Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD/Inst of Bankers Grading System

Options
  • 19-05-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey

I am currently doing a course with Institute of Bankers/ UCD. It is masters level and are using the grade system where you need average of 3.68 or higher to get the first class honours. After each exam they give you a grade based on your percentage obtained in the subject.

My question is does anyone know when they are calculating the final grade do they take the average of all the grades obtained or do they take an average of you percentage mark in each module and then calculate the grade.

Reason i am asking are my results to date are

1. 67.86% which is grade 3.6
    2. 69.78% which is grade 3.6
    3. 57.42% which is grade 3
    4. 87.75% which is grade 4.2

If it is average of % then result is 70.7% and that is grade 3.8 which is first class honours.
    If it is average of grade then it is 3.6 which is 2.1.

Any help on this would be grade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

You got a 2.1 unfortunately.

They do not work by overall percentage. Percentage only gets you a GPA.

However, it might be worth talking to your lecturer about that 69.78%. Could see them upping that to a 70% potentially. But that would leave you at a 3.65... Go check your scripts regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Same thing happened to me when I looked at my grades for Christmas 2007:
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55049236#post55049236
    My results for the second semester brought my average down anyway so it wasn't an issue in the end.

Advertisement