Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucy Kennedy on the radio

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

rovert wrote: »
    Strange analysis.

Ive heard her do that on TV. In your defence that statement is a bit hard to gauge without seeing her body language.

Stuart Cable had died over the weekend - colm played the track as a tribute to the guy - then there was the bit about what if some listener sends in a text pointing out to them that they played the wrong stereophonics song.

Colm had started out trying to make a nice gesture to a guy who had died quite tragicly. Lucy just showed zero understanding or interest in the human aspect of the story, she saw everything exclusively in terms of herself - if some sad pleb of a texter sends in a text complaining about something on the show ........."what - ever".

Look, it was full of attitude and nasty and unnecessary imo, and I felt she let the mask slip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Stuart Cable had died over the weekend - colm played the track as a tribute to the guy - then there was the bit about what if some listener sends in a text pointing out to them that they played the wrong stereophonics song.

Colm had started out trying to make a nice gesture to a guy who had died quite tragicly. Lucy just showed zero understanding or interest in the human aspect of the story, she saw everything exclusively in terms of herself - if some sad pleb of a texter sends in a text complaining about something on the show ........."what - ever".

Look, it was full of attitude and nasty and unnecessary imo, and I felt she let the mask slip.

I didnt hear it

You didnt see her (although she should know the limitations of radio as a medium)

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

Hector and Tommy are great on the radio, but I don't know if they could keep it up five days a week!

I thought Hector did a pretty good job when he stood in for Gerry a few weeks back.

Colm Hayes is terrible and Lucy whatsherface is appalling, worst combination possible for a radio show at any time, let alone 9-12. I most definitely wouldn't give the job to Colm Hayes solo either, he is not an enjoyable person to listen to, and thats putting it nicely!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Ahem, tubs has got the gig starting late August. Surely the end of the discussion !

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

true, but they are still on the radio, and still terrible!!!!

They just simulate supposedly casual conversation on the most banal subjects imaginable, don’t they?

One of them kick starts the discussion a propos of nothing – such as have you ever been stung by a wasp or something – they then yak about this for a few minutes until there’s a caller on the line to join in, and end up spinning half an hour out of nothing

They are only following orders from the powers that be obviously but the un-ambitiousness of the format is depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

I heard Tubs got the gig (:D happy about that), but thought he would be starting sooner than that, oh poo, its still not safe to turn the radio back on yet so.

:(

Btr wrote: »
    Ahem, tubs has got the gig starting late August. Surely the end of the discussion !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They're doing a great job. I can see them getting the 11-1 slot in August. Rick O Shea may be moving slot again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Barname wrote: »
    I took one for the team this morning by listening to the show for over 1 hour

that guy Colm is quite good, he listens, thinks, responds

Lucy is just a mouth, spouting irrelevant comments with bad timing

If RTE are smart, they will dump Lucy and give Colm the spot, solo.

I totally agree, Colm is quite good, but RTE took the safe/lazy way out by giving the job to Tubridy. It annoys me that they ignored the opportunity to do something more radical with Gerry's slot. I'm also pi$$ed off that the new show will be 1 hour shorter. RTE run the risk of complete Tubridy over exposure and ultimately diminishing audiences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

jazoo wrote: »
    Hector and Tommy for the job cheer us all up they would.............or maybe coax Tom Dunne from news talk
    Hector an Tommy two utter gob****es:eek::eek::(

Lucy let her happy clappy mask slip the other day.

Colm played the stereophonics song that goes “maybe tomorrow Ill find my way home” in memory of stuart cable.

Then he added as an aside “I suppose someone is going to text in telling us stuart cable didn’t drum on that track”, and Lucy lets out a vicious what - EVER, in a “what-ever, get over it looser” tone of voice.

She obviously considers herself completely above criticism – needs a reality check badly.
    I wish she would just fade away in syber space i thought she was ment to be finished in that slot by now anyway i dont listen in now FM4 is a pretty good station and Q102

So tubs got the job well i for one wont be listening i wouldent be really into it with Gerry not in the chair it will never be the same. RIP Gerry you'll be really missed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Just listening to the last hour of Colm on his own (Lucy is sick).
    I think he is doing a great job on his own, prefer him that way, so far anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

miketv wrote: »
    Just listening to the last hour of Colm on his own (Lucy is sick).
    I think he is doing a great job on his own, prefer him that way, so far anyhow

Yea right on a day like that, probably Googled herself and saw this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chasingcars

Yea right on a day like that, probably Googled herself and saw this thread.

How sick would you need to be, not to be able to talk for a few hours. She is absolutley brutal at it anyway. To be fair Colm has sound better with out her

• Advertisement

How sick would you need to be, not to be able to talk for a few hours.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/laryngitis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chasingcars

ok thanks lucy.

No probs Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ok thanks lucy.
    rovert wrote: »
    No probs Colm

Therefore, anyone who greets a post saying "I think <DJ Name> is OK" with "Hi <DJ NAME>" gets a one day ban - no exceptions."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Lucy sounds very insincere

Lucy sounds as if she is 'reading' preprepared comments

If any friends of Lucy read these threads kindly explain to her that shouting over people is not cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just on your point Barname, I happen to listen in this morning and have come to a conclusion. She's got a wad of talent but no one seems to be sitting down with her and reviewing her shows and working on tweeking the output so to speak. She has to learn how to be impartial yet have an opinion and G Ryan was one if not the best in the business. Colm Hayes comes a close second when he's in the zone but Lucy needs a little help that's all.

She's not bad but its a major adjustment for her and what she's used to. RTE, give her time, space and help and she could just be the one that will blossom.
    And as I've said before Colm is at home on the radio no matter what time of day or show it is...

bbability wrote: »
    Just on your point Barname, I happen to listen in this morning and have come to a conclusion. She's got a wad of talent but no one seems to be sitting down with her and reviewing her shows and working on tweeking the output so to speak. She has to learn how to be impartial yet have an opinion and G Ryan was one if not the best in the business. Colm Hayes comes a close second when he's in the zone but Lucy needs a little help that's all.

She's not bad but its a major adjustment for her and what she's used to. RTE, give her time, space and help and she could just be the one that will blossom.
    And as I've said before Colm is at home on the radio no matter what time of day or show it is...

"Shes got a wad of talent" - what are you basing that on? Was there something in particular she contributed which revealed to you how talented she is?

If you can give an example or 2 then I will stand corrected but in the meantime, based on what I have heard of her she is straight out of Ross O'Carroll Kelly central casting; seems to have the dim outlook of a priviledged 17 year old in the body of a 30 year old. Some of her "opinions" are nothing short of embarrassing - for example, one morning recently she was on about how she didnt really believe in using sun cream, and had never used up a full bottle of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

for example, one morning recently she was on about how she didnt really believe in using sun cream, and had never used up a full bottle of it.

I actually heard that episode, but she was saying she always uses it, and only good brand name stuff.
    I find her annoying, and there seems to be a lot more radio errors, like wrong music, or music being played during news/traffic etc.

Advertisement