Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Make Derry City of Culture in 2013!

Options
  • 19-05-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

The Derry-Londonderry Bid to be named UK City of Culture was boosted by stars, James Nesbitt, Ciaran McMenamin and Bronagh Gallagher and rock group Snow Patrol giving their support to the campaign.
    With the Derry-Londonderry bid due to be delivered on Friday the campaign is gathering momentum with First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness also gave their support to the campaign.

Snow Patrol have given permission for their hit single 'Just Say Yes' to be used as the official campaign song while all three actors paid glowing tributes to the city: "As someone who has worked in the city, I know only too well why it would be a wonderful choice for city of culture and I know what it would mean to its citizens," said James Nesbitt.

Please show your support

http://www.cityofculture2013.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

congrats derry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Congrats indeed. Well done to everyone involved.

I have no idea as to what amount of work went into this but Im sure it was a huge effort and got its just rewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Yes, congratulations to all concerned. Today I emailed the Lord Mayor, Colum Eastwood, to ask him about the resurrecting of the Foyle Valley Railway Museum as a key part of the Derry City of Culture 2013. It's not as if Derry is spoilt with tourist attractions and the Foyle Valley Railway Museum, if reopened, and the line extended to Carrigans in County Donegal has the potential to be one of the Ireland's top tourist attractions. If Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness can have a 'chuckle' together, surely Derry City Council and the various parties in the North West of Ireland Railway Society can come to some mutually amicable arrangement. It's now or never.

I would like to suggest that those interested in the project should contact Derry City Council in the first instance and ask them about their intentions for the Foyle Valley Railway Museum.

Derry City Council,
    98 Strand Road,
    Derry,
    BT48 7NN
    Tel: (028) 7136 5151
    Fax: (028) 7126 4858
    Email: info@derrycity.gov.uk

The Lord Mayor of Derry is SDLP councillor Colum Eastwood and his contact details are here:

Councillor Colum Eastwood
    Email columeastwood@yahoo.co.uk

Press Office
    Tel 028 90 42 1837

Please don't leave it to somebody else! :)

Advertisement