Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green paint/lines on Limerick roads

Options
  • 19-05-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

So you have probably all seen those green lines painted on the roads on what appears to be the Great Limerick Run route.

Im wondering if its up to the GLR or the council to remove them.

The Great Limerick Run have not bothered to reply to my e-mails and deleted my comment from their facebook page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

They will just wear off.

Back in the nissan classic days there was a Start Finish line at the hill down from LIT. They left it there every year then came back and refreshed it for the next year. No doubt we'll get the same from these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Was wondering what they were....mystery solved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »
    So you have probably all seen those green lines painted on the roads on what appears to be the Great Limerick Run route.

Im wondering if its up to the GLR or the council to remove them.

The Great Limerick Run have not bothered to reply to my e-mails and deleted my comment from their facebook page.

you have little to be worrying you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

The Great Limerick Run organisers are only interested in making money, no surprise that they haven't responded to you Berty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I assume it's a light paint and that it will wash away over the next few weeks / months.

I do know that the City Council were unaware of the organisers doing this at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    you have little to be worrying you

Im unemployed. I have to have something to occupy my day and being a keyboard warrior is a full time job with a few hours here and there for sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

To be honest the green paint on the road doesnt bother me as much as limerick stealth bus stops and pedestrian crossings....hopefully some of these will wear off and can be moved to better locations :P

Maybe the GLR will never reply to my e-mail but as some boardsies were involved with the GLR maybe they might point this thread out to them.

Well if they can paint the road then maybe the rest of us can paint the roads if we feel like it so. I would paint messages to other road users that p*ss me off like

"Dear 04 LK 12345 Learn to fvcking indicate"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get one of these Berty! Vent a little :D

419j0rixD%2BL._SS400_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I can see it now, next penalty point offence :
    "Reprogramming flashing LED thingy in your back window while driving : 10 Penalty Points" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

To be honest the green paint on the road doesnt bother me as much as limerick stealth bus stops and pedestrian crossings....hopefully some of these will wear off and can be moved to better locations :P

Good Man - Thought it was just me :D
    Maybe the GLR will never reply to my e-mail but as some boardsies were involved with the GLR maybe they might point this thread out to them.

Well if they can paint the road then maybe the rest of us can paint the roads if we feel like it so. I would paint messages to other road users that p*ss me off like

"Dear 04 LK 12345 Learn to fvcking indicate"

I can actually indicate - But as it happens, that time I had my Beer can in the Cupholder so had nowhere to put my Pint Glass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

You actually sent more than 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Roadend wrote: »

I believe it was two.

One politely asking them to clean up their Green Lines - Then a subsequent communication threatening to burn them, BURN THEM ALL!!!! :eek:

Roadend wrote: »
    Raiser wrote: »
    I believe it was two.

One politely asking them to clean up their Green Lines - Then a subsequent communication threatening to burn them, BURN THEM ALL!!!! :eek:

No just the one e-mail. Misuse of plural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Im unemployed. I have to have something to occupy my day and being a keyboard warrior is a full time job with a few hours here and there for sleep.

maybe you could occupy your time by scrubing off the green paint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Cleaning up other people's sh*t?

As one of their "Volunteers". Screw them. They made enough money out of this.

Are they waiting for the green lines to wear off? They probably will just in time for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

jeebus lad whats become of this limerick forum....green paint on the road and waynes tackies...oh the worries of life in limerick...

Am i the only one that doesnt give a crap about the lines in the road? what harm are they doing? Can we not just be proud of an even this size being run in limerick....im doing the cork marathon in june...must pop over to the cork forum and see if there giving out about paint on the roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I've mailed them thankning them for the green lines and requested that they leave them there as they brighten the place up. They came straight back to me agreeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fair question and fair complaint Berty. It wouldn't be that hard for them to use some sort of marking that would wear off in a few days instead or perhaps ask the council in advance who would hopefully tell them to use some sort of marking that would wear off in a few days instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Maybe the green paint is warning you these are the area's of Limeick you shouldn't wonder into :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Maybe the green paint is warning you these are the area's of Limeick you shouldn't wonder into :D

Green means go :rolleyes:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Green means go :rolleyes:

Not all the time

129118838911143550.jpg

Advertisement