Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Well I think you're the type to be pretty active so you'll definitely deserve to hold onto the captaincy. Think about what I said about possibly retiring the character to create one in a new position though. The best positions to play IMO are FC, DC and SM.

Thank you! :D

I'm gonna persist with my guy just to be stubborn! :p Gonna try and make him a bit of an all rounder but as an ACM, he should be able to pop up with a couple of goals. I set him to be a speedbullet though so it's gonna be speed training for a bit now! It'll be nice to make some breaking runs from the middle to the back post or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

mars bar wrote: »
    Was honoured to be captain of team 11 for our first game.

Great game 12, ye had most of the possession and got forward quite a bit. Next time!

we'll whoop yer asses again :P

haha you can thank me for that it was just pure random choice that I picked up cos I liked your logo!

Good win for team 11. I agree team 12 was on top against us but we battled hard and got the 3 points which is what really matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

You're going to be playing against us next, Skulls of Ownage, the champions:D

We wont be taking it easy, our striker has a chance to become the top scorer in the entire game, so we want to make sure tha'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Well I think you're the type to be pretty active so you'll definitely deserve to hold onto the captaincy. Think about what I said about possibly retiring the character to create one in a new position though. The best positions to play IMO are FC, DC and SM.

Might do that myself. Played as a SD last night and touched the ball once. Not much fun if you don't get the ball at all.

How do I retire a character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Some matches you might only get one touch, other matches everything might go through you.

It does depend on what you do with your character, our left back is fantastic. Finished last season as our top assister and is going to finish this season the same.

Decide what type of player you want to be and then start training the stats to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Thank you! :D

I'm gonna persist with my guy just to be stubborn! :p Gonna try and make him a bit of an all rounder but as an ACM, he should be able to pop up with a couple of goals. I set him to be a speedbullet though so it's gonna be speed training for a bit now! It'll be nice to make some breaking runs from the middle to the back post or something.

Yeah speed is a bit overpowered in this game alright but it'd be essential in midfield so that you can catch up with play.
    doncarlos wrote: »
    Might do that myself. Played as a SD last night and touched the ball once. Not much fun if you don't get the ball at all.

How do I retire a character?

I actually meant to throw SD in there as the 4th best position to play. Like Ronan said, you might have a few games where you barely get the ball but tahts' just the way it goes. My striker has gone entire games where the ball doesn't come near! It just happens but because you're not getting the ball can be a good thing too - it can mean that you're positioning yourself so well that the opposition decide to not play the ball towards your position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Just seen this now. PM me if you want to join Sporting Muff (I'm the manager, nkay1985 and some other boards users play for them). We have finished second every season so far and its a lot of fun to play.

Just seen this now. PM me if you want to join Sporting Muff (I'm the manager, nkay1985 and some other boards users play for them). We have finished second every season so far and its a lot of fun to play.

Yeah, DMCs and DCs preferably. There might also be room for a rookie FC to learn from the best. :cool: (Tongue firmly in cheek by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Just seen this thread today and created a player, now looking for a team....fancy signing a young Wing Forward by the name of Alex Naysmith...heard he was quality for Knocklyon United as a school boy!! :D

• Advertisement

Guys I'm the team 11 manager (Team name for moment is wasters wanted FC).

If any of you are in team 12 or one of the other teams and are interested in joining our team then let me know and I'll submit a bid for you. I think we should focus on making one strong team so hoping to get the most active players from boards.ie all together in the one team in Football Identity.

all i ask is that you will train regularly and that you can make some matches.

If you are interested just post your player name/what team you are currently with here and I'll find you.

Guys I'm the team 11 manager (Team name for moment is wasters wanted FC).

If any of you are in team 12 or one of the other teams and are interested in joining our team then let me know and I'll submit a bid for you. I think we should focus on making one strong team so hoping to get the most active players from boards.ie all together in the one team in Football Identity.

all i ask is that you will train regularly and that you can make some matches.

If you are interested just post your player name/what team you are currently with here and I'll find you.

Do you want unattached players aswell? I just joined but will be able to train regularly and play matches - Alex Naysmith Wing Forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Meh, I wanted the Irish Eagles to become the boards team. I'm the assistant manager there.

Anybody else who is joining up keep that in mind. We badly need defenders and I think we need forwards too, not certain of that yet but its looking very likely. Side Defenders and Side Midfielders too.

Yes all active players are welcome!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Meh, I wanted the Irish Eagles to become the boards team. I'm the assistant manager there.

Anybody else who is joining up keep that in mind. We badly need defenders and I think we need forwards too, not certain of that yet but its looking very likely. Side Defenders and Side Midfielders too.

Bit of competition for ye would be good ;) plus I've a 100% record as a manager. 1 game 1 win :D

gibson wrote: »
    Do you want unattached players aswell? I just joined but will be able to train regularly and play matches - Alex Naysmith Wing Forward!
    I've asked the manager to send you an offer for Irish Eagles. Guaranteed starting on the first team if you are signed up so wait until he gives you and offer.

• Advertisement

I've already sent you an offer. I also guarantee we'll finish ahead of Irish eagles this season and next season :D

This is class I only signed up yesterday and now im in high demand that im being guaranteed first team football by 2 managers :D

Must've been my days at Knocklyon United and Dundrum Athletic :):p

This is class I only signed up yesterday and now im in high demand that im being guaranteed first team football by 2 managers :D

I just know talent when I see it :D.

I've made a contract offer anyway if you prove to be active (i.e. training nearly every day and around for some matches at least) then I'll increase it.

Did he guarantee you first team football?

Believe me when I tell you that the Eagles will be a force next season, I will make sure of that. I'm working on adding players all the time as we have too many inactives. Since I became assistant manager we have brought in 3 new players who will definitely be active over the long term.

I'm not stupid enough to guarantee finishing ahead of anybody next season as you can't tell that this early. Our focus is on building a team this season to be competitive next season.
    So I can guarantee that there is no pressure on you while you get used to the game.

Well to end all the speculation Ive accepted the contract offer from Wasters Wanted Fc :)

Whens the next game gaffer!

Eagle Eye that was the only offer I had so far I didnt see one from your manager

• Advertisement

Well to end all the speculation Ive accepted the contract offer from Wasters Wanted Fc :)

Eagle Eye that was the only offer I had so far I didnt see one from your manager
    Well I asked you to wait but so be it.

All I can tell you is that I only joined a few days ago and have been watching a lot of games and I'm confident that I can beat this game with good tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

You've made the right choice! :D

doncarlos wrote: »
    You've made the right choice! :D

Are you on the team as well then ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I've set up an account on this, player name is Boris Debladov, centre mid.

Looking to join a team if possible.

I'm not stupid enough to guarantee finishing ahead of anybody next season as you can't tell that this early.

Well your no Rafa B so that's good! :D

Welcome to the team!

I've set up an account on this, player name is Boris Debladov, centre mid.

Looking to join a team if possible.
    The Eagles will sign you up if you want, you should have an offer from us now.

Well your no Rafa B so that's good! :D

Welcome to the team!

cheers, what position do you play? have you played many matches?

cheers, what position do you play? have you played many matches?

I've just played the one match (as captain too!). I'm an Attacking Central Mid. Played a wide role the last night but saw none of the ball as I was just getting my head around it. I had their no.3 in my back pocket though! :P

It's really good fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Team 12's or Ireland bulls as we are now called, private forum is now set up..
    how many people here are on team 12 actually just out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

you got one team twelve here anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Here lads, decided to give this ago. Created a player, how do I find a team?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Here lads, decided to give this ago. Created a player, how do I find a team?
    Join the Irish Eagles Archi.

Just post your player name and I'll get the manager to send you an offer.

PM Sent EE ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm on Ireland's Bulls(such a cheesy, unoriginal name:P), harpy.

Lads I'm loving the competition to sign players. Any new player being created is being snapped up in minutes!

We should have a fully active league no next season no problem if this continues.

@Eagle Eye: How did you end up becoming the assistant manager at Irish Eagles? How active is your manager?

And Ireland Bulls players: is your manager active?

Lads I'm loving the competition to sign players. Any new player being created is being snapped up in minutes!

We should have a fully active league no next season no problem if this continues.

@Eagle Eye: How did you end up becoming the assistant manager at Irish Eagles? How active is your manager?

And Ireland Bulls players: is your manager active?
    Manager is on everyday. I signed up because he was online a couple of times so I presume the team was going to be busy.

This is bull****, Archimedes wanted to sign for us but he accidentally took an offer that he thought was from us.

They put offers in for every new player the minute they sign up. Should be a bit of fairness in this. Like I asked him to sign up here and he wanted to signe for us.

Manager is on everyday. I signed up because he was online a couple of times so I presume the team was going to be busy.

This is bull****, Archimedes wanted to sign for us but he accidentally took an offer that he thought was from us.

Didn't realise the level of activity, assumed the first offer I'd get was the one I'd set up! Apologies :o

Haha, the fight for players here is brilliant! :D

Can I get transferred over or am I stuck?

• Advertisement

They put offers in for every new player the minute they sign up. Should be a bit of fairness in this. Like I asked him to sign up here and he wanted to signe for us.

In this instance I think highgiant should be decent about it and let Archi move to you guys for free.

Didn't realise the level of activity, assumed the first offer I'd get was the one I'd set up! Apologies :o
    In all fairness how were you to know, you are a newbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lads just signed up

who wants to sign an forward who will get ya 30 goals a season

(kinda like berba at united) ;)

In all fairness how were you to know, you are a newbie.

Dont know where I read them, whether it was this thread or the FI site itself but when I saw the offer, the Wasters name stood out and I thought "ah, theres eagle eyes offer" so I accepted it. My fault, hopefully they'll be decent and let me transfer if its possible?

Dont know where I read them, whether it was this thread or the FI site itself but when I saw the offer, the Wasters name stood out and I thought "ah, theres eagle eyes offer" so I accepted it. My fault, hopefully they'll be decent and let me transfer if its possible?

You got signed by the better team, why would ya want to move?! :p

Nah, fair is fair. Highgiant should be okay about it I'd say.

You got signed by the better team, why would ya want to move?! :p

Nah, fair is fair. Highgiant should be okay about it I'd say.

Yeah I think he will in fairness. Fairly intense rivalries developing already. :D

• Advertisement

Bit of a Jon Obi Mikel moment lol. Highgiant said its fine, I'll be an Eagle tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

bid in from wasters wanted fc and im waiting an offer from Irish Eagles FC tough decisions

Yeah I think he will in fairness. Fairly intense rivalries developing already. :D

There is alright, I'm putting you on my ignore list right now.

:D

but1er wrote: »
    bid in from wasters wanted fc and im waiting an offer from Irish Eagles FC tough decisions

Wasters Wanted FC, do it, do it!

There is alright, I'm putting you on my ignore list right now.

:D

Go on so, do it. Sure Wasters Wanted won't even be on The Muff's radar next season - all we'll see is 6 points. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement