Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Story of Your Enslavement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Sistertrip can I join your cult? Can i Please oh please pretty please?
    Actually I think the name of the dealer in Dublin who used to supply good mdma for Slides and the temple of sound in the late 80's / early 90's was known as Sistertrip!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

SisterTrip wrote: »
    This will come as no surprise to some here. Others, well, we'll see. Enjoy :p
    No trying to be an a$$hole or anything but what is it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SisterTrip

digme wrote: »
    No trying to be an a$$hole or anything but what is it about?

A$$holes.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

lol all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Id recommend you guys watch this.I got a look at it a day or 2 ago and it was quite interesting.
    Talks about the policital/social/economical system we are tied into and its purpose etc.
    Anyway i enjoyed it and agree with a fair bit of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

You know what, I think people think too much.

Yah, we should stamp that out immediately. :mad:

exactly :)

Glad we sorted that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Very good video, I don't understand the childrish reaction on this forum to every topic raised.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Can't watch you tube at work, but whose enslaving who here?

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Very good video, I don't understand the childrish reaction on this forum to every topic raised.:confused:

What does 'childrish' mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What does 'childrish' mean?
    Give it a rest.

AlcoholicA wrote: »

It's because when they are faced with truth they can't deny, they have no other option but to act like children, pretend they have not or can not see the clip, change the subject or just say nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Edit: I bet someone is gonna come back now and say it's "psuedo-science" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's because when they are faced with truth they can't deny, they have no other option but to act like children, pretend they have not or can not see the clip, change the subject or just say nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Or maybe they see it as rubbish and just lack the manners to reply politely.

humanji wrote: »
    Give it a rest.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a troll. :P

Well it's on the internet so it must be true, and I'm sure there's nothing on the internet to refute it.

fontanalis wrote: »
    Well it's on the internet so it must be true, and I'm sure there's nothing on the internet to refute it.

Are you just here to argue ? You admitted to not seeing it, so how does that qualify you to have an opinion about it ?

And how do you judge something to be true or not ? television ? a book ? do you have to see it with you're own eyes ? You use a lot of stuff from the internet to prove you're points !! can I not do the same ?

Wake up fontnails, don't be such a .....

Are you just here to argue ? You admitted to not seeing it, so how does that qualify you to have an opinion about it ?

And how do you judge something to be true or not ? television ? a book ? do you have to see it with you're own eyes ? You use a lot of stuff from the internet to prove you're points !! can I not do the same ?

Wake up fontnails, don't be such a .....

Right back at you. Everything you told poor enslaved me applies also to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Uh-Oh! Looks like someone's being brainwashed by FDR. Will you be disowning your family then Sister Trip?

• Advertisement

Right back at you. Everything you told poor enslaved me applies also to you.

Actually it doesn't affect the ones who are aware of it. Are you going to answer my previous questions ?
    studiorat wrote: »
    Uh-Oh! Looks like someone's being brainwashed by FDR. Will you be disowning your family then Sister Trip?

What are you talking about ?:confused:

You were talking about truth in the context of the video you posted.

Do you know who made the video don't you?

I'm refering to their doctrine regarding family of origin, deFoo..

Actually it doesn't affect the ones who are aware of it. Are you going to answer my previous questions ?

Aware of what, I really want to know? If I run around shouting I'm aware, I'm aware am I somehow unplugged from the matrix?
    As for figuring out what is real or tue, I tend to avoid New Age Woo or narcicisstic tripe peddled by peope who claim to hold some knowledge not possessed by the "sheeple".

You were talking about truth in the context of the video you posted.

Do you know who made the video don't you?

I'm refering to their doctrine regarding family of origin, deFoo..

I wasn't aware of who made the video, nor am I interested in that. It is the content that interests me. Concern appreciated though.
    Aware of what, I really want to know? If I run around shouting I'm aware, I'm aware am I somehow unplugged from the matrix?
    As for figuring out what is real or tue, I tend to avoid New Age Woo or narcicisstic tripe peddled by peope who claim to hold some knowledge not possessed by the "sheeple".

When you know a lie is a lie, it isn't a lie anymore. When I know it is a lie and you do not, I can take preventative measures to reduce the possible repercussions of believing something that is a lie, this gives me an advantage. There are obvious side effects of believing the lie to be the truth, I'll leave that to you to figure out.

Hint.. Spellcheck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

I wasn't aware of who made the video, nor am I interested in that. It is the content that interests me.

Freedomainradio and the process of defoo should be something that concerns you since you posted the video. They are a very worrying cult that preys on young people, siphons money out of them and splits up families. Hence my comment in my first post.

Most cults will have some kind of philosophy or pseudo-psychology which contains content that is agreeable, even seems enlightining to people, but you cannot seperate the content that you agree with from the dangerous parasatic cult that use these kind of videos to reel people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

perception, perception, perception that all that the video is, its an alternative way to look at the world today, and its quite well thought out in my opinion.

I wasn't aware of who made the video, nor am I interested in that. It is the content that interests me. Concern appreciated though.

Hint.. Spellcheck

How can you honestly say you know something is truth if you don't even know who published the information or where you got that from?

It may be of interest and it may even seem plausable but only an idiot would take something to be fact simply because they approve of the information, without actually knowing anything about it's source. It's very typical of the CT and the Spiritualist it would seem. The whole notion of an idea appealing to someone and them choosing to believe it because that idea suits their worldview.
    Flaregon wrote: »
    perception, perception, perception that all that the video is, its an alternative way to look at the world today, and its quite well thought out in my opinion.

Well spotted, but I don't think it's well thought out at all. He's basically taken the work of Ayn Rand and distilled it for mass media, much like a music video or something.

To a certain extent I agree with Objectivism, however I believe the laissez-faire Capitalism aspect is, to put it simply, selfish and blinkered.

Once again it looks more like an excersise in marketing and self promotion for EMO's than a discourse in philosophy or social sciences.

The greatest irony of the whole thing however, is the author of the video has taken the philosophy of a movment and presented it for the cool kids 'alternative media'. At the same time as one of the original members of that movment being none other than Alan Greenspan, chairman of the federal reserve for about 10 years. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

How can you honestly say you know something is truth if you don't even know who published the information or where you got that from?

It may be of interest and it may even seem plausable but only an idiot would take something to be fact simply because they approve of the information, without actually knowing anything about it's source. It's very typical of the CT and the Spiritualist it would seem. The whole notion of an idea appealing to someone and them choosing to believe it because that idea suits their worldview.

Personally, I wouldn't need to know the source of truth to know it is truth. I use a little something call intuition, I don't need someone or something to tell me that the grass is green, when I look at it, i just know.

Personally, I wouldn't need to know the source of truth to know it is truth. I use a little something call intuition, I don't need someone or something to tell me that the grass is green, when I look at it, i just know.

Shine a red light on it and it won't be green...

The main alternative to intuition is rational thinking which I prefer. Intuition is a set of beliefs which we can't justify, it's knowledge without recourse to thought. So while it may tell you what you want to hear, it's not a basis for fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Shine a red light on it and it won't be green...

The main alternative to intuition is rational thinking which I prefer. Intuition is a set of beliefs which we can't justify, it's knowledge without recourse to thought. So while it may tell you what you want to hear, it's not a basis for fact.
    I would have thought intuition was a subconscious function gained from learned memories.But i do agree we cant go on knowledge learned alone as this could also have been wrong.So i believe in a mix of using everything you can intuition, circumstantial evidence and good sources if possible ofc.

Torakx wrote: »
    I would have thought intuition was a subconscious function gained from learned memories.But i do agree we cant go on knowledge learned alone as this could also have been wrong.So i believe in a mix of using everything you can intuition, circumstantial evidence and good sources if possible ofc.

That sounds like using your experience rather than intuition. Intuition can point you in the right direction alright. But to rely on it alone is stupidity and laziness.

This seems to be going OT but my main argument stands one I've stated many times here, people believe certain things because it suits them to do so. The fact that the truth is often either dull and boring , or sits uncomfortably with pre-concieved ideas seems to effect peoples better judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Someone else been watching 1984 on one of the sky movie channels the other night aswell I see?

If not then..I was.:pac:
    Scary stuff,still have to read the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

That sounds like using your experience rather than intuition.

Don't believe everything you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Everything I say is a lie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

I seem to remember watching this vid a couple of years ago ......? Liked the farming allegory, good way of putting things in perspective.

• Advertisement

I must quote you on that some day. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Lenihan?
    Bertie?
    Brian?

:eek:

Great video and so very true.I was only talking about this the other day,Its all about control.
    The people have been in a box for centuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Well, does anyone feel like they are not living up to there true potential....

I know I can feel trapped in society...

How do you break free?

caseyann wrote: »

Bertie?

Brian?

:eek:

Yeah, you see I can be both Bertie and Brian Cowen at the same time. I have magical powers you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Why is this in conspiracy forums ? Its not a conspiracy :confused:

It belongs in philsophy or expand your horizons forum... maybe even politics.

And yes I 100% agree with the video ;)

Yeah, you see I can be both Bertie and Brian Cowen at the same time. I have magical powers you know.

Haha sorry didnt read the name on the post :o

Advertisement