Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A great loss to the Shooting community. Gilbert Carey RIP

Options
  • 19-05-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

RIP Gilbert Carey,
    A keen shooter and motorcyclist.

Gil lost his battle with cancer yesterday evening.
    Gilbert loved shooting and country life.
    He is survived by his wife Claire and his Children Tommie and Grace.

MNSCI will be closed Sat 22nd May as a mark of respect and will reopen Sunday 23rd as normal.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=119149541437836

Gilbert Carey
    12-11-1970 - 18-5-2010
    photo.php?pid=30230073&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=1576915072&id=1542687339

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I never met or knew him, two of my favourite things and just a year younger than me. The poor lad. RIP Far too young, it sounds like he made the most of his time in this sh1tty world.
    Spannerman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

An avid and keen sports shooter, truely a great loss to all not least his family and friends.

A gentleman that will be greatly missed.

R.I.P.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

R.I.P Fellow sportsman. Condolences to his family. Ayear younger than me. Makes you think.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Kryten wrote: »
    R.I.P Fellow sportsman. Condolences to his family. Ayear younger than me. Makes you think.:(

and two kids under 10.
    He was planning a Motorbike/Tractor & Vintage run to raise some funds.
    The cancer got him before he got to finish his plan.

It was organised for the 30th of this month, he missed out by ten days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

and two kids under 10.
    He was planning a Motorbike/Tractor & Vintage run to raise some funds.
    The cancer got him before he got to finish his plan.

It was organised for the 30th of this month, he missed out by ten days

I didn't know the man but my sympathies go out to his family. Maybe someone could organise the vintage run in his memory?

• Advertisement

patsat wrote: »
    I didn't know the man but my sympathies go out to his family. Maybe someone could organise the vintage run in his memory?

Leon lowry was org'ing it. We will have to wait and see what the family want first.

As of today Run will still be taking place.
    Checkout Gilbert Carey trust Fund on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Used to meet him a lot at MNSCI.

Nice bloke who obviously loved shooting.

Condolences to his family & friends

RIP

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

RIP Gilbert, and condolences to his family and friends. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Never met the man,but my condolences to his family and friends.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

RIP Gilbert Carey,
    A keen shooter and motorcyclist.

Gil lost his battle with cancer yesterday evening.
    Gilbert loved shooting and country life.
    He is survived by his wife Claire and his Children Tommie and Grace.

MNSCI will be closed Sat 22nd May as a mark of respect and will reopen Sunday 23rd as normal.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=119149541437836

Gilbert Carey
    12-11-1970 - 18-5-2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Tack is that same Gilbert not to far from us???

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Tack is that same Gilbert not to far from us???

Yep, the one and only, I know him years.
    He never got to see his 40th birthday

Session in the Bodhrán Sat night in his memory. It was supposed to be an auction to raise money for his trust fund. Now It's a final farewell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Never nice to see a loss like this . Thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

condolances to his family and friends
    ill say a prayer for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Yep, the one and only, I know him years.
    He never got to see his 40th birthday

Session in the Bodhrán Sat night in his memory. It was supposed to be an auction to raise money for his trust fund. Now It's a final farewell.

Wont make it Tack, Few friends and the sister i think are going.
    Prayers are with his family

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The family request the help of people who attended the burial,any info would be greatly appreciated.:)

My request is this. A lovely man (a biker, obviously) approached Gil's dad (Gilbert Snr) after the funeral on Friday and told him that it had been filmed. I think he said he was from Longford. He told him it would be on a website but my father in law wouldn't know how to turn on a computer so he doesn't remember what website was mentioned.

I would love to at least see it, if not get a copy of it on disc. If the person who was talking to him is a member here, would you please contact me, or if anyone who reads this knows who recorded it please let me know.

If you know the man who taped it please get in contact.Thank you.:)

The family request the help of people who attended the burial,any info would be greatly appreciated.:)

My request is this. A lovely man (a biker, obviously) approached Gil's dad (Gilbert Snr) after the funeral on Friday and told him that it had been filmed. I think he said he was from Longford. He told him it would be on a website but my father in law wouldn't know how to turn on a computer so he doesn't remember what website was mentioned.

I would love to at least see it, if not get a copy of it on disc. If the person who was talking to him is a member here, would you please contact me, or if anyone who reads this knows who recorded it please let me know.

If you know the man who taped it please get in contact.Thank you.:)

May-30 Gilbert Carey Trust Fund Car, Tractor and Bike run OFFALY Contact John Deegan 087-6737125 €20 to enter with Car,Bike or Tractor.

John might be able to get you in touch with the guy you were talking to.
    This Run is scheduled to stop at MNSCI for Tea and light refreshments

Advertisement