Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Identity - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

gibson wrote: »
    any more signings gaffer ;)

I'm still in the market for defenders so if any new players interested as signing up as a defender all I ask is that you can make some matches games are at 845PM Wednesdays and Sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

hey i joined boards especially to help bump this thread, i'm the best irish goalie (allegedly) we need 1 more keeper for team 16 to be created :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Any teams looking for a newbie defender?

Gillington wrote: »

yeah wasters wanted have alot of Boards players would love to sign you! whats your players name?

ok I think you're David Barrett in the game so I've sent you a contract offer from a club called Wasters Wanted. There are a number of other players from that side who are from boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hey Gillington, I'm also a Wasters Wanted player. We definitely need another active defender!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

ok I think you're David Barrett in the game so I've sent you a contract offer from a club called Wasters Wanted. There are a number of other players from that side who are from boards

Like me :D come join us in our quest for greatness ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

The names Gill Hicks,sign me up so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

guess youve possibly signed 2 defenders in that case boss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yay, two new defenders.:D
    Maybe now I can play in midfield or upfront? *wink wink, nudge nudge* :P

• Advertisement

gibson wrote: »
    guess youve possibly signed 2 defenders in that case boss :D

haha possibly 3 actually :P Gill offer sent!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yay, two new defenders.:D
    Maybe now I can play in midfield or upfront? *wink wink, nudge nudge* :P

they have to acccept the contract first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How did you Wasters find the game against The Muff last week? Gutted that I had to head away after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah we got murdered like we expected but we scored a goal which was fairly impressive that no one expected us to get so in a way it was a moral victory.

2 Defenders handy. I am Reganio and basically you will idolise me to become a good player just watch me.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    How did you Wasters find the game against The Muff last week? Gutted that I had to head away after 20 minutes.

easy to see why yer fav for the title this year is all I'll say. Realistically we know we can't touch the top 8 sides this year as ALL our players are new. Other teams have 3 4 or even 5 seasons more training than us so we can't hope to compete with them yet. that said from the sides we've played to date I have to say Muff have impressed me most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Ah we got murdered like we expected but we scored a goal which was fairly impressive that no one expected us to get so in a way it was a moral victory.

2 Defenders handy. I am Reganio and basically you will idolise me to become a good player just watch me.

We even have our own Ronaldo here.(not talent-wise, mind):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is there anyone else from here on the Iron Knob FC team? we are joint top of division 2A pushing hard for promotion, we have a great team i believe we can get promotion:D

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Only 4-1 though. Like I said I was only there for 20 minutes or so but we can't have destroyed you if we only scored 4 surely. I think you were marking me by the way were you?

easy to see why yer fav for the title this year is all I'll say. Realistically we know we can't touch the top 8 sides this year as ALL our players are new. Other teams have 3 4 or even 5 seasons more training than us so we can't hope to compete with them yet. that said from the sides we've played to date I have to say Muff have impressed me most.

That's good to hear alright. I feel we could beat anyone when we've our first choice 11. The only problem is that with it being the summer, we're going to end up having important players missing a fair bit. The depth of our squad is mainly newer players like so they'd struggle in a game against ICFC, Shamrock or Skulls. I'd even add Knockbridge and Muir to that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

any team looking for a new defender

• Advertisement

any team looking for a new defender

whats your defenders name? Wasters wanted would love to sign you.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Frances BARESI

Frances BARESI

offer sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Out of the ashes of the bulls rises Irish managed Puckoon FC. Think Im gonna stick around, new gaffer seems keen.

Edit - also got a big sweaty 200k a week contract. Hope u ex-bulls choke on it :p:D

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Out of the ashes of the bulls rises Irish managed Puckoon FC. Think Im gonna stick around, new gaffer seems keen.

Edit - also got a big sweaty 200k a week contract. Hope u ex-bulls choke on it :p:D

ex bulls players also offered 200k contract :P i always offer players reduced contracts until they prove they are active. 200k is the max for your players age.

we need 1 goalie and 2 defenders for team 17 to be created!

please for the love of got stop making midfielder's until team 17 and 18 are created

and people who joined and have maybe given up or not found a club would you mind reseting your midfield character to one of the other 3 positions please and thank you

• Advertisement

still 2 defenders needed, anyone want to do me a favor and join just to make the character and you can never log in again if you don't want to, you wont get any annoying mail or anything and a lot of people would appreciate it, theres a guy who has been waiting for over a month to manage this team and we cant unlock it until we get the defenders

please help people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'll sign up and play, but a question, if you pick a defender, do you have to play as a defender in every match, or can you change positions over time or move into midfield even???

Defender created, name is Franz Beckenbauer, and user id is DOC09UNAM

you dont have to play there,you wull just be best skilled to play in defence and if you wish you can train new positions, or in the future buy another carachter if you enjoy the game enough,

i have 3 carachters, a goalkeeper, winger and centre mid

now pleeeeeeeease do not accept any contracts until you are placed in team 17, if you want to leave then you will be able, but please wait for it to be created

• Advertisement

I am waiting to be contacted on it! Am i able to just find a new team and play with them??

you can play for team 17, or leave cheap if you want

i suggest sticking it out with 17 you will have a very experienced player managing the team

team 17 should be created tonight at 1 am people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Created a player there for the craic. CB too if you want to recruit? Player name is Kaleen Sheet, User ID is Fizman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Rumours abound that veteran defender Paul McGrath may consider signing for one of the newer teams in the league to help shore up their defense if the Shamrock debacle isn't sorted out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I have a player that's joined a team and I just can't find the time to play. If anyone would like to take over this player PM me.

we now need 1 midfielder and 2 defenders for team 18 woop :D

• Paul McGrath should consider Wasters Wanted...

Theres a good tradition of drinking developing at the club so he'd slot in nicely...

[quote=[Deleted User];66799537]Paul McGrath should consider Wasters Wanted...

Theres a good tradition of drinking developing at the club so he'd slot in nicely...[/QUOTE]

Yeah and we can get our best player *cough* me *cough* out of an unfamiliar position :D. But yeah you would be very welcome I am sure, and we are crazy active as well.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

skeheenarinky and kuato stars might be interested :D

• Advertisement

Puckoon FC are looking for defenders. You know the team that trounced Wasters not so long ago :D

Puckoon FC are looking for defenders. You know the team that trounced Wasters not so long ago :D

So you're short defenders on the night you face Twochops? Nice one. :D

So you're short defenders on the night you face Twochops? Nice one. :D

As our most versatile CF Im filling in at defense I think and ill handle it easily. Now who is this twochops fella?

As our most versatile CF Im filling in at defense I think and ill handle it easily. Now who is this twochops fella?

Ah he's a bit shite in fairness. I wouldn't worry about him too much.

Ah he's a bit shite in fairness. I wouldn't worry about him too much.

:D Im studying the Muir and eagles tapes to see the right and wrong approach respectively. I still expect to get bet well but hoping we can hold our heads high afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

skeheenarinky and kuato stars might be interested :D

Yeah kauto stars will need someone special at the back to stop Iron Knob FC when they meet:D

:D Im studying the Muir and eagles tapes to see the right and wrong approach respectively. I still expect to get bet well but hoping we can hold our heads high afterwards.

Well I wasn't on until 70 minutes for the Muir match so I wouldn't take too much from what my bot was doing!

Well I wasn't on until 70 minutes for the Muir match so I wouldn't take too much from what my bot was doing!

Well from what research Ive been doing it seems your coach tried to replace you with our other first choice striker :P :D

Well from what research Ive been doing it seems your coach tried to replace you with our other first choice striker :P :D

Yeah I heard that alright. :D

• Advertisement

In fairness your striker is wayyyyy to good for you :D

Advertisement