Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed conversion to office, slight water ingress problem.

• 19-05-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All.

Just looking for a second a opinion. Live in an apartment complex but have shed which the the middle of three such shed. The issue is that over the last twenty years the slab settled 2" down on the rear. This causes water to pool against the wall of the end shed which is not rendered and work its way under the damp course and access the floor of their shed and under my damp course which was laid on the slab and the shed built over. This only occurs in the heaviest of rain. I am hoping this year that the slob will be repaired by having a new 50mm top poured with the correct fall put on it.

In the mean time i want to go ahead with converting this shed to a small office. There is no rising damp etc and the shed is well ventilated except for this issue. As the water at most amounts to 10mm tricks across the floor at the lowest point, floor was not skimmed so is quite pitted.

I was planning on laying a 20mm layer of cement with water proofing agents in the mix. This would correct the fall of the slab off level internal in the shed as well as leaving the floor height 20mm heigher than the neighbouring shed. I also plan to paint the walls in waterproofer before slabbing with insulated slabs. I wil prob repeat this in the problem shed. Any one got an opinion as it whether this is a viable solution.

Thanks

Advertisement