Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If the Transfer Domino effect hits your club

• 19-05-2010 8:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You always hear people talking about their dislike of transfer time, but i gotta be honest i love it. I dont take things too seriously tbh unless it involves my club and looks like its going through but do enjoy the speculation around potential moves and how they will effect the clubs involved. Therefore I think that this could be a fun topic which could throw up some interesting alternate teams.

If the big transfer rumours surrounding your club this summer came to fruition in a somewhat (afterall you never expect all rumours to happen) logical manner whst could we see?

for example Arsenal:

...............................................Buffon

Sagna(Eboue)..................Zapata/Subotic..........Vermealen(Djorou)........Cliche(Gibbs/Traore)

Walcott(Eboue).......Hamsik(Ramsey/Wilshere)......Yaya Toure(Song/Diaby)....Arshavin/Nasri

..........................Bendtner/Chamakh...........RVP(Arshavin)

Fabergas, Eduardo & Almunia out, Toure, Buffon, CM, Chamkah all in for probably no net spend infact foe most likely for a profit.

30-35m + Yaya Toure for Fabergas
    9m for Eduardo
    Gallas out on a Bosman
    Senderos on a free to Everton
    Rosicky/Vela for 6m
    Almunia for 4m

Raised- 49-54m

10-15m for Buffon
    20m for Hamsik
    Chamakh on a free
    15m Zapata
    Yaya Toure as part exchange

Spent- 45-50m

Net profit = 4m

This money plus money recouped from any other sales (Reserves, loanee's etc) and any money that Wenger actually has to spend to begin with could then fund more one relativley big transfer, perhaps a winger. However more likely would be that a new back up centre back would be signed with this money and Wenger would once again be financially frugal for Arsenal, infact that CB could be just when Nordveit steps up or you might still be left with Silvestre as 4th choice CB, if you are lucky though Sol will still fill this spot whilst Wenger signs some other unknown who surprises us all for cheap.

and my own Villa:

less news coming out of Villa so despite my not thinking it will happen (esp due to Lerner in one of his very minimal press conferences said it wouldent) ill say that Milner is sold for 24m to someone like City or Utd. Villa have been linked to a number of City players and I would not be surprised to see moves for Ireland and Micah Richards, a new DM would also be needed imo and ive thrown Segesson's name in their just cos he has been linked and fits the mold but id still expect someone else to fill the role needed to atleast rotate with Petrov (esp while Delp is injured), dunno who atm. Similarily Im not sure who we will pursue upfront which is the position without changes to our current squad we def need improvement in. Id have prefered to see more of him and had expected more but i can see NRC going somewhere like Fulham (along with Shorey) and one of Carew or Heskey will probably move too if a new striker comes in with The Fonz becoming (remaining as) the 4th striker. Id actually imagine Carew more likely to leave as at their respective ages he would be more likely to be able to still get one big move with guaranteed first team football for a swansong, like the oft rumoured moves to sides like Fenerbache.

Milner out for 24m
    Carew out for 5m
    Beye out for 1m
    Shorey out for 2m
    NRC or Sidwell out for 5m
    Harewood out on a free
    Salifou out on a free

Money raised: 37m

Ireland in 9m
    Richards in 6m
    New Striker in 12m
    New DM/CM: 7m

Spent: 34m

4m profit which could be put with any money that would have been allocated to transfers anyway and money potentially saved on wages and spent on one more first team quality siging to add to what would already be below, maybe a midfielder who can play on the wings:

..............................................Friedel

Richards(L.Young).........Cuellar(Collins)............Dunne(Davies).......warnock(L.Young)

A.Young................Petrov/Segesson..................Ireland.............Downing

....................Gabby(The Fonz).....................New Striker(Heskey/Carew)

next year Friedels replacement will have to be priority no.1 unless Guzan stepps up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No point anyone in from the Liverpool and Manchester Utd camps playing this game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

mike65 wrote: »
    No point anyone in from the Liverpool and Manchester Utd camps playing this game :pac:

the-google-money-vacuum1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Rangers - Lose Boyd for free. Wilson 3m to Liverpool. Bougherra, possibly 5 million, maybe a little more depending on world cup.
    Novo, Beasley out of contract.
    Thomson to Middlesborough 2.5m

Thats the way its looking so far.

In- Nada, nowt, zilch.

10m towards the tax bill....:(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Typical LOI team transfer window

Half team leaves on free tranfer
    10 players brought in on free tranfer

over.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement