Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

mars bar wrote: »
    Wasters Wanted FC, do it, do it!

i have

you got a link to there fourm on the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Go on so, do it. Sure Wasters Wanted won't even be on The Muff's radar next season - all we'll see is 6 points. :P

Haha!
    but1er wrote: »
    i have

you got a link to there fourm on the site?

We haven't had our private forum approved yet I think, waiting on a mod to do it. I see you've posted in our general forum though.

have i?

cant say i no what im doing kinda clicking buttons ha

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Right lads. Anyone looking for a solid wing back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

but1er wrote: »
    lads just signed up

who wants to sign an forward who will get ya 30 goals a season

(kinda like berba at united) ;)

More like 26 goals in 86 games :mad: i really despise berbaflop

More like 26 goals in 86 games :mad: i really despise berbaflop

that was the look i was going 4 ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Signed for the wasters,styles dunley DCM,how do the matches work?is there any sort of practice thingy so I can get used to matches before our actual game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Lads I'm loving the competition to sign players. Any new player being created is being snapped up in minutes!

We should have a fully active league no next season no problem if this continues.

@Eagle Eye: How did you end up becoming the assistant manager at Irish Eagles? How active is your manager?

And Ireland Bulls players: is your manager active?

Im a bull and the manager seems quite active. I missed Sundays game so I said id stick my head in and watch some of the second half of the b teams game last night and he was in watchin the match as I got talking to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

And Ireland Bulls players: is your manager active?
    he seems to login a fair bit had a quick chat with him. he introduced himself in the forum etc. had the training set up, trained what i needed trained. He's a Portuguese chap so i dont know if he'll be shopping for boards people. Im gonna suggest it anyway but i highly doubt he'll be able to access the soccer forum.

not sure how many active players we're going to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That's good news that he's been online a bit. It just seems strange to me that he hasn't been watching the Irish forum like a hawk like Daz has. There's easily 6 or 7 players he could have tried to sign in the last couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That's good news that he's been online a bit. It just seems strange to me that he hasn't been watching the Irish forum like a hawk like Daz has. There's easily 6 or 7 players he could have tried to sign in the last couple of days.

Maybe he's planning a Wenger/Benitez tactic of bringing over a few lads from his homeland. We could have a mix of Portuguese flair with Irish tenacity!

Maybe he's planning a Wenger/Benitez tactic of bringing over a few lads from his homeland. We could have a mix of Portuguese flair with Irish tenacity!

HA!! I was just about to say that.... but I was going to go with a mourinho analogy. With all the trappings of success that go along with ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nkay I sent you a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

mars bar wrote: »
    Haha!

We haven't had our private forum approved yet I think, waiting on a mod to do it. I see you've posted in our general forum though.

woah this thread has taken off!

First off player who signed for wasters and realised after his mates team was a different team. - No problem at all you're free to move clubs I'll let you go on a free if you set the option to allow me to terminate your contract.

Why I signed you (and others) so quickly is because
    a ) our team is new so we don't have a full team of active players yet and b ) also a new player if not approach by a club is likely to not get involved in the game so I've approach new players as soon as I see them.

However I'll never keep a player against there will esp in this case where the just accepted the wrong contract.

Regarding our team forum - I'm waiting for this to be set up. The admins of the game have to do this for us so all we can do is wait. I requested the forum monday morning so shouldn't take much longer till we have it i hope.

Next game is wednesday night 8:45pm! Unfort we're against one of the big teams so it'll be damage limitation however it'll be a good game to see how the big sides play.

here’s a tutorial about how to play the match:
    Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Any players still interested we still need defenders/goalkeepers esp!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Created a Character called Eoin Shanahan, playing as a Side midfielder

Next game is wednesday night 8:45pm! Unfort we're against one of the big teams so it'll be damage limitation however it'll be a good game to see how the big sides play.

Big side. Go away out of that. :P

Will a certain centre half be playing to less than his normal ability?

Created a Character called Eoin Shanahan, playing as a Side midfielder

I could sign ya but i'll give one of the other teams a chance to sign you instead If no one picks u up by tomorrow though Ill offer you a contract.

Esp looking for defenders/goal keeper still for Wasters Wanted FC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

woah this thread has taken off!

First off player who signed for wasters and realised after his mates team was a different team. - No problem at all you're free to move clubs I'll let you go on a free if you set the option to allow me to terminate your contract.

Why I signed you (and others) so quickly is because
    a ) our team is new so we don't have a full team of active players yet and b ) also a new player if not approach by a club is likely to not get involved in the game so I've approach new players as soon as I see them.

However I'll never keep a player against there will esp in this case where the just accepted the wrong contract.

Regarding our team forum - I'm waiting for this to be set up. The admins of the game have to do this for us so all we can do is wait. I requested the forum monday morning so shouldn't take much longer till we have it i hope.

here’s a tutorial about how to play the match:
    Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Any players still interested we still need defenders/goalkeepers esp!!

thanks for the tutorial nice over view of how the match is actually played

Big side. Go away out of that. :P

Will a certain centre half be playing to less than his normal ability?

that centre half has been dropped from the team :eek:. Apparently due to loss of form :confused: crazy decision i tells ya but I asked to be dropped as I want to focus on the new team to help get them set up. plus tbh theres no doubting ICFC will win it they're way more skilled while for many of our team it'll be their first game.

• Advertisement

that centre half has been dropped from the team :eek:. Apparently due to loss of form :confused: crazy decision i tells ya but I asked to be dropped as I want to focus on the new team to help get them set up. plus tbh theres no doubting ICFC will win it they're way more skilled while for many of our team it'll be their first game.

I didn't want to say anything but his form has been steadily dropping alright. :D

Ah yeah it'll be a baptism of fire but it'll be good for them to watch how experienced lads play. If you could manage to get the lads anyway organised for this game I think you could call it a success, no matter what the score.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Dont know where I read them, whether it was this thread or the FI site itself but when I saw the offer, the Wasters name stood out and I thought "ah, theres eagle eyes offer" so I accepted it. My fault, hopefully they'll be decent and let me transfer if its possible?

so I can sack you (and then you can join your mates team) I need you to do the following (can you post here to let me know when you've done this and I'll release you).

go to your character page->click the Contr. & Transf tab->then click the yellow square box of the contract with wasters ->when you go into that it should be down the bottom left an option called make terminateable.

also whats your player name?

I didn't want to say anything but his form has been steadily dropping alright. :D

Ah yeah it'll be a baptism of fire but it'll be good for them to watch how experienced lads play. If you could manage to get the lads anyway organised for this game I think you could call it a success, no matter what the score.

I just can't believe we've still not got a team forum yet its very annoying.

TBH i've a team of mids/forwards set its just a goal keeper and one or two more defenders I need really for the team and then I'll over time add in some more experienced players to give us a boost.

I just can't believe we've still not got a team forum yet its very annoying.

TBH i've a team of mids/forwards set its just a goal keeper and one or two more defenders I need really for the team and then I'll over time add in some more experienced players to give us a boost.

Yeah it's very tough to get a keeper. We've not really had one since the end of Season 2 which is a bit scary!

Is Kingstown setting up your forum? He's usually really good.

I could sign ya but i'll give one of the other teams a chance to sign you instead If no one picks u up by tomorrow though Ill offer you a contract.

Esp looking for defenders/goal keeper still for Wasters Wanted FC!

Thank's very much mate

Thank's very much mate
    Offer sent from Irish Eagles if you are interested. Accept it tonight and you can play tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I have signed with Sporting Muff as they were the first to contact me and that seems fair.

Thank you for the offers.

I have signed with Sporting Muff as they were the first to contact me and that seems fair.

Thank you for the offers.

Oh right. Welcome to my team so! I'm Paulo Twochops. Didn't know we were in the market for a SM but there you go. We're playing a team we should beat easily tomorrow night so you should get to play anyway.

If anybody else is signing up that intends to give it a good go, let me know. We need two CDs urgently and a SD. Guaranteed games if you sign up using them positions.

We are only a new team so its gonna be fun building it. Irish Eagles FC is the team.

Oh right. Welcome to my team so! I'm Paulo Twochops.

Thanks very much mate. I'm Eoin Shanahan, looking forward to learning to play and playing with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Oh right. Welcome to my team so! I'm Paulo Twochops. Didn't know we were in the market for a SM but there you go. We're playing a team we should beat easily tomorrow night so you should get to play anyway.

Ah, you're Paulo Twochops. I was wondering who your character was:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm on Ireland's Bulls(such a cheesy, unoriginal name:P), harpy.

oi now, less of it... The names starting to grow on me i think it'd be better even if it was Irish Bulls. but sure its not the name that matters, its what we do on the pitch or should i say the screen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Wish the Shamrock manager would try and sign a few of the new Boards lads. We're badly in need of a few subs to cover absences.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Ah, you're Paulo Twochops. I was wondering who your character was:D

Ah I thought you would have worked it out on the FID forums what with the big jersey with my name on it in my sig. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am dissapointed I checked the site today (Haven't been on it since Monday morning) and checked the squad line up and I am on the bench :( I didn't think I played that bad in the match :(. Hurts. I am on the Bulls by the way. Damn Portugesse manager, turning me into a racist he is :D

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I am dissapointed I checked the site today (Haven't been on it since Monday morning) and checked the squad line up and I am on the bench :( I didn't think I played that bad in the match :(. Hurts. I am on the Bulls by the way. Damn Portugesse manager, turning me into a racist he is :D

That sounds wrong in fairness. Send him a mail telling him you'll be on and asking to be put back in the starting 11. He probably just made a mistake I'd say.

Reganio 2 wrote: »

and if he still won't play ya let me know ;).

TBH one thing I'd say is difficult to have a starting XI when you don't know who'll be on line I may end up starting someone on the bench that will be on if they dont tell me in advance :(. have team forum now so will be setting that up shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That sounds wrong in fairness. Send him a mail telling him you'll be on and asking to be put back in the starting 11. He probably just made a mistake I'd say.
    Yeah just sent him a message telling him I am training every day and the usual hopefully he see's it.

TBH one thing I'd say is difficult to have a starting XI when you don't know who'll be on line I may end up starting someone on the bench that will be on if they dont tell me in advance :(. have team forum now so will be setting that up shortly
    Will do. Hoping it was just a guess at who was active. But sure we will see tonight anyway :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Sickened our goalkeepers left us, Ireland Bulls that is...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Missed team training yesterday due to family emergency (I swear!) but will definitely be on line for the Bulls final game tonight. Does missing team training affect you negatively? I still trained my character anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Have to say great game! Only playing a week and I'm hooked. Decided to play in the french second division with a team called nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

eagle eye wrote: »
    If anybody else is signing up that intends to give it a good go, let me know. We need two CDs urgently and a SD. Guaranteed games if you sign up using them positions.

We are only a new team so its gonna be fun building it. Irish Eagles FC is the team.

I've just created a CD there:)

niallo24 wrote: »
    Does missing team training affect you negatively? I still trained my character anyway.

well its at least 3 times more beneficial than training yourself. You get to train 3 things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Even though I missed my last match, the bot did well! Rating: 7.2, 1 assist, 1 important pass, 3 interceptions. Not bad :D

Hopefully I won't be so bad when I control him!

Wasters Wanted ftw!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Even though I missed my last match, the bot did well! Rating: 7.2, 1 assist, 1 important pass, 3 interceptions. Not bad :D

Hopefully I won't be so bad when I control him!

Wasters Wanted ftw!

I'd struggle to get that in a match I'm playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Ah I thought you would have worked it out on the FID forums what with the big jersey with my name on it in my sig. :D

:o Should have copped on to that, where's my head at....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Garyfenton

doncarlos wrote: »
    Might do that myself. Played as a SD last night and touched the ball once. Not much fun if you don't get the ball at all.

How do I retire a character?

Been meaning to reply to this as it caught my eye, but I've only just got access to the forum.

I'm an SD and love it now. Yeah first few games were kinda boringly diabolical, I used to play in their half chasing the ball, but when you come up against 11 actives, believe me you really will be busy.

Plus, SDs are kinda rare, so once you get a bit developed you'll be inundated with offers - 2 or 3 a week at this point for loadsa money... I haven't taken any up on it as I love Muff too much... does that sound gay??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Harpy wrote: »
    Sickened our goalkeepers left us, Ireland Bulls that is...:mad:

Haha, that was me..

Don't let it bother you, i'm probably going to play one game and then give up. Whole thing looks a bit siht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Garyfenton

Haha, that was me..

Don't let it bother you, i'm probably going to play one game and then give up. Whole thing looks a bit siht.

Haha, that's the spirit!

It has a lot of potental, pity a bigger company hasn't picked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I'll be available tonight for the match, not sure if were suppose to communicate on here or on there!

Advertisement