Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Got my 1st hat-trick tonight which I was delighted with (Team hate me now though :D) and Ben Dover (As a bot I might add :p) scored the best goal I have seen on this it was an absoloute belter of a goal. We won 5-3 anyway.

nice one,sounds like the teams been doing really well ,the last couple of games, haven't been able to play any of the games since the end of the season cause i've been working alot. hopefully i'll get to play next week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I think you'll find Paddy Byrne scored the goal of the season for the Hurricanes tonight! A scorching, Cristiano Ronaldo-esque screamer of a free kick from a ridiculously wide angle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You guys are lucky :P

Wherever I set my arrow, it will move about 100 miles. I did get an assist though tonight :D

2-1 loss for us, we had a penalty, missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Archimedes wrote: »
    I think you'll find Paddy Byrne scored the goal of the season for the Hurricanes tonight! A scorching, Cristiano Ronaldo-esque screamer of a free kick from a ridiculously wide angle!

You be wrong Ben ran past a guy who tackled him and failed ran again then just at the edge of the box at a rediclous angle and thumped it in, was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Guys there are some people who signed up from here who are no longer active. If you are or know of any of the following players can you please log in and make your contract terminable as currently you can only have a limited number of players in your squad so having inactive players taking up space is a big issue.

Players -

Eoin Hackett
    Glenn Fitzpatrick
    Dom Glasheen
    Kevin CorkCasual
    Allan Brown
    Styles Dunley
    Mick Gorman

I've mailed the following players asking them that if they are not going to be active to please do the following -

go to your character page->click the Contr. & Transf tab->then click the yellow square box of the contract with wasters ->when you go into that it should be down the bottom left an option called make terminateable. click on this option.

This will let me free up squad space to bring in a defender or two if any active defenders out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

You be wrong Ben ran past a guy who tackled him and failed ran again then just at the edge of the box at a rediclous angle and thumped it in, was immense.

He's now banned from playing his character :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Can't wait for the season to get back up and running now; the irregular friendlies are a bit of a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the season to get back up and running now; the irregular friendlies are a bit of a balls.
    Well I was chatting to you about this last night.

I have a serious problem over the next month and I'm sure most guys that play the game will too.

There is not an earthly hope of me being anywhere near a game while a World Cup match is on. There will be no problem with lads training and all that because they can do it at any time of the day but matches is a whole different issue because they are set for a time and if it clashes with a game there are going to be lots missing.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I was chatting to you about this last night.

I have a serious problem over the next month and I'm sure most guys that play the game will too.

There is not an earthly hope of me being anywhere near a game while a World Cup match is on. There will be no problem with lads training and all that because they can do it at any time of the day but matches is a whole different issue because they are set for a time and if it clashes with a game there are going to be lots missing.

Well I wasn't online last night so it wasn't me you were talking to but your point is valid alright. I'd usually play on the laptop and watch the match on tv. And I'd probably play FID ahead of watching Honduras and Switzerland or whatever. But yeah people will miss games and it'll probably disrupt the league standings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I wasn't online last night so it wasn't me you were talking to but your point is valid alright. I'd usually play on the laptop and watch the match on tv. And I'd probably play FID ahead of watching Honduras and Switzerland or whatever. But yeah people will miss games and it'll probably disrupt the league standings.
    Well thats where we differ. I think maybe gaming is bigger than soccer to you but for me any world cup match is huge and playing and watching a world cup match at the same time is a not happening for me either. I will spend 2 hrs fully immersed in each world cup game from the start through half-time and analysis after it finishes.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well thats where we differ. I think maybe gaming is bigger than soccer to you but for me any world cup match is huge and playing and watching a world cup match at the same time is a not happening for me either. I will spend 2 hrs fully immersed in each world cup game from the start through half-time and analysis after it finishes.

Yeah maybe. I personally feel watching too much soccer takes the gloss off it a little but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Nice, just got access. Right, any new players that need a team, im the manager of Iron Knob FC and im looking for anyone to join. Im currently looking for a GK, 2xSDs, 2xCDs, another CM, n another SM.

the link to my manager is Here

Feel free to contact me if you're interested

Great start to the new season for my team with a 3-0 win over the defending champions. How did everyone else do?

Anyone looking to join, we need a forward and a defender to create another new team.

Great start to the new season for my team with a 3-0 win over the defending champions. How did everyone else do?

Anyone looking to join, we need a forward and a defender to create another new team.

Wasters lost 5-0 to Shamrock FC.

So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Wasters lost 5-0 to Shamrock FC.

So frustrating.

How many active players did you have?

Shamrock have won the league twice and are arguably one of the best three sides in Ireland at the minute.

How many active players did you have?

Shamrock have won the league twice and are arguably one of the best three sides in Ireland at the minute.

I'd say we had 3 bots. They played up front while we all sat back and defended.

I got a match rating of 7 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Who are you on Wasters Wanted?!

I got a match rating of 7 too!

mars bar wrote: »
    Who are you on Wasters Wanted?!

I got a match rating of 7 too!

Valentine Sutton.

7.3 I got!

Ah that's you! :D

The reason my rating went that high is because I made one dribble successfully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Valentine Sutton.

7.3 I got!

Mine was 5.9 :( didnt think my passing was that bad lol

• Advertisement

Sounds like you guys defended too deep making it easy for them to get close to goal. Need to get an offside trap going of some kind if you are to have a hope. Not to catch them offside, but to make their forwards be further from the goal. Difficult with bots in defence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

If anybody is looking for another striker (I know, I know :rolleyes:) my username is dorgasm and my name is Nagrod Nísio. I'm a total noob though so if any lower league sides want to get in touch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

How do you request a transfer?
    Píssed off with my manager, tbh.

Also, anyone looking for a midfielder, gizza buzz.;)

Sounds like you guys defended too deep making it easy for them to get close to goal. Need to get an offside trap going of some kind if you are to have a hope. Not to catch them offside, but to make their forwards be further from the goal. Difficult with bots in defence though.

Nah I think it's like jonnyfingers said on teh FID forums that they were too high up so the Shamrock boys could play over the top and run onto it. You need to be far enough out that if they get the ball it's not an easy shot but close enough to the goal that they can't play balls over the top. I shouldn't really be telling you this but I thikn I'll still manage to score against you when we paly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Nah I think it's like jonnyfingers said on teh FID forums that they were too high up so the Shamrock boys could play over the top and run onto it. You need to be far enough out that if they get the ball it's not an easy shot but close enough to the goal that they can't play balls over the top. I shouldn't really be telling you this but I thikn I'll still manage to score against you when we paly. :D

Yeah, it's a tough call when it comes to the defensive line. Personally unless every defender is faster than the opposition team putting your defensive line on the halfway line is not to be advised. As a central defender for Shamrock, who used to be quite slow, I prefer a defensive line around the halfway mark of our half. That way it limits the risk of balls over the top, and creates space for midfield to work in.

Last year we played a game where both defenses pushed very high up so the game could only be played in and around the centre circle. It was ridiculous!

But back to our game against Wasters Wanted I thought the speed difference was the main reason we won so easily. I'd love to see something done to improve this situation and even the teams out but doubt it will happen soon. I was pleased enough with my contribution, had 100% passing and even got to dribble. Really would prefer playing midfield rather than defense as I think I can pick out a pass and move into space pretty well.

You don't know who I am, do you?:D

I totally agree with you that a balance is required as to where the defence should line up. You don't want too much space in behind but at the same time you don't want to make it easy for them to get close to goal.

However I was just going by IvySlayer's comment above which suggested his team defended too deep ("we all sat back and defended)". I didn't actually watch the game (won't work) but you could be right that they defended too high up. I was just going by his comments.

You don't know who I am, do you?:D

Course I do Gaffer. :D
    I totally agree with you that a balance is required as to where the defence should line up. You don't want too much space in behind but at the same time you don't want to make it easy for them to get close to goal.

However I was just going by IvySlayer's comment above which suggested his team defended too deep ("we all sat back and defended)". I didn't actually watch the game (won't work) but you could be right that they defended too high up. I was just going by his comments.

Yeah I was basing my comments on jonny's post in the FID forum.

Massive game toinght as Sporting Muff take on Shamrock FC. This is a serious grudge match with two teams from Trophy Manager who've been beating each other from the start. 4-0 has been a common scoreline so keep your eyes on it!

Pain in my you know whats with the Bulls we had 3 active lads (No Portugese I might add, it was me, Baz and I forget who) our manager was no where to be seen either. Thinking of moving but I dont think any club will take on a CM so wondering is it worth retireing my player and starting as an SD?

Pain in my you know whats with the Bulls we had 3 active lads (No Portugese I might add, it was me, Baz and I forget who) our manager was no where to be seen either. Thinking of moving but I dont think any club will take on a CM so wondering is it worth retireing my player and starting as an SD?

Try Wasters Wanted, think the manager was looking for defenders but you never know! Plus maybe he could play you as a SD instead of retiring your player and losing all the training points you got

• Advertisement

I'm the wasters manager and yeah would love to sign the 3 of ye tbh we're really short of defenders TBH so if you want to keep your character i'd sign you as you are and just play you as a defender or you can retire your character and come back as a SD and I'll sign you up. I can promise you starts every week and a 150k a week contract :P we've got an active keeper/midfielders and strikers all we're missing is the defenders!

ps if you reset id suggest go with speed bullet given how important speed is.

gibson wrote: »
    Try Wasters Wanted, think the manager was looking for defenders but you never know! Plus maybe he could play you as a SD instead of retiring your player and losing all the training points you got

Yeah, thats not a bad idea the problem is I dont think anyone will pay for me as I am a noob, I dont want to retire the player as I will lose the points and I dont think the manager will let me go as I am one of the few active.

I can vouch for highgiant, he's a great manager, and always active. Well, except when he's on a booze cruise :D

Yeah, thats not a bad idea the problem is I dont think anyone will pay for me as I am a noob, I dont want to retire the player as I will lose the points and I dont think the manager will let me go as I am one of the few active.

whats your player name? i've made a bid for two players from your club anyway so hope the manager accepts them :P

I'm the wasters manager and yeah would love to sign the 3 of ye tbh we're really short of defenders TBH so if you want to keep your character i'd sign you as you are and just play you as a defender or you can retire your character and come back as a SD and I'll sign you up. I can promise you starts every week and a 150k a week contract :P we've got an active keeper/midfielders and strikers all we're missing is the defenders!

ps if you reset id suggest go with speed bullet given how important speed is.

Sounds good to me, you will have to advise me on how to go about it. I think I picked speed bullet player at the start, my speed is 61 so what do you reccommened I dont mind either tbh. Oh and try get Baz he is a good lad and player. Woud enjoy playing SD.

Edit: I am Kevin Reganio and Baz is Ben Dover.

Ah here stop stealing my team mates :mad:

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me, you will have to advise me on how to go about it. I think I picked speed bullet player at the start, my speed is 61 so what do you reccommened I dont mind either tbh. Oh and try get Baz he is a good lad and player. Woud enjoy playing SD.

TBH if you're speed is 61 at the moment I'd keep going as is! k i'll put in bids now for you both. WOuld love to have you both in the line up for tonights game but need your manager to accept the bid

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ah here stop stealing my team mates :mad:

you can come to! whats your player name?

TBH if you're speed is 61 at the moment I'd keep going as is! k i'll put in bids now for you both. WOuld love to have you both in the line up for tonights game but need your manager to accept the bid

Hopefully it gets done but I doubt our manager will be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Ah reganio are you jumping ship! and I just turned down a transfer with substantial wage increase for the love of the Bulls. Love Your Captain :)

101001 wrote: »
    Ah reganio are you jumping ship! and I just turned down a transfer with substantial wage increase for the love of the Bulls. Love Your Captain :)

Yeah sorry boss but it annoys me that no lads are ever on, we had a chat last game (All 3 of us) and I just wasnt enjoying it which is what I signed up for.

• Advertisement

Im Sumo Fist CF. But can only play Wednesdays at the minute but I dont think I want to move just yet. I have to give my boss a chance after he handed me a good contract and showed faith in me.

Yeah sorry boss but it annoys me that no lads are ever on, we had a chat last game (All 3 of us) and I just wasnt enjoying it which is what I signed up for.

Sunday was the first game i missed... had to go for dinner with the girlfriend and some of her mates. I did mention i had a game trust me, it didnt go down well :) Best of luck anyway

Sunday was the first game i missed... had to go for dinner with the girlfriend and some of her mates. I did mention i had a game trust me, it didnt go down well :) Best of luck anyway

The problem is you are alright and usually on but thats it Ronald does be on as well but again thats it. No one even posts in our section or on the forums.

No one even posts in our section or on the forums.
    Was noticing that myself just today in fact i might have to reconsider my position myself. If the only active players are gone then there's not a whole lot of point in staying on. Let me know if you manage to get a transfer

Was noticing that myself just today in fact i might have to reconsider my position myself. If the only active players are gone then there's not a whole lot of point in staying on. Let me know if you manage to get a transfer

Yeah will do, you wont have a problem getting a team a good CB will go like hot cakes.

Rather than everyone jumping ship would you not all set your manager satisfaction to dissatisfied. Once enough do taht you'd get him sacked and someone else could take over. I'm pretty sure a couple of the regulars have assistant manager jobs while they wait for a management job to open up.

Rather than everyone jumping ship would you not all set your manager satisfaction to dissatisfied. Once enough do taht you'd get him sacked and someone else could take over. I'm pretty sure a couple of the regulars have assistant manager jobs while they wait for a management job to open up.

That would be my first preference but to be fair he missed one game and has been around for the friendlies I played in. Ill see how it goes. Hopefully if you guys are still with us for tonights game you'll come and give it your all for the team..

Yeah i've done that alright. In fairness ive played all the games (apart from sunday and he's been online twice iirc. He has signed players but ive seen one of them play. Its pretty plain to see that there are only a few that are always there. Some that have signed up Ive never seen at a match

We'd love to have some of ye at Wasters Wanted FC. Particularly defenders!

This is looking good for the Wasters :D

we might actually have a fully active starting 11! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement