Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Merged> Bono isn't the Worst/Bono is the worst

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

But.... Have you been to a U2 concert?..
    Serious question, because until last year I'd have been pretty much in with you on this.
    I have - and they put on a hell of a show and I can see why others like them.

Just on some of their music alone, I wouldn't be into them but I put that down to my own age and possibly daftness. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Must be a backache from carrying those bags of money to Switzerland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

So now who's going to save the world ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL
    In all fairness, I don't like his music but he no doubt has put Ireland and Irish people "on the map" - so fair dues to him for that.

So did Darby O Gill, and we still cant shake off that image! :rolleyes:

Actually, is Bono actually King Brian?! Same height, same funny high heeled shoes......:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Does anybody know how to get to that hospital from North Dublin?

I er,have a friend who er,wants to give him er, grapes....yes,that'll do..hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

He must have had too much bitty.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    What do you know about Bono's charitable contributions? How do you know what he's donated?

I DO know that he has hundreds of millions of pounds sitting in the bank that he hasnt given away to his beloved africa.
    Why?
    Because he's a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Yeah - moving to The Netherlands for tax purposes the day before the Irish government was about to tax his multimillion euro income for the first time after they imposed an upper limit on the artist's exemption certainly showed admirable patriotism, especially in the current climate of stringent cuts to the Equality authority and in social programs and arts funding, not to mention the overseas aid budget.

Did the Irish Govt put out records or go on tour for the money ? then why should they be intitled to any of it ? Because they saw that they could change a law and make some money off it ? sure hes loaded but he didnt do it on the dole. :mad:

He must have had too much bitty.

In the musical "Oliver" Fagin sings:

"Why should we break our backs,stupidly paying tax?"

Bono follwed his sage words to the letter and still maneged to break his back..cold comfort indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I reckon so, I usually get surgeys in my pants

EDIT: I usually get Bonos in my pants

Does it make you feel a little dickie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dudess wrote: »
    Those of you in the College Green/lower Grafton Street/Nassau Street area: did ye hear that champagne cork pop and deafening "WOOHOOOOOOO!!!"?

It came from TCD library...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

I'm sure he'll get the best of care what with all the money the government are making off him in taxes... Oh wait a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did the Irish Govt put out records or go on tour for the money ? then why should they be intitled to any of it ? Because they saw that they could change a law and make some money off it ? sure hes loaded but he didnt do it on the dole. :mad:

Thats almost saying that nobody should be taxed. I earn my money myself...should the Govt. be entitled to it? Its more the thing about telling the Govt. to spend more on aid when, if they paid taxes here, maybe they could do such a thing.

This song perfectly sums up what a smug twat Bono is.

This song perfectly sums up what a smug twat Bono is.

I believe he wrote the Denis Leary song "I'm an asshole" about himself in a moment of drunken sincerity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

God, I haven't seen From Dusk till Dawn in a while. Must get on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Rigardo wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll get the best of care what with all the money the government are making off him in taxes... Oh wait a minute...

Bono =/= U2. He has other businesses in Ireland that pay taxes. He got his care in Germany.

DingChavez wrote: »
    He got his care in Germany.

Pity it wasnt 60 years ago..the nazis hated dwarfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

scudzilla wrote: »
    Something serious i hope

Nice. :rolleyes:

Funny how you can say that but if he dies, people get on a high horse.

Standards. They are a tricky thing.

God, I haven't seen From Dusk till Dawn in a while. Must get on that.

Watch the first hour..then it gets silly.

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fcuck how crazy they are! "

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to get to that hospital from North Dublin?

I er,have a friend who er,wants to give him er, grapes....yes,that'll do..hehehe

Sour grapes?

Degsy wrote: »
    Watch the first hour..then it gets silly.

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fcuck how crazy they are! "

My brother watched that film on a bootleg video when it was banned, without having seen it before or really heard of it. The vampire thing took him by surprise, apparently.

Sour grapes?

Not quite.

The vampire took him by surprise, apparently.

Surprise is the most effective tool in the vampire's toolbox.

Speaking of tools..this was about Bono,no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Pretty sad to see how some of the regular posters in AH will jump on any chance to make some smart, insulting comment about Bono/Pat Kenny....it's as if it makes their day.

Imagine if he died the shiit we'd have to put up with!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Could you not have posted this in the other threads related to bono?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Pretty sad to see how some of the regular posters in AH will jump on any chance to make some smart, insulting comment about Bono/Pat Kenny....it's as if it makes their day.

It totally does..if there were no threads about bono i'd join the capuchins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Was going to post a tirade, until I opened the thread... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The Pope would say his funeral mass, there'd be an official month of national mourning, every TV show would be a Bono tribute of some form or other & it would rain for a whole year, non-stop.

Advertisement