free to play and its easy to sign up. There are a bunch of clubs in the Irish top flight all looking for new players and there will be no major skill differences between players, so now is a great time to sign up and try the game!

http://footballidentity.com

Boro wrote: »
    This game is still around and we are undertaking a new recruitment drive!

The Irish league in Football Identity has become an age capped league, catering for footballers aged 18 to 19. It is still the offseason period and the league begins next sunday. There have been a lot of improvements to the game since this thread was opened - things like momentum and national teams have been added. The game is still free to play and its easy to sign up. There are a bunch of clubs in the Irish top flight all looking for new players and there will be no major skill differences between players, so now is a great time to sign up and try the game!

http://footballidentity.com

and not just Irish - I've a club in Ukraine that needs players, if anyone fancies an earlier time (7pm).

Once you've registered if you follow this link its to my user page, drop me a mail and i can give you a hand. Theres plenty of Irish clubs on the lookout for new guys at the minute thou so chances are you won't have long to wait before help and a contract is at hand.

http://footballidentity.com/User/UserGeneral/U53.aspx?id=2292

We're working together to rebuild the Irish community so it would be nice if you could make sure to sign for Irish clubs when you join :)

Just popping in here to let any old users who don't play anymore know, that national teams were finally released this week :D

Theres u21, u25 and senior squads, so if you want to give the game another lash theres a national team to be played in. League is capped at u20's also so plenty of irish clubs to join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Is there many people still playing it? I have not played in ages but I might make a comeback :D

ollie1 wrote: »
    Is there many people still playing it? I have not played in ages but I might make a comeback :D

Well worldwide, the user count is higher than its ever been. The average player age is a bit lower thou, they've been working on improving user retention rates, so more new guys stay in the game longer, so theres quite a lot more young users than oldies these days. In Ireland we hit a bad slump about 3 months ago, things are improving again now, like I mentioned earlier we reset the league so its very much youth orientated now, we're building from the ground up!

Advertisement