Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician/ Now Engineering student wanting to teach

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,
    Im a qualified electrician, and now back in education going for an ordinary degree in electrical power, i am in 2nd year as i gained advanced entry with my apprenticeship.
    Just wondering what more can i do to be a metalwork/engineering teacher for secondary school?? would u have to go for the honors degree in electricial engineering (2 more years) ?? or what,

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

www.teachingcouncil.ie has information about recognised qualifications and procedures for applying with qualifications not on their list. I think (as you gained an exemption from the early part of your degree ) even if you did an honours degree on the list of recognised qualifications you would still have to submit detailed transcripts of subjects taken to gain exemption from the early part of the degree. So keep all details of the syllabus you covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevin10

Thanks i had a look and i find my hons degree can get me teaching physics and maths, i was looking for which degrees get you teaching metalwork/engineering and i cant find any, where do you think i can find the requirements for teaching that subject

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you could try the university of limerick's grad dip in education (engineering technology) after your honours engineering degree. http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Research/Graduate_School/Prospective_Students/Graduate_Programmes/Taught_Programmes/Education_&_Health_Sciences/Technology . So that would be 2 more years of your honours degree and 18 months of the grad dip.

Advertisement