Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who needs money when we got feathers....

• 19-05-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭

Now that were all pretty much in the dung heap in poverty, debt, negative equity etc, I propose that we take a minute and escape reality for a minute

No-no, put down your crackpipes and hear me out...

I propose that we all individually come up with our own new currency that we have plenty of to make us automatically rich (in our head naturally).

Myself, i was torn between stones, feathers and the numerous weeds in my back garden to make me me quite the rich man. However, i think ive hit the jackpot! :D:D

BLADES OF GRASS!!

I'll see all you peasants later :P

You can pick back up your crack pipes now - thank you :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

That's been done in the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" books.

They choose leaves as the currency, but due to hyperinflation with the ready availability of leaves they had to undertake a massive deforestation program to reduce the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i thought this looked promising cos i'd just watched an uncie herb episode of the simpsons. but no, no more laughs for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Brilliantness.
    I have loads of that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Blades of grass for currency? Sure wouldn't the banks all be looking for bale-outs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Blades of grass for currency? Sure wouldn't the banks all be looking for bale-outs.

Sure Brian COWen loves grass...

*runs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Myself, i was torn between stones, feathers and the numerous weeds in my back garden to make me me quite the rich man. However, i think ive hit the jackpot! :D:D

BLADES OF GRASS!!

I'll see all you peasants later :P

:pac:

No mower.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

No-no, put down your crackpipes and hear me out...

NEVER!

I propose that we all individually come up with our own new currency that we have plenty of to make us automatically rich (in our head naturally).

BLADES OF GRASS!!

Ah, so the rich, with their big gardens and huge amouonts of land, get richer. Now who's on crack eh?
    You can pick back up your crack pipes now - thank you :pac:

No, thank you. Also, do you have any spare crack. My um... dying... cute puppy... who has only 3 legs... needs it. I swear.

Advertisement