Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landis admits doping, points finger at LA - Please read Mod Warning post 1

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Its just the next stage of the strategy.........from villian to down-beaten victim. Poor him. Everything changes, everything stays the same, he's still a COTHO, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries. He loses at least one Tour title, he's name gets officially tarred with the doping brush and we can all move on safe in the knowledge is a doping COTHO. (Nice acronym TheBlaaMan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Inquitus wrote: »
    It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries

The standard Lancefan reaction has for some time been "....and even if he did, everyone else was doing it and he still beat them all, so he's still the greatest cyclist of all time".

The only change will be removal of the "even if he did" clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    The standard Lancefan reaction has for some time been "....and even if he did, everyone else was doing it and he still beat them all, so he's still the greatest cyclist of all time".

The only change will be removal of the "even if he did" clause.

at least we seeem to be getting away from the TDF being the only race that matters scenario at the end of the day its tough winning any race (i guess never have won anything)

(and the fact he pretty much only won the tdf rules him out of "greatest cyclist of all time " imo)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

(and the fact he pretty much only won the tdf rules him out of "greatest cyclist of all time " imo)

We need that up in lights!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

He beat cancer, he won the tour 7 times in an era where everyone doped, maybe he's not super clean, but he's only human after all - we all makes mistakes. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We love Lance! Look at what he's done over the years to raise cancer awareness and fund research!

All the haters are just jealous.

USA! USA! USA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

joker77 wrote: »
    He beat cancer, he won the tour 7 times in an era where everyone doped, maybe he's not super clean, but he's only human after all - we all makes mistakes. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We love Lance! Look at what he's done over the years to raise cancer awareness and fund research!

All the haters are just jealous.

USA! USA! USA!!

The same fund raising paid for his legal bills too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

G2ECE wrote: »
    The same fund raising paid for his legal bills too.

There may have been a note of sarcasm in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Now that the criminal case is out of the way (nice work there Lance - just shows that money really does buy justice in the States), he is playing this one perfectly.

The victim strategy, nothing left to prove, just getting on with my life now supporting cancer victims, I'm just going to have to accept there'll always be questions no matter what I do...

You have to hand it to him, it's nearly perfect. Nearly. I'd say his PR people have been cursing his Atheism, otherwise praise jebus - the God angle would have been all over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

raise cancer awareness
    True
    and fund research!
    False

Sorry, even if the post is in jest. I can't not correct this point.

• Advertisement

To err is human - to come clean is not.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries. He loses at least one Tour title, he's name gets officially tarred with the doping brush and we can all move on safe in the knowledge is a doping COTHO. (Nice acronym TheBlaaMan)

Prove it. Thank god for democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mattser wrote: »

With Lance now apparently admitting to it there's no need to. What's democracy got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You are probably living in a different planet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Positive tests that were explained away by a UCI Inquiry from 99 ?

Thanking God for democracy eh? And you're a Lance apologist eeeeeh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭C3PO

Zzzzzzzzz ....... Have we not been here before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

I thought all doping talk was forbidden by the charter?
    With that in mind I'll be as cautious as I can be.
    The thing that always confused me about LA and his alleged doping is that after his treatment for cancer that he would allegedly put toxic performance enhancing products into his bloodstream thus risking his long term health?
    Allegedly putting your own blood back into your bloodstream though.... maybe wouldn't surprise me so much.

CPL 593H

C3PO wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzz ....... Have we not been here before?
    You could not open the thread.

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    The thing that always confused me about LA and his alleged doping is that after his treatment for cancer that he would allegedly put toxic performance enhancing products into his bloodstream thus risking his long term health?
    EPO can be used in cancer treatment, to help combat anaemia. It's not necessarily toxic.

EPO can be used in cancer treatment, to help combat anaemia. It's not necessarily toxic.

Has he admitted to EPO use during his cancer treatment and recovery? I got the impression - from David Walshes book I think - that he hadn't?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Has he admitted to EPO use during his cancer treatment and recovery? I got the impression - from David Walshes book I think - that he hadn't?
    Don't know to be honest. My only point was that EPO is not necessarily toxic.

Landis on lances announcement
    "That article was as near an admission as I've seen from the guy. He's just going to try and convince people that they shouldn't care. Obviously coming from me it's personal but all the cancer awareness in the world doesn't change the fact that he broke the same rules as everyone else."

It seems Johan Bruyneel was served on landing in the US for the Tour of California

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11852/Source-says-Bruyneel-was-served-with-a-subpoena-by-federal-investigators.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

So the USADA investigation is still ongoing???? I am confuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

The USADA investigation is completely separate to the FEDERAL investigation into potential that the crime of fraud was committed. The latter was quashed in February.

I think he's put it best. Are we falling for the ploy by just wishing it was over? Or should we keep at it? In a way I feel that many of us are very frustrated by his refusal to admit. He's almost the last, but biggest and most stubborn stain, in the dirty pair of jocks that is that era of cycling. If he could come clean, then maybe we'd feel a bit more comfortable wearing them again, y'know, as a guilty pleasure.

futuramafry.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

Confirmed....Cheat !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

andym1 wrote: »
    Confirmed....Cheat !
    You're right - can we move on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement