Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Merged> Bono isn't the Worst/Bono is the worst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Orange69 wrote: »
    And countries like Ireland will be picking up the tab.

The EU has been picking up the tab for Ireland for the past 35 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

http://i.imgur.com/xztjg.jpg

Problem, Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Ah look he's an awful cock altogether.

I couldn't give a sh!te about his failure to pay tax or his hypocrisy or his sucess or any of the rest of that b0ll0x.....

What's unforgivable is the dire quality of music U2 have been putting out for the last 10-15 years and the fact that Bono is oblivious to this. He's no better than Geldof at Live Aid, using Africa as a vehicle to re-live his 15 minutes.

U2 long ago ceased to be musically relevant to anyone except the type of person who when asked about music says 'I like a bit of everything' and owns 4 CD's, possibly a Coldplay one, two compilations and one Simply Red :rolleyes:

Tawdry Christian rock that's just not very good. Very bad in fact.

He was asked recently what music he's into and he answered 'The Edge' -there you have it, that's as far as his narcissism will allow his brain to wander, he can see himself reflected in the Edges shades while he stands near.

Bono is not hated because of the Internet, his tax dodging, his success etc (oh they're jealous of my success=the battle cry of the deluded)

He's hated because he's an embarassment and his band are sh!t but point blank REFUSE to fcuk off

He's hated because he's an embarassment and his band are sh!t but point blank REFUSE to fcuk off

Spoken like someone with the mind of a 14-year-old.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

If Bono passed away tomorrow ,the funny thing is that there would be a huge outpour of grief by the very same people who knock him down and slag him off. If you look back over some of the threads about Gerry Ryan and people slagging him off, when he passed the very same people were saying how great he was and what he has done for this country..........its all bull**** Bono is a great ambassador for this country and its people, which is more than can be said by some of the people posting here...Ireland is becoming a less appealing place to live because of peoples smallmindedness.....i preferred when we had **** all, at least everybody looked out for on another................

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He's a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm gonna start liking Bono/U2 just to piss everyone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Spoken like someone with the mind of a 14-year-old.

Oooohhh! .....someone is stung eh!!!

Mind of a 14 year old eh .....describes Bono perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

You would swear he was Gary Glitter the way some folk go on about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

jazoo wrote: »
    If Bono passed away tomorrow ,the funny thing is that there would be a huge outpour of grief by the very same people who knock him down and slag him off. If you look back over some of the threads about Gerry Ryan and people slagging him off, when he passed the very same people were saying how great he was and what he has done for this country..........its all bull****

Was reading through the thread thinking the exact same thing. But while he's around there will always be the Bono hatred - just because that's the thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'm with the OP. I reckon he gets more abuse than he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

the day bono passes on I'll blank out all media for a week so I won't have to listen to the gnashing and wailing of teeth, just like I did for G. Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I've nothing against Bono other than the terrible music he produces along with his band U2. That said tho, he only releases an album every four years so I'm grateful he does that much for us.

What really pissed me off about the lipless midget scumbag was he decided to charge the people of ireland a record-breaking 150 quid a ticket to see thier poxy concert in Croke Park during a recession!

When most people are out of work or at least feeling the pinch,this profiteering shiitehawk milks what litte money his countrymen have left and absconds from the country with it..no tax,no revenue no benefit to society....and then he prates on to us about fcucking AFRICA!!!
    How we shoud give what little money we have to despots and corrupt governments to spend on wars..the prick..the utter,utter prick.

Degsy wrote: »
    What really pissed me off about the lipless midget scumbag was he decided to charge the people of ireland a record-breaking 150 quid a ticket to see thier poxy concert in Croke Park during a recession!

When most people are out of work or at least feeling the pinch,this profiteering shiitehawk milks what litte money his countrymen have left and absconds from the country with it..no tax,no revenue no benefit to society....and then he prates on to us about fcucking AFRICA!!!.

That's not his fault. That's the fault of people here who'll accept forking out €150 to see the platformed, prancing midget.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I personally don't hate or resent Bono. I could take or leave most of his music and enjoy the odd song.

(Just to try and disprove the physics theory that if an Irish person displays a non-extreme view of Bono that the earth's core temperature will triple.)

bonerm wrote: »
    That's not his fault. That's the fault of people here who'll accept forking out €150 to see the platformed, prancing midget.

Well why did the sawn-off ginger bastard sell the tickets for that much?
    He has more money than he's ever gonna spend(word on the corridor is he's a tightarse) so why the fcuck not do a free concert to give something back.
    After all if it wasnt for the deluded masses of irish peole buying his tripe in the first place he wouldnt be a multimillionaire,tax-dodging,short-arsed,thin-lipped hypocrite with a bad weave job.

Well why did the sawn-off ginger bastard sell the tickets for that much?

Supply and demand. If the short-arsed, hair-transplant, shíte-pile saw a half-empty Croke Park the next time he decided to honour us with his presence you'd soon see tickets dropping to the price they are in other countries. Irish people are either too dumb or too lacking in alternative forms of entertainment to realise this.

I don't think he should play for free tho. All the singing lessons, shoe-lifts, botox sessions and hair dye for the pint-sized prick cost money ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I was always neutral on the guy till he became so self righteous and preachy. Plus he needs to pay some tax. U2 are still an amazing group - just think they would be better if bono stopped trying to tell the world how to behave based on all his deep thinking and rock star wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

He's a prick.

I trawled through 5 pages for this? Disappointing ...

EDIT: oh wait there is more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

a record-breaking 150 quid a ticket to see thier poxy concert in Croke Park during a recession!

Hmm funny that, I paid €100 for mine. Bono himself must've given me a discount cos I'm such a sound bloke and all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wow, people jealous of a really rich, successful guy, no surprise there.

How many people went to the North for cheaper shopping?

IvySlayer wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha, spot on. Many people here worried about paying taxes to Her Majesty rather than their own public purse?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha, spot on. Many people here worried about paying taxes to Her Majesty rather than their own public purse?

I bought my laptop in the North to save money :D

IvySlayer wrote: »

Nope, but I buy most of my electronics from France if that makes you feel any better.

bonerm wrote: »
    Nope, but I buy most of my electronics from France if that makes you feel any better.

:eek:

But..but...VAT....how dare you shop abroad for a cheaper deal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Well that's just bullsh!t Degsy, maybe there were tickets that price in the premium level in croker, but I'm pretty sure I only paid around €60 for a ticket for standing on the pitch. from the quoted post you're clearly giving the impression that the average ticket cost €150 which it did not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Morlar wrote: »
    Plus he needs to pay some tax.

whatever we think of Bono, we really need to start getting over the tax thing. we are becoming a bit of an embarrasment bringing the auld tax thing up every time his name is mentioned.

A little research wouldnt go amiss.......
    First off Bono didnt move any tax abroad. the company 'u2' did.
    Secondly, what Bono, and U2 as a group still pay in taxes in Ireland each year would pay for dozens of ministers salaries! Yes we are talking many millions.

OP, console yourself with the fact that it's an Irish trait called begrudgery. Anyone in the public eye is open to it.

Thats said though, doesnt mean I gotta like their music!

• Advertisement

sure I only paid around €60 for a ticket for standing on the pitch

You paid 60 quid to stand on a pitch and listen to him bullshiiting?
    60 quid is disgrace,much less 150 quid that the hook-nosed homunculus was charging some peop[le.
    I think whoever made the point is correct,irish people are a bunch of easily-led,easily-conned sheep.
    Thanks for lining the pockets of scumbags like bono..i'm sure he really appreciates it.

Advertisement