Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

gibson wrote: »
    Thought we were a lot better second half even tried to get some balls up to 19 up front. we were pegged back a lot but i thought our shape was fairly good we just got hit with their speed.

I thought i was starting from the bench so imagine my surprise when i clicked into the match screen and i was starting hehe

Who were you?

I was number 6 :P

Our second half was quite good, keeper made a string of saves! I didn't get the ball much, kept being intercepted.

19 made some good forward runs, but we couldn't really supply him. It's a pity one bot was defence, cos we could have had a few offside moves against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Garyfenton

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Who were you?

Our second half was quite good, keeper made a string of saves! I didn't get the ball much, kept being intercepted.

Try receiving the ball further up the line. The guy who receives it the highest up the line has the best chance to get it, depending on their skill levels.

There ya go, my tip for the day...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Who were you?

19 made some good forward runs, but we couldn't really supply him. It's a pity one bot was defence, cos we could have had a few offside moves against them.

I'm 14 I played right back my debut :D hope i didnt let the team down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

baz2009 wrote: »
    Anyone on here play for SkullsofOwnage?

Yeo, I'm a Skulls player. Sorry for the late reply, I was away from a computer untill about 21:20.

12-0 to Skulls was probably not much of a surprise (no offence) considering for most of you it was you're first match, and you didn't have a proper keeper.

Still, you'll be stronger by next season, which will make things interesting.

when does the new season start?

In about two or three weeks I think. In the meantime there will be pre-season friendlies (same match times) so it's a great opertunity for the new teams to gel.

Excellent I definitely need more matches under my belt! Its addictive though!

It really is, I created my character last Christmas, still as addicted as ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The bulls have got their first Portuguese player I see. Nice to see the manager using connections back home to strengthen us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Yeo, I'm a Skulls player. Sorry for the late reply, I was away from a computer untill about 21:20.

12-0 to Skulls was probably not much of a surprise (no offence) considering for most of you it was you're first match, and you didn't have a proper keeper.

Still, you'll be stronger by next season, which will make things interesting.

lets be honest even next season for all the new sides anything less than 8-0 against one of the top 5 established sides is like a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Our second half was quite good, keeper made a string of saves!

That was me \o/

Actually thought it was really good craic, the time flew by. We started off shakey, as it was most peoples first game, but we came together to have a much better second half.

Some great runs and better passing. Our main problem was that we were out skilled by our low abilities, speed etc.

Gutted that i went the right way for a peno, seemed to come before the ball, but the ball went in anyway.

Looking forward to playing again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

ShooterSF wrote: »
    The bulls have got their first Portuguese player I see. Nice to see the manager using connections back home to strengthen us :D

Next Ronaldo or next Nani?! Only time will tell...

That was me \o/

Actually thought it was really good craic, the time flew by. We started off shakey, as it was most peoples first game, but we came together to have a much better second half.

Some great runs and better passing. Our main problem was that we were out skilled by our low abilities, speed etc.

Gutted that i went the right way for a peno, seemed to come before the ball, but the ball went in anyway.

Looking forward to playing again :)

I was praying you would save that peno the guy who took it is cocky as **** and has never missed a peno! It looked for a second like you had saved it though! You did well in fairness some very good saves! Unfort the higher skills of the other players showed. Speed gap is way to big at the moment all new players need to get their speed upto 70 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I was praying you would save that peno the guy who took it is cocky as **** and has never missed a peno! It looked for a second like you had saved it though! You did well in fairness some very good saves! Unfort the higher skills of the other players showed. Speed gap is way to big at the moment all new players need to get their speed upto 70 min.

70??? That will take absolutely ages, only at 36 at the moment. So that means I have to train speed every day for the next 60 odd days? All the while not improving anything else.

Could be here a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

niallo24 wrote: »
    70??? That will take absolutely ages, only at 36 at the moment. So that means I have to train speed every day for the next 60 odd days? All the while not improving anything else.

Could be here a while...

I'm only at 35 myself. I assume the higher you get the less you get trained each day so it could take a lot lot longer than 60 days. Speed seems to be far to high a factor in this game

• Advertisement

Could be here a while...

yeah I agree speed makes to big a difference unfort. TBH thats why I think the best type of player to start this game with is as a speeding bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Alrite lads joined myself yesterday im team 13 in the second division, should i angle for a transfer or will this division have a couple of teams in it

duffman13 wrote: »
    Alrite lads joined myself yesterday im team 13 in the second division, should i angle for a transfer or will this division have a couple of teams in it

That's your call. It will take a while to fill out that league, but we have had three teams set up in the last week (mainly from this thread) so it may fill out faster.

It's good practice playing against bots, but if the league takes longer to fill you may get sick of that.

What position are you? My team Sporting Muff is still looking for some new guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I play in the french league 2 and there is a mix of bot and human teams. Playing against bots is a good way to learn the game. if you go into the forums there is a lot of teams looking for players now and in most leagues they speak english.

In saying that the Irish league seems to be expanding very quickly sine the start of this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Garyfenton wrote: »
    That's your call. It will take a while to fill out that league, but we have had three teams set up in the last week (mainly from this thread) so it may fill out faster.

It's good practice playing against bots, but if the league takes longer to fill you may get sick of that.

What position are you? My team Sporting Muff is still looking for some new guys.

Im in as a full back, it'd be an interesting way to learn i suppose. sooner the better i get a game in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anybody else want to sign up for the Irish Eagles.

Come on guys, this is a great game. You actually play your position in the game. Archimedes played his first game last night for us and was brilliant, his rating is shooting up already.

If anybody is joining up, if you decide to be a CB we want you, we will take another SD also.

I think that guys that have actually played the game in real life have a huge advantage in this game. You just stick to you position. I've watched players with high ratings get owned by newbies who know their positon.

FYI Archie last night was marking a guy with a big rating and owned him the whole match.

This is a team game, everybody has to do their bit. Its what makes it so exciting for me. You actually play the match too, its not just about preparing your player, you actually play the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Could be here a while...

I am at 53. I seem to be one of the faster new guys.

The body type you choose at the beginning determines what your stats will be like. People who choose speed bullet will usually have a speed of around 52/53 at the start. I chose all-rounder when I started, and had a speed of 35 at the begining; now I have 83:D

Also, now that we have a second division, relegation will apply next year, so that'll make the other end of the table interesting as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Just signed up.

Use ID is Spartak101 for anyone looking for a winger

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Also, now that we have a second division, relegation will apply next year, so that'll make the other end of the table interesting as well.
    So will my team (Bulls) be in Division 2 next season?

Reganio 2 wrote: »

if not we'll be sending them down there next season :p

Reganio 2 wrote: »

I don't know if it's one or two teams that get relegated, either way you're fine as you're in 10th place.

Also, I don't think any team will be relegated this season as it wouldn't be fair, it will be in play next season AFAIK.

Could be here a while...
    doncarlos wrote: »
    I'm only at 35 myself. I assume the higher you get the less you get trained each day so it could take a lot lot longer than 60 days. Speed seems to be far to high a factor in this game

Well if things are going well and you are proving yourself as reliable the manager can always give you a pay rise: more money = faster training

Well if things are going well and you are proving yourself as reliable the manager can always give you a pay rise: more money = faster training

thats a cool feature when you look at how slow it could be from when you join - my speed is only like 50 but i need to get it up to about 70!

thats a cool feature when you look at how slow it could be from when you join - my speed is only like 50 but i need to get it up to about 70!

Took a couple of guys in my team about two and a half seasons, but they're on 100 speed now. I've a bit to go

• Advertisement

Took a couple of guys in my team about two and a half seasons, but they're on 100 speed now. I've a bit to go

yeah its not fun having to speed so long training speed but it is vital in the game.

yeah its not fun having to speed so long training speed but it is vital in the game.

what do get to do at the team training? You were saying we can train 3 attributes or something?

My speed was 50.

After a week, it's now 56.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

what do get to do at the team training? You were saying we can train 3 attributes or something?

The manager chooses three different attributes for each position: goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and forward. You will train the three attributes which the manager has selected for your position. Normally you train only one attribute a day, so its three times the training.

Note that you can't do individual and team training on the same day. This was the mistake I always made at the start: doing individual training first thing every morning when I logged into FI, and so I wouldn't be able to do team training the day it was on.

The response in the FID world due to this thread has been fantastic. Not only do we have a fully active league now, but the 2nd division has also become active.

We need more new players, mainly strikers and defenders (everyone wants to be a midfielder for some reason). Tell your friends, tell them to tell their friends; keep spreading the word and we might have a fully active 2nd division by season 6.

Anyone have any ideas on other forums we could use to spread the word?

Oh, and The Hurricanes in the premier division are looking for an assistant manager; if anyone is interested in that post?

Woo a match has been organised for Wasters Wanted for tomorrow :D

and looks like were training straight after it lol our condition will be pretty low!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Woo a match has been organised for Wasters Wanted for tomorrow :D

and looks like were training straight after it lol our condition will be pretty low!!

Training doesn't lower condition at all. The only way training saffects condition is if you perform physio training which will increase condition.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Training doesn't lower condition at all. The only way training saffects condition is if you perform physio training which will increase condition.

ahh i see, im only a newbie so still a lot for me to learn :)

• Advertisement

Woooot starting against CSKA Mersedes in a friendly!

Woooot starting against CSKA Mersedes in a friendly!

What number are you? have you played many games?

What number are you? have you played many games?

Last 2. I'm number 6, Valetine Sutton. :o

• How do you see if you're starting? im on the same team as you - Zdenko Domanci

[quote=[Deleted User];66145982]How do you see if you're starting? im on the same team as you - Zdenko Domanci[/QUOTE]

Your manager should tell you.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Hmm.... Our new Portugese manager has come in and brought in 3 Portugeezer's. 1 a goalkeeper, 1 a CB and 1 a WF. The goalkeeper is currently playing up front :ha: hopefully its just he hasn't been online. But I noticed he changed our captain I wonder is this the beginning of the takeover :D

[quote=[Deleted User];66145982]How do you see if you're starting? im on the same team as you - Zdenko Domanci[/QUOTE]

I dont' know if its the current squad but if you go to Team then Locker Room you can see the team, I think its the team that's currently selected.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

3-0! 3-0!

Well done my fellow wasters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I just signed up im a CF go by the name of El Mannn for no particular reason:D
    What do i do to sign for a team?

If you wait a few days (just do your training every day) you might be signed up to one automatically. I think Team 14 is close to being created.

Next match isn't till Wednesday so you have nothing to loose by waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A 1-1 draw for Ireland Bulls, we dominated the first half with the second half a little bit more evenly matched.

A goal from Ben Dover(me:cool::P) finally got us off the mark in terms of goals, after 3 games.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Is there anyone playing with the Irish Eagles anymore?

Eagle Eye left and everyone wants the manager sacked, we had a match tonight and only 3 showed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement