If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Cable

Options
  • 20-05-2010 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey guys I had gotten the lovely Pioneer 519 off you at xmas time and I've the pioneer connected to set of jamo s606 floors which are bi-wired to the single binding posts.
    I want to upgrade my speaker wires and was thinking of the Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 but should I go for the 'single wire' or 'bi-wire'.The speakers are only a metre or so either side of the AVR(pic included sorry for quality took it on phone :P )
    Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

F.Galway wrote: »
    Hey guys I had gotten the lovely Pioneer 519 off you at xmas time and I've the pioneer connected to set of jamo s606 floors which are bi-wired to the single binding posts.
    I want to upgrade my speaker wires and was thinking of the Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 but should I go for the 'single wire' or 'bi-wire'.The speakers are only a metre or so either side of the AVR(pic included sorry for quality took it on phone :P )
    Cheers.

F.Galway,

Thanks for the post - delighted to hear that the Pioneer VSX519 is going well for you - We have reduced it to £149.95 for a Boardie special by the way.

If you were just looking for a short length I would break thye bank and go for 2 off-cuts of the stunning Monitor Audio PureBi which normally retails at £9.95/Mtr but we will find you 2 off-cuts at just £6.99 each if you like - to be honest this maybe slight overkill but it will be good cable for many upgrades to come!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

F.Galway,

Thanks for the post - delighted to hear that the Pioneer VSX519 is going well for you - We have reduced it to £149.95 for a Boardie special by the way.

If you were just looking for a short length I would break thye bank and go for 2 off-cuts of the stunning Monitor Audio PureBi which normally retails at £9.95/Mtr but we will find you 2 off-cuts at just £6.99 each if you like - to be honest this maybe slight overkill but it will be good cable for many upgrades to come!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks for the speedy reply!
    Sounds like a winner so the Monitor Audio PureBi, do you suggest banana plugs for both ends or just leaving it as bare wire?Also rough measurement of the length puts it at about 1.8m on either side.
    Cheers.

Bumpity bump :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

F.Galway wrote: »
    Thanks for the speedy reply!
    Sounds like a winner so the Monitor Audio PureBi, do you suggest banana plugs for both ends or just leaving it as bare wire?Also rough measurement of the length puts it at about 1.8m on either side.
    Cheers.

Galway,

apologies for leaving you out in Siberia - If it was me I would get the speaker cable a little longer than required to allow you to cut it back in the event of it becoming oxidised and avoid the 4mm plugs so if you like I'll have the guys hunt around for a couple of 2M offcuts?

Keep me posted ..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for getting back to me John, yeah sounds good will I contact you early next week so?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hey John & crew,
    I've been tempted to get a pair of headphones along with the speaker cable.The Grado sr60i have caught my eye ;). What's the best price that you can do on them? Might also go for a pair of AKG K512 as a present to a friend.What would be the total?
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

As with all boardies, and our regular customers. We are always looking to do the best pricing we can.

On a pair of AKG512 and SR60i's, the best that I can do is £117 delivered.

I currently have these in stock.

Let us know if you would like to order them.

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys sent a pm to kenny in regards order.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi F.

One of our guys is going to call you regarding this.

Sometimes a good old fashion phone call works a bit quicker than all this electronic stuff. :)

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.