Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We have a private forum now Gibson so I'd say post over there. Highgiant has put up a provisional kind of team if ya want to take a look at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I can't access the private forum for some reason? The Ireland Bulls one (even though I am a player!)

Let your manager know and he should be able to add you to the list of players. (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

mars bar wrote: »
    We have a private forum now Gibson so I'd say post over there. Highgiant has put up a provisional kind of team if ya want to take a look at it...

cheers just had a look, i start from the bench for my first game hopefully ill get some playing time :D

whats ur player name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

I cannot believe Wasters Wanted poached our goalkeeper! you horrible b@stards :) Couldn't have waited till the off season. Facing the league leaders and one of the most prolific scorers in the game with no keeper... This my friend is an informal declaration of shenanigans upon your team. Good day to you sir

• Advertisement

Let your manager know and he should be able to add you to the list of players. (I think)

I am sure this is going to sound really retarded but how do you mail him?? When I go to create a message it asks me to click add recipiants, but there is nothing there when I click it. It wont let me manually enter someones user name.

Do you have to add him as a contact first? Not sure how to do that either!

Actually if someone could just tell me if I am in the starting line up that would solve all problems, the names Niles O'Mahony.

niallo24 wrote: »
    I am sure this is going to sound really retarded but how do you mail him?? When I go to create a message it asks me to click add recipiants, but there is nothing there when I click it. It wont let me manually enter someones user name.

Actually if someone could just tell me if I am in the starting line up that would solve all problems, the names Niles O'Mahony.

find his profile under your team then it'll give you an option to mail him

gibson wrote: »
    cheers just had a look, i start from the bench for my first game hopefully ill get some playing time :D

whats ur player name?

My fellas name is Speedy Gonzalez. I'd say if you're goin to be online and there is a few not on, you could start. Much better than having bots. Go into the private forum and say that you are going to be online (if you are).

Nah it doesn't sound retarded at all coz the messages thing is weird!

What's your players name?

Do as Gibson says: Here's a screenshot where to find it:
    28293_10150196083070307_737165306_12391263_857023_n.jpg

My fellas name is Speedy Gonzalez. I'd say if you're goin to be online and there is a few not on, you could start. Much better than having bots. Go into the private forum and say that you are going to be online (if you are).

where is the private forum? i went into forums but cant seem to find it :confused:

edit - ah got it i see theres a few available for tonights game

Sent him a message there telling him I am available. COME ON THE BULLS!!

Cue me being absolutely ****e in my first real game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I could say "No you'll be grand don't worry" but you will be ****! :D

It's quite hard to get used to at first but within a game or two you'll start to understand the controls and that better. The main thing in this game is thinking like a proper soccer match, which is why I love it. You have to get open for passes when on the offense, position yourself correctly when defending etc. Then when your back four start to get organised you can start playing offsides and stuff. It's great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

How do you know if you're starting?

When does the team train? I didn't even know about that.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Garyfenton

baz2009 wrote: »
    How do you know if you're starting?

When does the team train? I didn't even know about that.:o

Click on the Team tab and have a look at the locker room link, it shows the team that is set at that point.

Your team training will be probably before a match on either Sundays or Wednesdays - it will appear as a link the day before (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I could say "No you'll be grand don't worry" but you will be ****! :D

It's quite hard to get used to at first but within a game or two you'll start to understand the controls and that better. The main thing in this game is thinking like a proper soccer match, which is why I love it. You have to get open for passes when on the offense, position yourself correctly when defending etc. Then when your back four start to get organised you can start playing offsides and stuff. It's great fun.

Listen to this newbies (Well I am one as well) Don't expect it to be like Pro Evo Be a pro and you wave your arm and are getting the ball every time. If you touch the ball once you had a good game :D. Sent the gaffer a message but he hasn't replied so don't know what's happening.

I am thinking of getting rid of my guy and signing up as SD for next season. Will have to see how things go tonight.

Yay, I'm starting.:D

You wont be the only one my first game as well if i come off the bench!

What do you do on a match day? Do you have to log in a bit before kick off or how do you "enter" the game?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Listen to this newbies (Well I am one as well) Don't expect it to be like Pro Evo Be a pro and you wave your arm and are getting the ball every time. If you touch the ball once you had a good game :D. Sent the gaffer a message but he hasn't replied so don't know what's happening.

I am thinking of getting rid of my guy and signing up as SD for next season. Will have to see how things go tonight.

What position are you at the moment Reg?
    gibson wrote: »
    You wont be the only one my first game as well if i come off the bench!

What do you do on a match day? Do you have to log in a bit before kick off or how do you "enter" the game?

The 'Next Match:' text on your character page becomes a link 5 or 10 minutes before the start of the match. You just click it and it opens a new window with the match in it.

When playing a match, to avoid lag it's best to only have the Football Identity site open in one window and the match open in another window; no other tabs if possible. And Google Chrome is the best browser to use although I use Firefox and have never had any problems.

Only 20 minutes to go, now, so excited.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just put my name down ill be happy for 5 10 min playing time only on 2 days

The 'Next Match:' text on your character page becomes a link 5 or 10 minutes before the start of the match. You just click it and it opens a new window with the match in it.

When playing a match, to avoid lag it's best to only have the Football Identity site open in one window and the match open in another window; no other tabs if possible. And Google Chrome is the best browser to use although I use Firefox and have never had any problems.

cool ive been looking at tutorials to get myself ready!

an hour to kick off for my first match :D

• Advertisement

Fcuk, I was thinking of CL starting times.:p

Fcuk, I was thinking of CL starting times.:p

I was thinking I nearly missed the start of my first match when I read your comment!!

Am a Centre Mid at the mo. I don't mind it there but their is loads of CM's in the game so I though SD would be good as I enjoy playing Left Full IRL so why not :D
    That frightened the life out of me don't ever do that again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Im nervous for this tonight:/ Looked over the tutorial but I'm more of a ''learn by playing'' person:s, Should be fun though! Is there ''half times?''

Im nervous for this tonight:/ Looked over the tutorial but I'm more of a ''learn by playing'' person:s, Should be fun though! Is there ''half times?''

Yeah the game stops for like 5 mins at half time.

Great, nice little smoke break while getting constructive critisism:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

i start :O

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Am a Centre Mid at the mo. I don't mind it there but their is loads of CM's in the game so I though SD would be good as I enjoy playing Left Full IRL so why not :D

Yeah that's not a bad idea actually. As an SD, if you get anyway decent you end up very much in demand like Garyfenton said who's by far and away the best side defender.
    Great, nice little smoke break while getting constructive critisism:)

Don't worry we don't care how you do tonight Eoin. We all had to start somewhere! I've put you in the starting lineup at left centre mid and we'll see about maybe moving you to the wing at some stage during the game.

Yeah that's not a bad idea actually. As an SD, if you get anyway decent you end up very much in demand like Garyfenton said who's by far and away the best side defender.

Don't worry we don't care how you do tonight Eoin. We all had to start somewhere! I've put you in the starting lineup at left centre mid and we'll see about maybe moving you to the wing at some stage during the game.

Cheers mate, I'll try my best I'll promise you that:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Starting too :D

How do you get into the match screen, or will it automatically open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Archimedes wrote: »

This.

Starting on a 4-5-1. The team we're playing are way above us. Last game of the season, hopefully Wasters Wanted can cause a shock!

Anyone on here play for SkullsofOwnage?

Whats the story with the chat feature? When I click it kind of pops up but I can't see anything after that??

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This.

Here you go lads.

Click the Character tab and at the top it should say "Next Match: Whoever" That will turn into a link in the 2 mins I think and you click that and it brings you to the match.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This.

Starting on a 4-5-1. The team we're playing are way above us. Last game of the season, hopefully Wasters Wanted can cause a shock!

yes we will!! :D

I'm in :D

I'm so nervous :P

Best of luck lads.

Ugh, I'm in goals.:(

Woot, half time, losing 5-0!

We're gonna win 6-5 though :D

• Advertisement

Full time 8-0 loss. According to the winning team, we weren't that bad :)

8 - 0, great second half though from us!

12-0 loss for Ireland Bulls against SkullsofOwnAge.:(

Enjoyed that game Sporting Muff, cheers;D

Enjoyed that game Sporting Muff, cheers;D

Good lad Eoin. Is Eoin the only one of the new Boardsies to score on his debut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well we lost 2-0 but we didn't have a full team.

Archimedes made a sparkling debut, it was between him and no.7 for MoM imo.

We need more players guys, just let me know here if you want to join me and Archimedes at Irish Eagles FC.

We want to make this the real SF team.

Good lad Eoin. Is Eoin the only one of the new Boardsies to score on his debut?

I didn't know much about it but no complaints:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I can see why this game is so addictive. That time flew. Would love if a few more of the regulars could join up with the Eagles, would make communication a lot easier. A couple of centre backs are needed - I had to move in to CB towards the end but playing at the back is where all the fun is at ;)

Well we (Ireland Bulls) got hammered but we never stood a chance against that opposition. The league will be fairly unbalanced for a bit until everyone gets trained up, looking forward to the challenge though!

8 - 0, great second half though from us!

Thought we were a lot better second half even tried to get some balls up to 19 up front. we were pegged back a lot but i thought our shape was fairly good we just got hit with their speed.

I thought i was starting from the bench so imagine my surprise when i clicked into the match screen and i was starting hehe

• Advertisement
Advertisement