Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Merged> Bono isn't the Worst/Bono is the worst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

According to this article it was The Coronas that fcuked him up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Raiser wrote: »
    According to this article it was The Coronas that fcuked him up.
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100521/ten-uk-bono-surgery-6ea0823.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Don't anyone be getting too upset by nerdwar comments made by success stories who live in AH.

It's just not worth it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

I was replying to the idiotic comment "something serious I hope".

I dont remember at which point it became funny to wish serious illness on another Irish person.

As for the Mugabe comment, well that says more about you amacachi than anybody else.

So I shouldn't wish serious illness on another Irish person? But someone from a different country is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Biggins wrote: »
    No, Cowen hasn't returned it yet to him!

Does a member of the Government have to be included in every joke you make?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Back Surgey... does he need a new spine...

Maybe, it's got to be hard work carrying that ego around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    So I shouldn't wish serious illness on another Irish person? But someone from a different country is ok?

Go away child. I prefer putting my own words in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A sign he is human after all.......... He has a dodgy back. Poor Lad.

Bahahaha. Jesus christ, do you speak like that in the real world as well or just when you want to give yourself a sense of importance on the internet?

Does a member of the Government have to be included in every joke you make?
    They are the best jokes going! :p

I only wish they were going... going... *** GONE!!! ***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

he's done a lot of good for our country

like?

Bahahaha. Jesus christ, do you speak like that in the real world as well or just when you want to give yourself a sense of importance on the internet?

I speak that way to children who annoy me. And I don't think After Hours is the place to come to feel important on the internet.

I do however believe that you should be brave enough to back up everything you say on the internet, even on After Hours. And if you're the type of person who'll wish serious illness on anyone, then I can't imagine your real life personality is up to much.

Unless..people are not really themselves on the internet. Could that be possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I dont remember at which point it became funny to wish serious illness on another Irish person.

It was always funny, that's why you can remember.

Actually, are you Bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Bono if yer reading this .. get well soon m8 keep up the good work

Am I Ali? Am I Bono? The imagination of you people is staggering.

Unless..people are not really themselves on the internet. Could that be possible?

Hmm, I suppose that's possible. But I'd be willing to bet you've got a stick up your arse in real life as well.

Am I Ali? Am I Bono? The imagination of you people is staggering.
    :D

Welcome to AH. Ya must be new here. :p :pac: ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Those of you in the College Green/lower Grafton Street/Nassau Street area: did ye hear that champagne cork pop and deafening "WOOHOOOOOOO!!!"?

It came from TCD library...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Back Surgey... does he need a new spine...

I reckon so, I usually get surgeys in my pants

EDIT: I usually get Bonos in my pants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

he's done a lot of good for our country

Tax please

LOL
    In all fairness, I don't like his music but he no doubt has put Ireland and Irish people "on the map" - so fair dues to him for that.
    I hope its nothing serious that he's suffering from.

I'm still awaiting for the merging of Jedward and Bono/U2 on stage. LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

lol Irish people cant acknowledge the success of other Irish people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Jaysus...I hope Geldof doesnt organise a feckin vigil or God forbid... Bono Aid!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Ah here ffs. He's one of our own, regardless of what you may think of him a person, he's done a lot of good for our country and doesn't deserve that kind of ill will.

Yeah - moving to The Netherlands for tax purposes the day before the Irish government was about to tax his multimillion euro income for the first time after they imposed an upper limit on the artist's exemption certainly showed admirable patriotism, especially in the current climate of stringent cuts to the Equality authority and in social programs and arts funding, not to mention the overseas aid budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

LOL
    In all fairness, I don't like his music but he no doubt has put Ireland and Irish people "on the map" - so fair dues to him for that.
    I hope its nothing serious that he's suffering from.

Because we were never on the map on account of having the largest number of Nobel prize for literature laureates per head of the population before?

Decent enough band, went well downhill after Achtung Baby.

Frontman is a wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL
    Because we were never on the map on account of having the largest number of Nobel prize for literature laureates per head of the population before?

To be fair the IRA did the same but it not something many liked to trumpet! :p

As for Bono, welcome to middle-age. Its all going south and getting dizzy from now on you know.

As the saying goes "another string to our bow" to our cultures credit.
    As said, not a fan but hey, I've heard worse sometimes. I've listened to myself singing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In all fairness, I don't like his music but

But.... Have you been to a U2 concert?..

Serious question, because until last year I'd have been pretty much in with you on this.

Then my son bought me tickets for the 360 tour in Croke Park, and I experienced the most fantastic night of music in my life.

As for putting Ireland on the map, I stood in the middle of Croker looking at flags from as far as Japan & Australia, to Brazil & the USA to Europe.

Even thinking back to it now fills me with emotion, its a night I'll never forget.

But getting back to the thread for a moment.

I'll agree that Bono is a bit of a tit when he starts to speak, but he's a harmless ol' whore who doesn't need people wishing him any ill will.

But back to the gig :D I know the AH crowd don't get off on the whole 'proud to be Irish' thing. But standing in Croker that night, in U2's home turf and looking at so many people from so many parts of the world rock their asses off filled me with a pride I've rarely felt before or after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Whos bono?

Advertisement