Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE accomodation!

Options
  • 19-05-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey guys,

I got into the hdip in UCD by the 2nd round offers today. However, Im abit worried about accomodation etc as Im from Donegal and have no clue where to live! Anyone in the same boat looking for accomodation too??? Any help/advice would be much appreciated! Even non student accomodation near the uni would suit me! Would be even better living with other post grads! :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blueelephant

hello,

on campus accomodation rules have been changed this year, basically approx 1000 or so places are now available for all on a first come first served basis. my understanding is that on the 16th of june (when applications open up) that you can apply,pay your deposit online,and as long as that goes through, you've got campus! :) (id check up on those dates though..check out the website http://www.ucd.ie/residences/ )

otherwise there is alot of off campus private renting available..which can be alot cheaper than on campus. depending on your circumstances (like if you drive) and the hours in college you expect to have .. off campus can be quite a good idea. im an undergraduate from donegal myself and lived on campus and also off campus,personally i found that off campus is a little cheaper if your wiling to live a bit further away from the college....try daft and search for areas like stillorgan, ranelagh,miltown and windy arbour...
    stillorgan is a good choice cause there is the 11 and 46a,145 etc bus routes which all pass by it UCD...
    and miltown and windy arbour are reasonable enough walking distance taking about 15 to 20 min walk or a 10min cycle. Dundrum is also a good option. One tiny piece of advice though is this, if you cant keep a year lease.dont sign it! :)

hope it helps a little! :) enjoy UCD,its pretty decent enough university ;)

Advertisement